Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Thanks WILL....trial by video, disgusting really, the vid looked awful but i was right on that wing and only 4 or so meters from it, didn't look like that from my angle and neither did any of the umpires think it was reportable...untill 4 days later ......

And what of Wallace? karma when Sydney didn't go through with there job offer or the fact he hasn't ever coached again.

Grinder was always one of my favourite players emerging from the doldrums of the late 60s through the 70s and early 80's he was a hard nose at it player, you will find most Dee supporters idol him, we had some pretty tame teams before he showed up.

And totally agree with what he said....they...were out to get him, i would have seen just about every game he played in Melbourne he wasn't a dirty player but he was an aggressive player.

• Like 1

Some interesting stats....

Grinter had a career 31 games suspended

Barry Hall had 28 games suspended

Tony Lockett 23 games suspended

Robert Muir St kilda - 42 weeks total

saints certainly developed a few hard nuts there.
  • Like 1

I heard Robbie Muir being interviewed on radio many years ago when he was playing for West Torrens.

He had just copped a few matches in the SANFL and the interviewer asked him what happened and he said "...well he called me a black <deleted> so I give him a whack" .

First time I ever heard the C word on public radio, the producer must have missed the button.

• Like 2

Some interesting stats....

Grinter had a career 31 games suspended

Barry Hall had 28 games suspended

Tony Lockett 23 games suspended

Robert Muir St kilda - 42 weeks total

saints certainly developed a few hard nuts there.

How about Carl Ditterich - 30 games suspended.

• Like 2

Congrats to those who picked the full house last week,I cannot see a repetition occurring this week with at least 5 games that can go either way.

I reckon there is only one game that is a sure thing

essendon v hawks

Gold coast could break their 8 loss run against Richmond

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Cloke has been dropped for the Pies.

Barring catastrophic injures, one would think he's played his last game at Collingwood.

Just on the news he has been cut/axed won't play for the pies again

If that is the case...This article was bad timing, written today

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/neil-balme-talks-cloke-s-future-mcguane#17HYK4rZzoFk9RQy.97

At the moment there is no reason to suggest that Collingwood veteran Travis Cloke will be anywhere else but at the Magpies next season, according to Neil Balme.

The director of football at the club insists that the 29-year-old will not be departing at the end of this season despite being dropped to the VFL for the second time.

Cloke is in the second last year of a very lucrative contract that is believed to drop considerably in the final term which could make it easier for a move to eventuate.

“Of course he has (a future at Collingwood) it’s June the 10th we’ve got half the season to play,” said Balme on SEN radio.

“Both he is committed to us and we’re committed to him next year.

“You know better than I do that players pick themselves, the selectors don’t pick players.

“As any club would with one of the blokes that has been around for a long time, he’s out of form, we’re working absolutely every day helping him.

“He’s trying to do the best he can and we’re helping him to get back to the form we need him to be in and when he’s in that form he’ll play AFL footy.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/neil-balme-talks-cloke-s-future-mcguane#wkiA82AW0hMlQtMZ.99

Barring catastrophic injures, one would think he's played his last game at Collingwood.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/neil-balme-talks-cloke-s-future-mcguane#17HYK4rZzoFk9RQy.97

At the moment there is no reason to suggest that Collingwood veteran Travis Cloke will be anywhere else but at the Magpies next season, according to Neil Balme.

The director of football at the club insists that the 29-year-old will not be departing at the end of this season despite being dropped to the VFL for the second time.

Cloke is in the second last year of a very lucrative contract that is believed to drop considerably in the final term which could make it easier for a move to eventuate.

“Of course he has (a future at Collingwood) it’s June the 10th we’ve got half the season to play,” said Balme on SEN radio.

“Both he is committed to us and we’re committed to him next year.

“You know better than I do that players pick themselves, the selectors don’t pick players.

“As any club would with one of the blokes that has been around for a long time, he’s out of form, we’re working absolutely every day helping him.

“He’s trying to do the best he can and we’re helping him to get back to the form we need him to be in and when he’s in that form he’ll play AFL footy.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/neil-balme-talks-cloke-s-future-mcguane#wkiA82AW0hMlQtMZ.99

Cloke's a hard one.

I reckon Collingwood would want to trade him but I'm not sure who would be willing to pay his current salary of $500 000.

No clubs would want to pay half a million on a guy whose playing in the Magoo's.

Maybe a fit for Richmond or Hawthorn?

Not sure if Freo would be interested now as they offered him a truck load of cash 4 years ago when he was out of contract

and he knocked them back.

Probably wouldn't fit Freo now anyway seeing as they're in rebuild mode.

Of course he has (a future at Collingwood) its June the 10th weve got half the season to play, said Balme on SEN radio.

Both he is committed to us and were committed to him next year.

You know better than I do that players pick themselves, the selectors dont pick players.

As any club would with one of the blokes that has been around for a long time, hes out of form, were working absolutely every day helping him.

Hes trying to do the best he can and were helping him to get back to the form we need him to be in and when hes in that form hell play AFL footy.

Cloke's a hard one.

I reckon Collingwood would want to trade him but I'm not sure who would be willing to pay his current salary of $500 000.

No clubs would want to pay half a million on a guy whose playing in the Magoo's.

Maybe a fit for Richmond or Hawthorn?

Not sure if Freo would be interested now as they offered him a truck load of cash 4 years ago when he was out of contract

and he knocked them back.

Probably wouldn't fit Freo now anyway seeing as they're in rebuild mode.

saints don't need him as Nick Riewoldt has just resigned and will play on in 2017 and beyond. If anyone wants McCartin we will drop him off and throw in freeman as well. Two years in the the team and still not cutting it.
  • Like 1

We dont need Cloke Mr Bookman, we have his twin in Dawes.....at least Cloke can get out on the ground most weeks i forget what Dawes looks like....but gees he was good last week...hehehe.

Do you want McCartin, going free and we will also throw a game so you can break that 14-0 losing streak against the saints.
  • Like 1

We dont need Cloke Mr Bookman, we have his twin in Dawes.....at least Cloke can get out on the ground most weeks i forget what Dawes looks like....but gees he was good last week...hehehe.

Do you want McCartin, going free and we will also throw a game so you can break that 14-0 losing streak against the saints.

No thanks Chooks we have a few passengers too, Dawes is one of them, and he would be on triple what McCartin's on, that loosing streak of ours is good moral for that ordinary team of yours last time i looked we where higher up the ladder....

Fantasy half time update...

Grand Final reply is on, Delightful against Grant, Grant holding a commanding lead at half time and should get through but to give some hope Delightful's big guns yet to play it will come down to how good the Dees can crush if at all the Pies on Monday, thats what won me the GF can it be done again?

On Bloodbath weekend, RIP and the upstart kid from the west JOBLOW 5 points in it anyones game.

Leonine against Chooks, Chooks way out in front doubled the score thanks to a Dangerfield explosion last night, North couldn't wouldn't double tags the man, every goal of the 3rd quarter came from that man.

FJ against Heenz holding a good lead at half time but will get run over, to think how good he would have been if he was here...

• Like 1

Fantasy half time update...

Grand Final reply is on, Delightful against Grant, Grant holding a commanding lead at half time and should get through but to give some hope Delightful's big guns yet to play it will come down to how good the Dees can crush if at all the Pies on Monday, thats what won me the GF can it be done again?

On Bloodbath weekend, RIP and the upstart kid from the west JOBLOW 5 points in it anyones game.

Leonine against Chooks, Chooks way out in front doubled the score thanks to a Dangerfield explosion last night, North couldn't wouldn't double tags the man, every goal of the 3rd quarter came from that man.

FJ against Heenz holding a good lead at half time but will get run over, to think how good he would have been if he was here...

Yes 1367 points, 374 earned from the danger. 1 player didn't play so hope my emergency performs. 10 players yet to player, the likes of franklin, Parker, Cameron, Petracca, Pendlebury to name a few. Should smash the 2,000 point barrier this week and jump into the 8 with a huge percentage

Well guys we have reached the mid season mark, the next few weeks will show us who's in business and who's not, I've always thought the Cats are the team to beat though they haven't been convincing so far though last night may very well be the turning point for there campaign after all we have just entered the business end of the season, North, feel sorry for FJ no stars and no one to counter a half decent play maker.

Hawks just hovering, can scare anybody and on there day beat you right up but I suspect the hunger isn't there this year, Eagles still got time as do a few others.

Cats went after this years flag at last years trade week, only team that could stop them are the Swans.

• Like 2

GWS stopped the Swans today.

Next week I will pick my tips and then change to the opposing side.

Glass half full..

Most exciting round of Fantasy for me this season.

RIP SWANS v joboss d..

Rip = 1798

Joboss = 1506

Rip leads by 292

Rip has only one player to play , Josh Smith for Collingwood

Joboss has 4 players to star including Scott Pendlebury as captain.

Lovely diversion to take me away from some unfortunate tipping.

• Like 2