Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On the record....Tipping the Swans tonight RIP<< OZ and who ever else tips on emotion....and why? Watts, Jones, Salem and Gartlet not to mention Hogan are not in and they are all certain starters, been able to cover a few by "playing above ourselves" for a while, the adrenalin rush of "big improvers" and new shakers of the AFL not to mention bad boys i.e. in Oliver, Lewis and Big Bad Bugg...but hey the luck will run out tonight, Swans a hardened unit and they wont be intimidated, they are not playing at there best but they do know how to win tight ones Dee's would have to find a miracle player tonight to pull it off....

The injury list over at the G is so long now it stretches all the way down to Docklands....Maxie still is a few weeks away from his best, i noticed the mids were caught out a number of times last week...after all there been crumbing to a loosing ruckman for a long while before his return....Swans by 20 points...

On the record....Tipping the Swans tonight RIP  
The injury list over at the G is so long now it stretches all the way down to Docklands....Maxie still is a few weeks away from his best, i noticed the mids were caught out a number of times last week...after all there been crumbing to a loosing ruckman for a long while before his return....Swans by 20 points...

Wow what happened to the start of my post? Is it black magic? Tampering? Even tampons?

The 30 sec countdown clock is back again, will run for the entire game now, 2 players caught this season, Afl forgot why they scraped it in the first place.....untill another nail biter or two down to the wire with running down the clock etc etc....which is fine by me as i think the defensive side of the game has been getting a hammering from the law makers since the days of Sheedy giving up professional 15 meter penaltys to stop the run run run of the mighty Blues...
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 1:10 PM, farmerjo said:

What's the scoop on your nephew Chooks.

Had to dump from my fantasy team because of uncertainty.

He has served me well and could rollback team if he's going to be a starter.

Trying to not let him get to far ahead of himself, nursing him along to keep his attitude focused 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Trying to not let him get to far ahead of himself, nursing him along to keep his attitude focused 

\

I dumped your nephew a little while back man...he is going as well as you in fantasy and thats not very well.....i will clean you up tonight Mr Chooks...have 8 starting tonight who will pretty much elevate me to super stardom and you to the dust bin of the metro station house...

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Wow what happened to the start of my post? Is it black magic? Tampering? Even tampons?

The 30 sec countdown clock is back again, will run for the entire game now, 2 players caught this season, Afl forgot why they scraped it in the first place.....untill another nail biter or two down to the wire with running down the clock etc etc....which is fine by me as i think the defensive side of the game has been getting a hammering from the law makers since the days of Sheedy giving up professional 15 meter penaltys to stop the run run run of the mighty Blues...

Well blow me down with a feather....write it on iMac check back on iPad and part of it was missing...the app playing silly buggers with me...

Well Alex, Bugg is stuffed, if that doesn't deserve 8 weeks then bend me over.  A deliberate incontestable hit.

Melbourne forward Tom Bugg has been reported for an off-the-ball incident with Callum Mills, which saw him removed from the game with concussion.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/i-reckon-thats-straight-to-the-tribunal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

My take on Bugg is i don't like him.

But i also don't like the modern rules,Mills in my view was just jolted and the doctors played on the very safe side he was not knocked out.

3 weeks. 

Woah, 3 weeks for punching a bloke in the face off the ball and concussing him:shock1:

I'm not sure he wasn't knocked out either.

Also thought the umps have no feel for the game by reversing the free kick.

I'd be surprised if he got less than 5 TBH.

I reckon it deserves 6.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Woah, 3 weeks for punching a bloke in the face off the ball and concussing him:shock1:

I'm not sure he wasn't knocked out either.

Also thought the umps have no feel for the game by reversing the free kick.

I'd be surprised if he got less than 5 TBH.

I reckon it deserves 6.

It's gonna be a talking point:smile:

Mills will play next week therefore his club erred on the side of caution.

Now if he has injuries that keep him out longer,Bugg should be given the same plus extra.

BTW i agree the reversal was wrong but hey the umps normally only pick up the 2nd one.

It may sound harsh without seeing footage of whether Mills was scragging before the contest.

That will tell the story.

Concussion,mental illness in the game,it's like being on the dole for a few weeks and holding your hand out.

Come on guys.....Bugg was provoked.....geeeeeessssssss i saw it too....He is known as a stirrer and this should get him 6 weeks in Bali...he will be a marked man from now on much like Grinter was, stupid action and id hesitate to play I'm again this season....

As for the free reversal...it was there, Bugg was set upon from all angles after a number of pushes and shoves long after the free had been given thumped to the ground just wasn't called for and stupid Sydney lost the ball...

Anyway the teacher taught the students last night, Swans nowhere near there best yet good enough to make the GF again in my opinion they can only improve.

The Dee's think Oliver is carrying an injury as was Viney through went out on a foot issue, Wagner isn't up to a defensive post in the AFL Goodwin play him in the middle please...will shoot you off an email during the week....by the way no run and carry out of defence during the first half when we were still in the game, Hunt is not a forward mate he is a defensive Mid only we missed his run when the switch came it was game over...get it right ....and mate id be rotating Gawn and and Pederson from the forward line to the ruck, Gawn isn't fully back yet and Cam is running hot,, Big Mac is doing just great across the half forward line for god sake leave him there....and Hanna....you lost Gartlet Hanna is perfect fit and a goal sneak can play small as well as mid forward..... pocket mate...think that just about covers it....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, farmerjo said:

It's gonna be a talking point:smile:

Mills will play next week therefore his club erred on the side of caution.

Now if he has injuries that keep him out longer,Bugg should be given the same plus extra.

BTW i agree the reversal was wrong but hey the umps normally only pick up the 2nd one.

It may sound harsh without seeing footage of whether Mills was scragging before the contest.

That will tell the story.

Concussion,mental illness in the game,it's like being on the dole for a few weeks and holding your hand out.

I don't think anyone knows as yet if Mills will play next week.

Will have to wait and see.

I can't see how you think the club erred on Mills.

I thought it was pretty cut and dry. The doctors give a concussion

test. Fail that and you're out.

Concussion and mental illness are 2 different issues IMO.

Your right Will,we all have our own views on what happened leading up to and the incident.

The commentators were saying it was worse than Houli's,i think not.

Mills was in a tracksuit top on the bench at the 19 minute mark.(20 minutes to access?)

Bugg will get a lengthy one because the AFL don't want the mothers of under 9's taking them away from the game to play soccer.

Will wait till tribunal decision to comment further on it.As i said i don't like Bugg so the impact is little.

Zak Jones,there's a player with heart for his club.Stitches above and below the eye which must have given some sort of blurred vision and an awful amount of pain.

Moving on:smile: looking forward to the rest of the games to see how disciplined the players are which should lead to some good footy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Is this happening to the Dees.:smile:

67719075wheels.off.wagon.380x200.jpg

until they get a few back from injury id say so....hahaha your a dirty shitzu Fj.....which reminds me i need to wash my shitzu this weekend....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Patrick Cripps says hi:whistling:

You're also forgetting the germ (Bugg) cannoned into Nick Riewoldt in 2015.

He's got form.

1491458170407.jpg

OMG anyone in a Dee jumper throwing a hand around is now BUGG....thats Lewis with the left hook......and Viney watching on...Bugg nowhere to be seen....

Just now, AlexRRR said:

until they get a few back from injury id say so....hahaha your a dirty shitzu Fj.....which reminds me i need to wash my shitzu this weekend....

Sorry Alex,hour and a half till the footy starts and trying to fill in the time.:smile:

• Like 1

How much did Hally get for belting Staker in '08? 7 weeks? Expect Bugg to get the same if not more, especially if the AFL wants to make an example out of someone.

I thought it was pretty poor form from Richo in the rooms interviewing Bugg starting out with that "on the front foot" bullshit. 

I don't mind Bugg's sledging, I think it's quite well done, but knocking a bloke out like that. If Houli couldn't successfully argue he didn't mean to do it, Bugg's cooked.

• Like 2

Yep, I know it's Lewis. It was when he fractured Cripp's jaw.

I was referring to your "Dee's dont need to be known as a basher team...hard at the ball and to bad if your head gets in the way"

hard at the ball comment.

• Like 1