Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 1/25/2017 at 1:30 PM, Will27 said:

Twenty years younger would have loved the job.

Skeeta was the most recent mascot, [don't ask me about the name nfi, but i do know that the mascot before that was also one of the RCH's clowns. Indeed that was his 'main' job. ] I can think of worse things to do.

This position was advertised 24 months ago so another latent supplement victim.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 1:30 PM, Will27 said:

I heard Ben Cousins got the job

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's back: AFL Fantasy kicks off for season 2017

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-24/its-back-afl-fantasy-kicks-off-for-season-2017

I have set up a league, same name as previous years "THAILAND MOB".  The invitation code is below.  At this point the league size is 8 and you play each other twice and get the bye rounds off.  This will prevent the AFL filling up the league.  It is also a private league.  If not filled I will reduce it back or vice versa increase it.  Kicks off in ROUND 2.

YOUR LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: FVUTSSLN

My team is in.  Rips Swans

• Like 2

5 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Thanks Chooks for setting it up.:thumbsup:

You have around 60 days to set up and tweak your team.  Also gives others plenty of time to jump on board and confirm before I lock down.

Edited by Thechook
  • Like 1

It's back: AFL Fantasy kicks off for season 2017

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-24/its-back-afl-fantasy-kicks-off-for-season-2017

I have set up a league, same name as previous years "THAILAND MOB".  The invitation code is below.  At this point the league size is 8 and you play each other twice and get the bye rounds off.  This will prevent the AFL filling up the league.  It is also a private league.  If not filled I will reduce it back or vice versa increase it.  Kicks off in ROUND 2.

YOUR LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: FVUTSSLN

Thanks mr CHOOKS i hope to not come last this year, and may change the the name from delightful to something more menacing, were taking it one day at a time down here in Dee land, since im stuck in BKK with soooooo much time on my hand im bound to screw up but hey.....which reminds me since no TV member won the flag last season that means im the only TV member to win the fantasy grand final so wow....it gives me another year of bragging rights.....

I like that......and I will rub it in right up to the GF.....
  • Like 1

Well, I sincerely hope that you do make it to the fantasy finals this 2017 season.

Thanks jo....: your the man to beat.... can't see me going far this season..... but hey we're taking it one day at a time..... game by game.....still I'm the ONLY winner in here so I shall keep on savouring.... here we go here we goooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

Murphy at the kennel shall remain top dog says the little big paper this morning 4 hrs behind i normaly read it .....O'Mera wont need to play preseason games says the Hawks to be ready for round 1....well they think highly of him or is. It that they in deep need of a few mids after losing in the balls up of the 2000's Mitch and Lew....

The human hair mop Filth, Fyth what ever is reportedly moving forward, son of a gun is expected to spend time forward in lew of no god dam forwards at the sunk Dockers...Mr multi million dollar bald as a badger one Mr G Ablett wh o has his very posh address on the market up there on the GC is also reportedly going to be spending a lot of time in the forward line....well now over the 30 mark and injuries taking game time off the once magnet kinda makes sense as there likely to prolong a once magical career, cleaver and talented may bag over the 50 mark this season...fantasy players take note....and of course can be thrown on the ball every now and then for some run and carry....

In the womens league the Doggies are expected to match the boys in taking the very first flag with Freo....yes you read right as the Swans of the season....Ms Daisy Deelightful captain is expected to be B&F she is seen as the top player in that comp....no dout as she looks like a man.....

• Like 1

Hello every one, I have retired and now living in Thailand. I therefore have more time on my hands and would like to join the fantasy thing but I have not got a clue what it is about. Can someone point me to where I can find out please.
I note the mention of the AFL through Telstra which I assume will give you each match. You can get access to the televised matches if you have VPN Software but you need to be careful what one you hook up with especially if you are using a Windows Machine. I have gone totally Apple which does protect a little more than Windows.
Looking forward to a good 2017 season and who knows maybe the dockers may be there for the whole season as well

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Happy days, Watchafl all signed and sealed for the season ,might even watch the ladies (well, some are bound to be ladies)later in the day.
To make things better I even got rid of that irritating Adblock pop-up ,was lucky to read the how to post before it was removed.

48 minutes ago, optad said:

I am up for weekly tipping. So will have a crack when that gets going. Does someone organise that or does it sorts itself out intra thread?

~

I thought also i would float a Forecast competition. I ran it past Bookman a week or so ago as it is a different concept for this thread. Works really well and is an interesting corollary to your weekly tipping. From past experience it is often the case that the that this longer range tipping does better than your weekly tips!! 

Essentially,  in the Forecast comp you fill in all 23 round tips prior to the first game and it is done. I will tabulate them weekly with  running scorecard hopefully on a Monday. 

All you need to do is download the excel sheet below, click your selected picks in column 'E',  save it with your TV name included in the file name and PM it back to me. 

I have a prize selected and will offer it up  if there is enough interest. See what you think!

AFL football forcast 2017.xlsx

I believe Will is our tipping man.  Its done through the AFL tipping.  I normally do the fantasy side so get on board.  Bookman beds down with chimpy in the off season.  Alex well he is Alex and still smarting after winning the fantasy after I went through undeafeated all year to loose to him by 8 points

Edited by Thechook
  • Like 2

Just now, Thechook said:

I believe Will is our tipping man.  Its done through the AFL tipping.  I normally do the fantasy side so get on board

I am signed up on the fantasy thing although unsure how it works just yet. Bangkok Bombers of course. 

Good to know about Will's role in for weekly tips. There is thankless work in that job!! Good on you Will but you do have my thanks anyhow.. 

The Forecast thing above is separate, ie selected before round one and then updated as the season progresses, so keep it in mind guys.

Bring on round one!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Thechook said:

I believe Will is our tipping man.  Its done through the AFL tipping.  I normally do the fantasy side so get on board.  Bookman beds down with chimpy in the off season.  Alex well he is Alex and still smarting after winning the fantasy after I went through undeafeated all year to loose to him by 8 points

Alex, ah now i understand. Can't be done two years in a row, mate!

And this year with the Dees offering promise, it will be your undoing. 

[I think i might talking vicariously as i know I overrate the bombers. Plenty of scope and rope for me to hang myself which no doubt,  i will shamelessly do!! ]

Edited by optad
  • Like 2

The girls!!

Okay, not going to irritate old croc, chook or anyone else [even me] but it was an interesting weekend re football beginning with the chicky babes. My house is very close to princess park and was caught off guard by the traffic friday night. The crowd around PP was immense and good to see from a local pov as that facility can look lonely at times, and sad on a beautiful melbourne street [25000 at that game!!]. So point being, great to see football getting crowds back to suburban grounds and dissing that pathetic ODI rubbish from the summer months.

The game itself. I think there were three, maybe four across the country. I saw bits and bobs of two games and recall the "novelty" sledge some pages back here. Granted, it still may prove be so over time although i doubt it as the chicks had a real crack and the reaction has been phenomenal. Blonde locks diving in, some good breast 'n shoulders and too many pony tails losing their rubbers in the fray as you would hope but entertaining enough for this time and place. 

I hope they do not try to explode it too soon, although they probably will. Problem with the fairer sex and an idea are their immediate expectations. Keep the number of games small and local at venues and money down. Great to see the local venues getting people through the turnstiles again for no cost! Western oval looked a picture in a summer sunset. This gives grass roots some meaning from our corporate overseer, the AFL. Not enough support for grassroots activities in my pov nor at Northcote FC. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Thechook said:

BookMan and his offsider ran the tipping last year after taking over the job from the ripstanley.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, Old Croc said:

I'm not interested in fantasies, but will have a go at the tipping again.

Can we have separate threads or is that too hard?

I suggested that last year but was advised to "wait and see" how many posts on the fantasy were being posted.

It wasn't too many TBH but I've a feeling it's going to get bigger again this year so something to consider.