Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Clarko in trouble againtongue.png

Sacked from Top Gear and he still hasn't stopped slapping people... facepalm.gif

The drunken idiot has made a report to police and Clarkson will be investigated for assault. 5 minutes of fame and can't see anything comming from it
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the <deleted> that harassed Clarkson knew he was deliberately making a confrontation video for utube.

His choice of Clarkson as a target will get him many extra hits as Clarko will be consconfused with Jermie Clarson on google searches.

I am sure this knobspanker is receiving queries from media and talking prices.

Sad to see our sporting heros being abused.

The drunken idiot has made a report to police and Clarkson will be investigated for assault. 5 minutes of fame and can't see anything comming from it

It was an all out media spin push by Clarko today.

He should have the guy charged with harrassment

• Like 2

I didn't miss anything, don't watch dribble like that, media fury to get hmmmmm bored humans to turn up tune in and in between dribble try and sell you something we don't need....

Ho, have I ranted what a barren waste land television is? I prefer to read the paper then I can screen what is being force fed me, well the age isn't that independent anymore, really hard to get real unbiased reporting of anything these days, have you noticed how we are an other state of the USA?

I normally turn down the sound when I watch a Tinker League game really wish some of those commentators would gargle with a mouth wash before going on air.

Clarkson now Judge getting picked on its time the offending public got deported to Syria or Nepal for a month....ho I've stood next to Malthouse....no one would be game to pick on him...that coooooooooold stare of his.

Colin Sylvia is to retire from the AFL, with the 29-year-old and the Fremantle Dockers agreeing that he depart the club immediately.

Sylvia, who was recruited by Fremantle as an unrestricted free agent in 2013, played 163 AFL games including six games for Fremantle in 2014 and 157 games for Melbourne following his debut for the Demons in 2004.

In February this year, Fremantle sent Sylvia to train with its WAFL partner club Peel Thunder after it was determined he was not meeting the physical requirements for AFL football.

At the time, general manager of football operations Chris Bond said training and playing with Peel would provide Sylvia with the opportunity to “focus on getting himself back to the level required to play in the AFL”.

A minor calf strain forced Sylvia to withdraw from Peel’s season-opening game against West Perth in round two of the WAFL season.

He played in Peel’s following three games but left the field before half-time in the round five game against East Perth after being concussed.

Bond said today it was always a difficult decision for any player to confront the prospect of retirement.

“Colin has been working through a number of issues, including whether he was able to achieve and sustain the physical requirements needed to train and play at the elite level,”

“It is never an easy decision but, after discussions between Colin, his management and the club, it was agreed that his long-term interests would be best served by retiring from the AFL.

“The club, Colin and his management agreed that he leave Fremantle immediately.”

Sylvia said: “I would like to thank the Fremantle Football Club for the opportunity I was given to continue my AFL career after leaving Melbourne. While I have really enjoyed my time here, things haven’t gone entirely to plan in a football sense and I look forward to focusing on the next phase of my life.”

• Like 1

Colin Sylvia is to retire from the AFL, with the 29-year-old and the Fremantle Dockers agreeing that he depart the club immediately.

Sylvia, who was recruited by Fremantle as an unrestricted free agent in 2013, played 163 AFL games including six games for Fremantle in 2014 and 157 games for Melbourne following his debut for the Demons in 2004.

In February this year, Fremantle sent Sylvia to train with its WAFL partner club Peel Thunder after it was determined he was not meeting the physical requirements for AFL football.

At the time, general manager of football operations Chris Bond said training and playing with Peel would provide Sylvia with the opportunity to “focus on getting himself back to the level required to play in the AFL”.

A minor calf strain forced Sylvia to withdraw from Peel’s season-opening game against West Perth in round two of the WAFL season.

He played in Peel’s following three games but left the field before half-time in the round five game against East Perth after being concussed.

Bond said today it was always a difficult decision for any player to confront the prospect of retirement.

“Colin has been working through a number of issues, including whether he was able to achieve and sustain the physical requirements needed to train and play at the elite level,”

“It is never an easy decision but, after discussions between Colin, his management and the club, it was agreed that his long-term interests would be best served by retiring from the AFL.

“The club, Colin and his management agreed that he leave Fremantle immediately.”

Sylvia said: “I would like to thank the Fremantle Football Club for the opportunity I was given to continue my AFL career after leaving Melbourne. While I have really enjoyed my time here, things haven’t gone entirely to plan in a football sense and I look forward to focusing on the next phase of my life.”

I just want to know what Sylvia's Mother has to saytongue.png

You will have to ask Dr Hook about that.

https://youtu.be/A5ECdAQiru0

Some comments from the web site :

Well played / trained Colin.US now give our Money Back

About time !!

Sorry,didn't see the Joboss reply.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

The Joy of Losing

Maybe I should stop following the Lions, or any team for that matter.

On Sunday I went to the first of the three day-games my membership allows me. The Lions were playing the Eagles.

I expected the Lions to be soundly defeated by the Eagles and my expectations were met. Had I any hope the boys would be competitive that hope would have been dashed within the first 15 minutes. So the obvious becoming obvious early I just settled back and relaxed, just to see what would unfold.

What unfolded, as the Eagles consistently left the young Lions in their wake, and the Lions miskicked, dropped marks, handballed to the opposition, overran the ball and so on, was that I enjoyed a stress-free afternoon in a comfortable and well-placed seat just watching the footy with little emotional involvement in the game. It was not a classy spectacle, though to the Eagles' credit they played a nice brand of fairly unsullied football unencumbered by a pressing opposition.

Some fans, on leaving the ground after their team has put in a poor performance, are visibly and audibly angry. They expected better. Lions fans now, however, perhaps also conscious of the youthfulness of their team and the burden of injuries, seem quite relaxed about it. Like me they've given up expecting anything more. Hopefully, the boys themselves don't feel the same way and will start to compete before the season ends, but it's hard to see that happening for quite a while.

So, for me on Sunday watching a fumbling, muddle-headed bunch of losers shown the way by a middle-ranking team turned out to be a pleasant afternoon. Perhaps I can now understand the loyalty shown by fans of perennially unsuccessful clubs in the AFL. Their expectations are just so much lower.

PS. I still believe strongly that Justin Leppitsch is the right man to turn them round.

PPS. Next week's "Q-clash" between Brisbane and the Gold Coast is being labelled "Q-trash" here. Sad. There's probably more criticism directed at the Suns than the Lions, as more was expected of the former. It's argued that Suns players have been too cosseted in their development years and are not prepared to challenge themselves or their team mates to perform better.

• Like 2

Suns face a new style so early set backs expected though I did expect them to show up at the games there been playing in, history shows that Eade knows how to coach so it's got to be something else, as for The Lions I'm happy your confident in your coach but young teams need experienced hands I don't like the trend of awarding contracts to first timers in general, I mean with experience senior coaches get better too seem to few get that opportunity once the guillotine comes down.

And yeah I know how you felt last Sunday, I can relate to that feeling but I assure you I never had low expectations just a realist, with 18 clubs and only one winner everything has gotten a lot harder more clubs are going to have to be saved from themselves.

• Like 1

The Joy of Losing

Maybe I should stop following the Lions, or any team for that matter.

On Sunday I went to the first of the three day-games my membership allows me. The Lions were playing the Eagles.

I expected the Lions to be soundly defeated by the Eagles and my expectations were met. Had I any hope the boys would be competitive that hope would have been dashed within the first 15 minutes. So the obvious becoming obvious early I just settled back and relaxed, just to see what would unfold.

What unfolded, as the Eagles consistently left the young Lions in their wake, and the Lions miskicked, dropped marks, handballed to the opposition, overran the ball and so on, was that I enjoyed a stress-free afternoon in a comfortable and well-placed seat just watching the footy with little emotional involvement in the game. It was not a classy spectacle, though to the Eagles' credit they played a nice brand of fairly unsullied football unencumbered by a pressing opposition.

Some fans, on leaving the ground after their team has put in a poor performance, are visibly and audibly angry. They expected better. Lions fans now, however, perhaps also conscious of the youthfulness of their team and the burden of injuries, seem quite relaxed about it. Like me they've given up expecting anything more. Hopefully, the boys themselves don't feel the same way and will start to compete before the season ends, but it's hard to see that happening for quite a while.

So, for me on Sunday watching a fumbling, muddle-headed bunch of losers shown the way by a middle-ranking team turned out to be a pleasant afternoon. Perhaps I can now understand the loyalty shown by fans of perennially unsuccessful clubs in the AFL. Their expectations are just so much lower.

PS. I still believe strongly that Justin Leppitsch is the right man to turn them round.

PPS. Next week's "Q-clash" between Brisbane and the Gold Coast is being labelled "Q-trash" here. Sad. There's probably more criticism directed at the Suns than the Lions, as more was expected of the former. It's argued that Suns players have been too cosseted in their development years and are not prepared to challenge themselves or their team mates to perform better.

Nice post Xang

Khun Will27 favorite trade bait has got the call up this week against the Doggies... Welcome back Tommy wink.png

I'll be keeping an eye on our boy Mr Smith.

I've heard he's lacks a yard but can find the prune.

What do the Sydney boys think?

Sitting in a posh bar in thong lo bkk with older Thai guy to my right with his Kik or git or young mistress what ever they call them here all over each other like a rash, couple of japs to my left and ever at tentative staff 3 pints in me trying to trade in fantasy.... Big fingers small screen and I dam hit the wrong guy... But I got a feeling... Must be the booze talking, lovely miss went home to mum and I'm out on the town on my own.... Ho I know the cat will play footy while mouse is away[emoji447]