Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Really Dusty?

I am glad the government tightened immigration laws which allows us to get rid of undesirables.

Richmond Tigers star Dustin Martin appeals for father's return on A Current Affair

Richmond star Dustin Martin has urged the Federal Government to allow his deported father to return to Australia because "he hadn't done anything wrong"

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/richmond-tigers/richmond-tigers-star-dustin-martin-appeals-for-fathers-return-on-a-current-affair-20170220-guh8wf.html

Rumour has it that Dustin Martin will be in red, white and black in 2018.  Saints will have huge salary cap with the likes of montagna and Riewoldt retiring and 3 current 1st round picks.  Being discussed on radio this morning.

Fyth too.... Saints gonna have to change there culture fast to attract guys like that, it's not unknown how they shoot themselves in the foot and often, just go back two coaches to start with...then the sex tapes ho rape allegations and the list continues...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A little something for Alex to take to bed tonight. 

Tim Watson believes that St Kilda’s midfield doesn’t have the quality of the AFL’s best on-ball units to be able to challenge for the top eight this season, instead predicting Melbourne to be the side to make the jump up in 2017.

One of the hottest debates of the off-season has been which of the two promising sides, who finished ninth and eleventh respectively last season, is more likely to play finals football this year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/21/watson-questionable-midfield-depth-puts-saints-behind-dees-in-top-eight/

Round 1 just around the corner Saints V Also rans. Saints to make it 15 on the trot.

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Rumour has it that Dustin Martin will be in red, white and black in 2018.  Saints will have huge salary cap with the likes of montagna and Riewoldt retiring and 3 current 1st round picks.  Being discussed on radio this morning.

You do not want him chook. The saints have drafted plenty of good mid types, you have a fast side, plenty of outside ball users to cover... just do not need that element in that young group. And then there is his cap cost. Look elsewhere..

A little something for Alex to take to bed tonight. 

Tim Watson believes that St Kilda’s midfield doesn’t have the quality of the AFL’s best on-ball units to be able to challenge for the top eight this season, instead predicting Melbourne to be the side to make the jump up in 2017.

One of the hottest debates of the off-season has been which of the two promising sides, who finished ninth and eleventh respectively last season, is more likely to play finals football this year.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/21/watson-questionable-midfield-depth-puts-saints-behind-dees-in-top-eight/

Round 1 just around the corner Saints V Also rans. Saints to make it 15 on the trot.

Talking culture chooks... 1 flag to the hopeless hapless Dee's 12, says a lot, basket case 2 times in my lifetime, bet we win one before you guys.

I'm tipping the Dee's first match of the season away at the snake pit called Etihad, won't matter who wins as I think the Saints are ahead of us in development anyway for now, though we're rapidly making ground, we need an opening win more than any other club and Goodwin will deliver it...

Saints to Finnish around 5th Dee's 8 th... and we will beat you every time we play you this year... joop

You do not want him chook. The saints have drafted plenty of good mid types, you have a fast side, plenty of outside ball users to cover... just do not need that element in that young group. And then there is his cap cost. Look elsewhere..

He won't end up at the Saints neither will Fyth, Saints don't have a history off pulling big fish in and it's not going to change anytime soon...

Look to the Pies they do it all the time Hawks and Cats have spent up for the next 2 seasons, maybe the Bombers as Watson is just about ready for the retirement home, do the Saints and Dee's need him? They could use him but to be honest both clubs have the best set of up and coming mids around to buy him would hold someone else back, no not on... pies can have him

• Like 1

Hot of the press....

Jack Watts left out of the team once again that will face the Blues this week.

Goodwin has set a criteria for selection during the preseason and JW hasn't measured up..... I'm expecting a more aggressive JW this season, a very good outside type of player with clean hands precision passing the only thing he has lacked is aggression at the ball..

• Like 2

Has anyone else who subscribe to the AFL live  telecast from Fox had a problem like I have had. Two weeks ago my computer just shut down while I was watching the game. It happened about 5 times during the game. After the game was over my computer had no problems.  It has happened again tonight.  Since the game has finished the computer is okay.  If this has only been my problem I will get my computer checked and the if nothing found I will contact Fox.

10 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Has anyone else who subscribe to the AFL live  telecast from Fox had a problem like I have had. Two weeks ago my computer just shut down while I was watching the game. It happened about 5 times during the game. After the game was over my computer had no problems.  It has happened again tonight.  Since the game has finished the computer is okay.  If this has only been my problem I will get my computer checked and the if nothing found I will contact Fox.

Mate, are you using their App or going straight off the website?

Are you watching it on your Tv via HDMI or just on your computer?

I've only watched 1 game with no problems but will be watching WC today

so will advise if any problems.

If it happens again, you could try watching it on a tablet or phone to see if you're having

problems as well.

• Like 1

This isnt related to your problem its to high light that it can happen, about 3 or 4 ys ago channel 9 program directory was causing Sony TV's to shut down which looked like a malfunction...took a little while for Sony to find the culprit was Channel nine..so might be an idea to contact Fox though i dout they would have any idea there is a problem untill compliant 2002 comes in....My TV went down a few times when i spoke to Sony CS they at that point didnt have a clue, i read about 3 weeks later in the Green Guide what the issue was so dont expect them to admit too much....

Try watching on a tablet or phone and see what happens...good luck.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ripstanley said:

No problems here.

One of the most common reasons for a computer shutting down without warning is overheating. Streaming HD video can do that. Take a look inside and check your fans and vents aren't clogged with dust. 

• Like 1

Just read something intresting seems if you buy an AFL Live pass like i have and view on a tablet the actual view size will be shrunk to phone size....

Foxtel have put the squeeze on and fair enough since there paying all the money though you would think the AFL would have had the balls in the first place to factor that in at negotiation stage.....wait...how could i think that? Just another blunder by the tinker league, i dare say after this season is over i might just get Foxtel Play or what ever they call the internet based one if they can managed to get there act togther and stream in HD....

Just read something intresting seems if you buy an AFL Live pass like i have and view on a tablet the actual view size will be shrunk to phone size....

Foxtel have put the squeeze on and fair enough since there paying all the money though you would think the AFL would have had the balls in the first place to factor that in at negotiation stage.....wait...how could i think that? Just another blunder by the tinker league, i dare say after this season is over i might just get Foxtel Play or what ever they call the internet based one if they can managed to get there act togther and stream in HD....

Am i right it is 2017 right?

First they stop people Air playing to your tv now its shrunk to phone size whats next? And what of Foxtel, either via cable or internet is in SD of its cable HD is extra....they dont stream internet in HD yet but there working on it.....scratch my head....no wonder crowds are up.....

This is a screenshot from an 8" Android tablet using the watchafl app.

Screenshot_20170225-192620.png

There is a 5mm black border top and bottom which on a black tablet is not noticeable at all.

Shrunk to the size of a mobile phone screen... sure... if you have a mobile phone with a 7.5" screen...

Watch live on your computer or stream to Chromecast on your TV, in Full HD, I'm happy with that.

Tablet looks good to me when I use it.

I can't see why anybody would complain, unless the free access you can get with Telstra(?) in Australia is different to what you get with the pay version outside of Australia.

• Like 1

This is a screenshot from an 8" Android tablet using the watchafl app.

Screenshot_20170225-192620.png.5af66ec92a571e01fecc3f06930f107b.png

There is a 5mm black border top and bottom which on a black tablet is not noticeable at all.
Shrunk to the size of a mobile phone screen... sure... if you have a mobile phone with a 7.5" screen...
Watch live on your computer or stream to Chromecast on your TV, in Full HD, I'm happy with that.
Tablet looks good to me when I use it.
I can't see why anybody would complain, unless the free access you can get with Telstra(?) in Australia is different to what you get with the pay version outside of Australia.

Yes honey in Australia in AFL live it's a new ball game, watched footy on iPad last year this year looks like the phone as its going to be that size on the tablet, next year ditch the god dam lot and seek an alternative, the young fellas won't mind but the older folk with failing eyes sight well... or the old flame will have me back and I watch in Thailand....

On 2/3/2017 at 5:35 PM, optad said:

... optad rambles/

Essentially,  in the Forecast comp you fill in all 23 round tips prior to the first game and it is done. I will tabulate them weekly with  running scorecard hopefully on a Monday. 

All you need to do is download the excel sheet below, click your selected picks in column 'E',  save it with your TV name included in the file name and PM it back to me. 

I have a prize selected and will offer it up  if there is enough interest. See what you think!

AFL football forcast 2017.xlsx

Okay so this is a bump/reminder, long range tipping is open for those up for a crack.

Getting some PM's and questions. Ron has helped by being the guinea pig and ironing out process. 

Essentially, it is a 23 round forecast with weekly monday updates. Do not be surprised if this goes better than your weekly tips but once done out of the way. We might have a lot on with AFL fantasy for those in that and also weekly tipping if that happens but all good threadwise footy stuff i suppose.

Download the excel file, pick the winner in column 'E', save and rename the downloaded xlsx file with your TV handle included in the file name and PM it back to me. 

5000baht is behind the jump for winner at Bradman's Soi 23 and inaugural gloating right.

Edited by optad
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Melbourne 0.17.14 (116)  d  Greater Western Sydney Magoos.......no.........Carlton 0.9.8 (62)

Here we go here we go go gooo

carlton_recycling.jpg

Its the jlt or whst ever the call it these days Alex so dont get to excited and it was only carlton.  Will be at the saints demon game in round 1 and then in out in the sticks of Thailand for 6 weeks.  Will have to do my tips in advance and hope my fantasy team holds up for that time.

• Like 1

Its the jlt or whst ever the call it these days Alex so dont get to excited and it was only carlton.  Will be at the saints demon game in round 1 and then in out in the sticks of Thailand for 6 weeks.  Will have to do my tips in advance and hope my fantasy team holds up for that time.

Excited? Won 3 of 4 practice games including the fancied power who ended up doing nothing including the dogs gave north the biggest scare they came out of the box with 10 wins on the Trott last year then rolled GWS in the first game[emoji1317] expecting similar start Chooks and Goods will deliver...

Okay so this is a bump/reminder, long range tipping is open for those up for a crack.

Getting some PM's and questions. Ron has helped by being the guinea pig and ironing out process. 

Essentially, it is a 23 round forecast with weekly monday updates. Do not be surprised if this goes better than your weekly tips but once done out of the way. We might have a lot on with AFL fantasy for those in that and also weekly tipping if that happens but all good threadwise footy stuff i suppose.

Download the excel file, pick the winner in column 'E', save and rename the downloaded xlsx file with your TV handle included in the file name and PM it back to me. 

5000baht is behind the jump for winner at Bradman's Soi 23 and inaugural gloating right.

I'd do it BUT I'm away can't print anything out nor scan etc and you know Apple has a mind of its own so what to do? What to do...