Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Rodney Eade is a knob spank, he could have told the media to focus on the great effort the Suns put into the game.

After all, it was a football game.

But, now Aaron Hall will be under pressure by the race card wavers to respond to what... ?

More important, The question should be asked,, When did yellow/gold become pink??

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

Not a bad win.

The Nunawading Lions crashed back to earth in a big way on Saturday

As reported last week, it was looking like the Lions form was improving, only losing by 174-points to Coldstream in Round 10.

However, their biggest obstacle yet came on Saturday in the form of the undefeated, ladder leading Eagles of Ferntree Gully.

The Eagles did not show ANY MERCY as they piled on 50-goals and 14-behinds without conceding a single point. Not even a rushed behind.

If you cant be stuffed doing the maths that is a 314-point victory.

Itll be back to the drawing board for Nunawading this week as they prepare to face the Glen Waverley Hawks.

The Ferntree Gully boys were pretty up and about after the win. Well done fellas!

post-250579-0-92517400-1467071686_thumb.

• Like 2

Derm talks Jack Steven, player loans and Pearce Hanley.

Dermott Brereton believes St. Kilda midfielder Jack Steven could be an outside chance of a shock Brownlow Medal this year, and has also proposed the introduction of a player loan system to the AFL and shared his thoughts on Pearce Hanley.

The former Hawthorn forward says that Stevens fantastic season could see the ball magnet pick up plenty of votes despite St. Kilda only having won six games so far in season 2016.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/derm-talks-jack-steven-player-loans-and-pearce-hanley#7vUJM05mPYDzL2Zo.99

post-250579-0-88559900-1467081309_thumb.

Player Loans, another round ball game initiative, everyone does it better.....but instead AFL supremo invites the coaches for a dinner at what looked like his Toooooooorak home....

No 4 and 20's on the menu tonight fellas, or deeply charred snaggs, i suspect Quail in lemon sauce as entree ....mouth is watering shall leave it there....how how a humble game has evolved well at least at the dinner table...enjoy...

Player Loans, another round ball game initiative, everyone does it better.....but instead AFL supremo invites the coaches for a dinner at what looked like his Toooooooorak home....

No 4 and 20's on the menu tonight fellas, or deeply charred snaggs, i suspect Quail in lemon sauce as entree ....mouth is watering shall leave it there....how how a humble game has evolved well at least at the dinner table...enjoy...

soccer is a boring disgusting unskilled, non contact game played by precious feminine men who cry and pretend to be hurt if thier shoes get dirty. It's not even a sport, it's a lullaby to put people to sleep.
  • Like 1

soccer is a boring disgusting unskilled, non contact game played by precious feminine men who cry and pretend to be hurt if thier shoes get dirty. It's not even a sport, it's a lullaby to put people to sleep.

The enlightened one has spoken, forget that 90% of the planet love it, but hey they dont serve the meat pie at Old Trafford so there for there all shelias, lets all get down to Toooooooooork and join the coaches, mind you we live in the arse end of the world and no one takes any notice us including out game...but wait...a golden statue of Saint Nick goes out to any Saints supporter tonight if they can gate crash the party....

Edited by AlexRRR

Your summary of soccer is spot on. ..

Your summary of soccer is spot on. ..

I didn't start this soccer talk tonight but i take you to task over .....its a non contact sport, there is contact and plenty of it, in fact Australia is regarded as one of the most physical teams in the world especially in Asia.

Ive already stated Hawks under Jeans introduced soccer style tactics that are still in use to day, chipping that ball around and holding possession, of course if you dont watch it you wouldn't know....The AFL have a lot to learn from other codes were babes in the woods and i'll leave it there.

I didn't start this soccer talk tonight but i take you to task over .....its a non contact sport, there is contact and plenty of it, in fact Australia is regarded as one of the most physical teams in the world especially in Asia.

Ive already stated Hawks under Jeans introduced soccer style tactics that are still in use to day, chipping that ball around and holding possession, of course if you dont watch it you wouldn't know....The AFL have a lot to learn from other codes were babes in the woods and i'll leave it there.

No Alex... As usual you brought soccer into the conversation... Nobody gives a about it in this thread as we've pointed out numerous times...

Compared to other football codes, in terms of contact, soccer is the weakest of the lot - netball is probably more of a contact sport in terms of physicality.

Australia's considered the most physical side in Asia for obvious reasons but in terms of speaking globally their one of if not the most physical due to the other football codes being so physical. The Kiwis are no different.

So let's just stick to AFL yeah...

P

We all know Alexrrr loves a good conversation about balls.

AS u say though Khun GS, this thread is for the AFL shaped balls

There was a thread started up for the A-League...but not sure anyone has posted for a year or so. There are other threads for the round ball game here on TVF.

Chimps is peering over my shoulder as I type and he says that if anyone wants to talk about Balls in general they can message him....oh...wait a sec...Now he is telling me that they can message him Pics of balls and he will take it from there

• Like 1

P

We all know Alexrrr loves a good conversation about balls.

AS u say though Khun GS, this thread is for the AFL shaped balls

There was a thread started up for the A-League...but not sure anyone has posted for a year or so. There are other threads for the round ball game here on TVF.

Chimps is peering over my shoulder as I type and he says that if anyone wants to talk about Balls in general they can message him....oh...wait a sec...Now he is telling me that they can message him Pics of balls and he will take it from there

" Chimps is peeing over my shoulder as I type and he says that if anyone wants to talk about Balls in general they can message "

Surely this is a typo and should read massage. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I guess this can happen when you sign an unproven 18 year old for a million a year for 7 years.

Not bad coin for running around in the magoo''s.

I bet the Bulldogs wish they had their time again.

Dogs suspend Boyd, Cordy after drunken stoush

WESTERN Bulldogs pair Tom Boyd and Zaine Cordy have been suspended indefinitely by the club after a drunken altercation.

The incident occurred in recent weeks and will see Boyd, but not Cordy, undergo counselling and make a contribution of time and

money to a not for profit organisation focused on the prevention of social violence.

The club has also fined the pair $5000 each and will not consider them for selection until it 'deems it appropriate for both to return'.

• Like 2

I guess this can happen when you sign an unproven 18 year old for a million a year for 7 years.

WESTERN Bulldogs pair Tom Boyd and Zaine Cordy have been suspended indefinitely by the club after a drunken altercation.

The incident occurred in recent weeks and will see Boyd, but not Cordy, undergo counselling and make a contribution of time and

money to a not for profit organisation focused on the prevention of social violence.

The club has also fined the pair $5000 each and will not consider them for selection until it 'deems it appropriate for both to return'.

Couldn't have been too hard to suspend two players who can't make the firsts team...

What a waste of money Boyd has been...$1 million...and people criticize Lance Buddy Billions Franklin...

I know who i reckon is worth an easy million out of those two

• Like 1

Couldn't have been too hard to suspend two players who can't make the firsts team...

What a waste of money Boyd has been...$1 million...and people criticize Lance Buddy Billions Franklin...

It makes you wonder doesn't it? Still Hogan has next season to go, i still dout he would be worth much more than 600,000 a season and in my mind that would be top dollar at his stage and still would have to inprove 20% next year, unless Boyd and Hogans new contract have clauses and I'm sure there would be i certainly would be scratching my head.

It makes you wonder doesn't it? Still Hogan has next season to go, i still dout he would be worth much more than 600,000 a season and in my mind that would be top dollar at his stage and still would have to inprove 20% next year, unless Boyd and Hogans new contract have clauses and I'm sure there would be i certainly would be scratching my head.

I reckon Hogan would get offers of $900 000 plus.

Not saying he's worth it yet, but that's what a key forward whose only 21 would get.

Forwards and ruckmen always get paid overs. Look at Travis Cloke for example.

I'm sure Freo would offer him a million a year.

• Like 1

FJ should be happy this morning its reported in the small big paper that Wayne Carey and Anthony Stevens have after 14 years put behind there painful past shook hands and agreed to put the club first.

In the same Article Denise Pagan and Norths football boss Geoff Walsh who fell out bitterly over Pagan's departure caught up for lunch after 13 years and will attend events f the 1996 premiership and hall of fame.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-north-melbourne-kangaroos-wayne-carey-and-anthony-stevens-bury-hatchet-20160630-gpvuuy.html

Meanwhile Daniel Chick back in the good books at Eagles landing.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/prodigal-eagle-chick-holds-2006-premiership-cup-again-at-west-coast-reunion-20160630-gpvwvs.html

Meanwhile the AFL buy into Ben Cousins illness with a promise to do whatever they can, well thats great but there got a battle on there hands, you have to have a brain and a desire to kick it, you would think he could i mean if you can train hard for years and play at the top having the mental desire to achieve should be automatic, the guy obviously does not travel well without a strict structure in place that dictates his life, hopping for the best.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/afl-will-help-exeagle-ben-cousins-mclachlan-20160630-gpvg9f.html

Jack Grimes the missing man and once was going to be king has been selected for the Dee's not appeared in a game this season could sneak into the line up with 2 positions up for grabs, wont be easy unless theres a late withdrawal as I'm pretty sure Viv Michie and Jeff Garlett will get the nod before Jack.

Bulldogs make 5 changes only one forced and traveling to the harbour city, in the past i would have said there into a hiding to none but these days Luke Beverage has been a giant among men so i would expect a gritty performance from the Dogs.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Tigers v Port; Thought it was a good game of footy, fast, tough, open and good umpiring.

I reckon some of the players must have been watching the UEFA Euro and decided to show off the superior Aussie Rules skill set.

Looking forward to Doggies v Swans game. I would like to tip the Dogs as I have not a lot to lose..

Your easily pleased mr joboss....i turned it off near the end of the second half, playing solitaire on my pc was more intresting.

Haha! Well the Saints getting a flogging should cheer you up.

Can be 99% sure the Chooks has picked them as well as most of us so you won't be losing a tip there.

• Like 1