Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 hours ago, BookMan said:

If having to read the lyrics isnt painful enough..

The actual song is AWFUL.  

I have a new version and several of that song...by Daryl......he has an internet show called "live at daryl's house" easy to get on utube....i think he's the best modern soul singer around and i love that song kid....by the way in the show he teams up with guest performers from =way back to some of the up and comers, revisting earlier works of his as well as doing some covers as well as songs by the invited artist live on the net and recored and up loaded for your enjoyment kid....

WILL as stated yesterday Harvey will bow out of AFL footy....and Del Santo looking elsewhere it throws building plans of a new Centrelink office at Eagles training base into disarray.....

Trade talk merry go round is spinning half a million a season for Vikery to become a Hawk Tigers unlikely to match so will walk...Brett Deledio is a wanted man....Cats purring his way....were is all this money coming from? Meanwhile Tigers seeking to pick up Toby from the Swans....

Its not going away.....Crows are dead keen on the Blues Bryce Gibbs....contract or no contract...

Eithad studium has been brought by the AFL for 200 million big ones 9 years early....tenant clubs are ever so grateful......the hand over will be within weeks...That scuttles the plan of Mayor Doyle and Eddie everywhere....if you recall Doyle claimed the studium was blocking the view to the bay from million dollar penthouses in West Melbourne and wanted it relocated....thats why he didn't last long as state lib leader something to do with being an idiot ......the rolling baloon is well known in Melbourne for his much younger ex model wife....she cuts a fine figure on any carpet while hubby just rolls down it....

Pendlebury wins Copeland for the 5th time and 4th on the trott.....bring him leave with one Len Thompson....now I'm old enough to recall and seeing big Len...he must have been blackmailing people at Magpie land because i could never understand how anyone thought he was any better than average....Buck's thanks a no show Cloke.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I can picture it now.

Next year, the Dee's finish 8th.

They travel to Freo and win the first final by a kick.

They then travel to Spotless to beat GWS in a close one.

Back to Perth where they beat West coast by a few points.

They end up playing Sydney, who finished on top by 4 games after winning all of their home and away games.

Melbourne kick a goal after the siren to win the game by a point from a dodgy 50 meter free.

Free kick tally for the games was 30 - 10 in favour of Melbourne.

Jack Watts wins the Norm Smith and Goodwin gives his medal to Paul Roos.

Meltdown!!

Ho i like it.....theres a song called that too......well....they will be gunning for me in here  wont they...i wont have any friends ....(dont think i have any now anyway)

You really are unwell......hallucinations ....you need some time away from this form and news papers .....grab the mrs and go to Japan for a few weeks...very slow over there this time of the year....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Having trouble with my reply function.

Good news at arden street Boomer retiring as a Roo.

And Swallow to hand over the captaincy.

Just need Thomas to be traded and were in business next year:smile:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Will27 said:

If were talking Hall & Oates, hard to beat this one methinks.

I like .....Kiss is on my list...check out the show i talked about on utube daryl does a duet with Rob Thomas.....its just the best version I've ever heard.......you need to move into the 2000 WILL...your showing your age.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

I like .....Kiss is on my list...check out the show i talked about on utube daryl does a duet with Rob Thomas.....its just the best version I've ever heard.......you need to move into the 2000 WILL...your showing your age.....

I know, I'm still stuck in the seventies and eighties mate. I don't like the new stuff.

Just watched a few documentaries on the Beatles and Jeff Lynne from ELO.

Give me Fleetwood Mac, Eagles and Crowded House anytime.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I know, I'm still stuck in the seventies and eighties mate. I don't like the new stuff.

Just watched a few documentaries on the Beatles and Jeff Lynne from ELO.

Give me Fleetwood Mac, Eagles and Crowded House anytime.

OMG....do yourself a favour and go check out that show its not radical at all, you will get the older hits and not just by Hall and Oats ,Booker T, Joe Walsh even ZZ Top were on and a few more like that then you will be introduced to the newer performers like Mayer Hawthorn covering older stuff and doing some of theres, some played straight mostly rearrangements, its not in your face, the beauty of this show and why its been successful on the net for close to 9 ys now is that it hasn't got any boundaries and appeals to a large audience both new and old....

Me i like it funky with a beat thats why I'm going to Cuba and its mainly for the music, the Cubans are close to being on the cutting edge with styles ranging from Salsa to reggaton and fusion....you know I've sat in a latin club in BKK and never danced (i love latin music) i could tap my feet to it but it wasn't good enough to dance too....then again the Dj was dregging the Mexican top 40 of 1960.....Im always searching for music its like a drug....i like it new....sorry guys i dont often revist my solid gold collection though i do like it when someone like Daryl Hall freshens up his collection and re packages it like in that show......do yourself a favour and check it out....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I have a new version and several of that song...by Daryl......he has an internet show called "live at daryl's house" easy to get on utube....i think he's the best modern soul singer around and i love that song kid....by the way in the show he teams up with guest performers from =way back to some of the up and comers, revisting earlier works of his as well as doing some covers as well as songs by the invited artist live on the net and recored and up loaded for your enjoyment kid....

New...Old...
Nothing can make it better

2 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

How many Jacks can you have in one team? If you're Saint Kilda 5 is the answer...

Jack Steele from GWS has requested a trade to the Saints... Seems a bit strange, played most of the season before getting injured at the wrong time of the year and missed out on selection for the finals.

Kids these days, not getting what they want, so at the next given opportunity chuck the toys out of the cot...

Not only that, the cheeky buggers then tell the club they want to go to a certain club.

The club should just tell them, we'll get you to Melbourne but with the club who gives us the best deal.

• Like 1

He said it wasn't so.....but it is......Gibbs asks to be traded to back to SA and we assume the Crows...

Ty is now officially a Hawk 2 year deal worth 1 million...

Wells is going and looks like the Pies.....

Oh my ho my....and did trade week start today?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Let the games begin...

Word from Somchai on the sois of Bondi.. Tommy Tradebait has requested a trade...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-10-10/mitchell-requests-a-trade

I cant see Hawthorn giving up anything decent..

Sydney shod throw him back into the draft if it doesnt get something good

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, joboss said:

Ty Tickery,,

$1M for 2 seasons…

Should be able to buy a decent haircut, ? a tidy up maybe,

Wonder what number he will carry. 

Interesting Hawks and Geelong both going for name top up players again...

And again...how do they afford it??

Dont be surprised if in years to come Hawks lose their 3peat premierships due to salary cap rorting....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BookMan said:

Dont be surprised if in years to come Hawks lose their 3peat premierships due to salary cap rorting....

I guess it's a bit like the Fantasy comp.:smile:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BookMan said:

Probably the same way the swans afforded buddy and tippet.  Anyway still no takers for McCartin.

• Like 2

Cats and Hawks figuring prominently once again with the Pies right behind them......BUT ......they forgot Western Bulldogs won the flag this year who have spent a lot less going after some gun players....

Id love it if some no one team took the flag again next season just to prove the point that toping up with your Dangerfirlds and Franklins just send your broke not wins you flags...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Cats and Hawks figuring prominently once again with the Pies right behind them......BUT ......they forgot Western Bulldogs won the flag this year who have spent a lot less going after some gun players....

Id love it if some no one team took the flag again next season just to prove the point that toping up with your Dangerfirlds and Franklins just send your broke not wins you flags...

I’d love to see the Dees and the Dons figure prominent on the 2017 ladder.

• Like 1

Not sure if there's been any ROI on Danger but I'd say the early indicators for Geelong are positive, Sydney certainly has it's ROI from Buddy. Climbing membership numbers, balance sheet in the black, Eddie still whinging about academies & the CoLA.

Pretty safe to say the Swans aren't going broke on the back of Buddy.

• Like 1

Essendon Swiss Court appeal fails, AFL to make decision on Jobe Watson Brownlow Medal.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-swiss-court-appeal-fails-20161011-gs021n.html

The Swiss appeal by the drugged up Essendon players has failed. Apparently claiming no knowledge of what was being injected into them is not a defence.

• Like 1