Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Usain bolt playing for Aussie soccer team. Better if he played AFL. Would have made more sense. Considering his build and speed over 100m.  But nobody outside of Australia likes AFL. So I understand. Oh yeah and he probably couldn't handle bouncing and banana kicking. He'd be good at fend off. 

Edited by stud858
  • Like 1

Did anybody see the legends game?

I tried to stream channel 7mate but I got a different state telecast showing border security show.

I tried Redbox and switstreamz. Anybody know where Melbourne streams can be found? Can't justify the expense of VPN to get past geoblock  just to watch something a few times a year

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

Did anybody see the legends game?

I tried to stream channel 7mate but I got a different state telecast showing border security show.

I tried Redbox and switstreamz. Anybody know where Melbourne streams can be found? Can't justify the expense of VPN to get past geoblock  just to watch something a few times a year

Watchafl broadcast it, dont fret, you missed nothin.

• Like 2

Well the Saints have started their clean out ahead of the draft.  Freeman finally gone as he has been a list clogger for 3 years for a return of 2 games. ( total of 2 in 5yrs for saints/pies) Cost the saints millions trying to rebuild him after the dud was traded to us from Collingwood. McCartin still on the books and another list clogger after 5 years who will never make it just like freeman.  Hopefully the saints will promote Rowan Marshall off the rookie list as our key forward.  Been with the saints 1 year, played more games than McCartin, goal average, tackles, possessions leave McCartin for dead.  A rookie who even polled my votes in the Trevor Barker medal (best/fairest) than McCartin 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stud858 said:

Usain bolt playing for Aussie soccer team. Better if he played AFL. Would have made more sense. Considering his build and speed over 100m.  But nobody outside of Australia likes AFL. So I understand. Oh yeah and he probably couldn't handle bouncing and banana kicking. He'd be good at fend off. 

What's soccer

On 8/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, Radar501 said:

PHOTO BELOW: Officer Radar stands like a coiled spring in front of Robinvale Cop Shop's divvy van, awaiting further instructions.   Circa 1998.

1998 was the year that Robinvale secured Sunraysia Football League's holy grail.....Premiers in the Seniors, Magoos and U18's. The thin blue line got stretched around town that evening, let me tell you.

Oranges, grapes and domestic violence are not all that Robinvale is known for.   It is also the birth place and resting place of John James.   “John WHO?” you ignorant fools may ask.

John James is none less than the 1961 Brownlow medallist and half-back flanker in Carlton's Team of the Century. That's WHO!

DSC00018.JPG

Hey I applied for a S/C job at Robinvale back in 96, they didn't want me so went to Corryong instead.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Thechook said:

What's soccer

Don't tell me an S will have to be added to LGBTQAR.

So much discrimination and so little time.

Can't wait for Thursday night.

I'm tossing up between cheesecake or pavlova for half time desert.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thechook said:

Hey I applied for a S/C job at Robinvale back in 96, they didn't want me so went to Corryong instead.

Very high standards were set and maintained at The Vale, and list cloggers were not welcome.   I do hope you understand why you missed the cut.

• Haha 1

The Boring Bye week  before the action starts........Mitch Hannan effective Dee forward blitz's in Casey Final yesterday coming back from injury.....you may recall the elusive mid/forward was one of the forward replacements for Hogan.....was easily one of the best players on the ground against the Eagles....slippery fellow plays both big and small and hard to man up especially when in form, nice lead can take a mark and is good on the ground with pace to burn left Eagle defenders standing....WILL be in team if fit....Joel Smith and Tom "love me" Bugg also outstanding along with Cam.....who has to be on the ball to be effective....and was yesterday.,..Casey rolls a Cats team with 17 AFL listed players in there team....here we gooooo here we goooo go go go they now get the week off before the prelim.......

Koch...."no player is off limits for trade"...might be good at Finacial matters is crap as president of a football club, I do respect the fact Port is not use to loosing anything as they pretty much were winning every second GF in the city of churches when they were a SA club...there in the BIG League now its a new ball game...just ask the Browns when they were reincarnated nothing comes easy.....nice to know he thinks changes WILL happen at board level goes so far as saying every position will be looked into.....Hinkley WILL be walking on egg shells in the new season, I would like to remind Koch Fj did an ok job in our humble league and would be itching to get a shot at a struggler id be glad to see Fj goo tooooo....

Dee AFLW capitano and Friday night sheila that hounds players for short boring interviews when walking to and from the ground is pregnant and I thought she was gay well there you go...Daisey is expecting twins.... was a bit of a shock to me.... she has a boy friend....even bigger shock....though she doesn't look as butch as some of them .....there is a very big % of gay and butch women in the AFLW...no need to be Einstein to see that....

Fall out continues at the Crows....Pyke apologies during there B&F awards seems it just wont go away, what ever happened its pretty much scared the team......maybe if the players had spoken up earlier they would be playing along side the Dee's next week who were quick to be pussys as they were over carrying bricks in there back packs as you all recall .....young number 3 some how managed to hit himself on the head with a couple of bricks im pretty sure Salem forgot to buckle up his back pack said number 3 bent down to tie his shoe laces and alleged bricks came sliding out onto clean shaven head....Tyson broke a thumb I think....not use to being a bikkies labourer.....anway hasn't affected Salems year he's had a good one as for Tyson well he may make way for Gaff.....

For you Thai based guys you dont get the commercials during the at least Friday nights games a Big Max is becoming a star tv personality in the making...."hey google play Gwan again" something like that....normaly im sceptical of Melbourne players who put them selves in the spot light or do long winded interviews....has always backfired in the past..but nope Max's hammy Google add hasn't damaged his playing ability one little bit, im sure he's getting lots of kidding and ribbing on the field, not seen him once loose it....if the Demons should be so lucky to make the GF and even win it WILL be GOOGLE everything Max....OMG next year Max WILL be requesting "Google Play that again"...on prime time tv....

The Blues have timed it very well.....keeping a number of young key position players in moth balls....snaring the number one draft pick and a priority pick along with McGovern and that GWS mid and thats even before the season has finished....A club use to playing cheque book football it has taken them forever to come to terms with the draft..........and here I just recall Harris there president in the 60's who was my dentist, I was just a kid....bugger scared me for life....karma thats what it is.....if I was scared how many others?????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

I get the Max commercials via watchafl/Fox Footy.

It's hard not to like the big fella.

Now that's tough!

Haha. C'mon mate!

Ok I'll meet you half way.

I'll mix half cider with half beer.

But that's as tough as I'll go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stud858 said:

Don't tell me an S will have to be added to LGBTQAR.

So much discrimination and so little time.

Can't wait for Thursday night.

I'm tossing up between cheesecake or pavlova for half time desert.

A true officienado would settle for nothing less than a tinnie and a meat pie.

• Like 2

Here's 1 poem.

He shepherds his teammate and yells that he’s clear

The opposing team are frozen with fear

He kicks the goal what a beautiful shot
By the time we leave they would’ve forgot

The team wins with victory and glory
What a good way to end this games story.

• Sad 1

On 9/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, stud858 said:

Here's 1 poem.

He shepherds his teammate and yells that he’s clear

The opposing team are frozen with fear

He kicks the goal what a beautiful shot
By the time we leave they would’ve forgot

The team wins with victory and glory
What a good way to end this games story.

A poet in the midst.....you surprise me there sudds.....that you could put a few words together and get them to rhyme....

The Tigers of course should be favourites and clearly the best team all year...every line is even the whole team is very even.....ive never seen an AFL team so even right across the 18....BUT....they would have to be exceptional to snag another flag on the trot kid...not out of the question BUT unlikely.....Denis Pagan former North and Blues coach is tipping the Eagles....and he would know a thing or two.....then you get the Hawks Cats and Dee's hitting some kind of form right when it matters most, the "fact" the Tigers havent lost in a while is DAMING....especially on the G many a fine team has got to the great day and come unstuck....Tigers needed to drop one of there last few games Super coach Fj and my self not a bad coach either i dont mind saying recons it needed to happen....and it didnt......WILL is no fan of Hard's so WILL stick the boots in if they dont make the great day he also has vested interest being an Eagle man.....

Any team in the 8 are good enough to take it....one problem looming for the Tigers is...if they should beat the Hawks its another week off......thats not necessarily good....

Have you left the city of sin and retuned home? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

A poet in the midst.....you surprise me there sudds.....that you could put a few words together and get them to rhyme....

The Tigers of course should be favourites and clearly the best team all year...every line is even the whole team is very even.....ive never seen an AFL team so even right across the 18....BUT....they would have to be exceptional to snag another flag on the trot kid...not out of the question BUT unlikely.....Denis Pagan former North and Blues coach is tipping the Eagles....and he would know a thing or two.....then you get the Hawks Cats and Dee's hitting some kind of form right when it matters most, the "fact" the Tigers havent lost in a while is DAMING....especially on the G many a fine team has got to the great day and come unstuck....Tigers needed to drop one of there last few games Super coach Fj and my self not a bad coach either i dont mind saying recons it needed to happen....and it didnt......WILL is no fan of Hard's so WILL stick the boots in if they dont make the great day he also has vested interest being an Eagle man.....

Any team in the 8 are good enough to take it....one problem looming for the Tigers is...if they should beat the Hawks its another week off......thats not necessarily good....

Have you left the city of sin and retuned home? 

On the jet on 11th. If I can collect enough money to afford an internet connection while in oz, I'll log in and help you guys cheer, regardless of team. It's all good.

So I'm here for now and tomorrow,

There shall be no crying sorrow,

As I look into my magic ball,

A fall? Tigers will never take that at all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, stud858 said:

On the jet on 11th. If I can collect enough money to afford an internet connection while in oz, I'll log in and help you guys cheer, regardless of team. It's all good.

So I'm here for now and tomorrow,

There shall be no crying sorrow,

As I look into my magic ball,

A fall? Tigers will never take that at all.

Did not rhyme......

Well Kid if you didnt waste your money in the City Of Sin you would be able to afford an internet connection back in Melbourne...ho i assume your a Melborunite......seems you girlie friends have been dropping some chilli powder or something like that into your beer....

• Like 2

Well the bye week hasn't been so unproductive as last year......Trade whispers aplenty.....Gaff Demon bound though North have thrown there hat into the ring.....Yesterdays breaking news is Doggie Luke Dahlhaus has effectively quit the club and wants out....was a star in there premiership year just making up numbers ever since...Unrestricted FA im sure there WILL be a rush for his services coming from some of the also run clubs that dont need mentioning but i WILL....Saints and North....

Jordan Roughead has been pretty much told this is your last season and your free to move to another club....WOW...whats happing to the Hawks? Bit rough id say...the Hawks have moved from family club to a full on professional cut throat outfit...dont be surprised to see the razor taken to Clarkos throat sometime soon...And on the eve of the finals as well....what could be behind letting a stalwart of the club know his days are almost up?

Lions have put there top draft pick on the table for Freo's Lackie Neal.....might come to zero as he still has a year to go on his current contract, a nervous Freo have increased his salary for next year and dropped a 4 year deal on the table.....

Ben Cousins apparently was calling Dusty Martin to get his Tiger jumper back....Dusty stoped taking Ben's calls a while ago...Luckily Ben's dad is hanging on to his Brownlow as well......seems the bank account is now empty that WILL happen when you dont work and your ....well......looking to get put up at her majesties descrestion some time soon a well earned break up on the farm should do wonders for at least a little while....

Was week 4 of practice games of the NFL last weeknd now you know where the AFL copied its from as ive always said the AFL are not known to be innovative....means lists of around 90 players gets cut back to 53....thats around 37 blokes get the chop per club...Browns last placed get the first choice of 1200 delistings wow what a headache, the season starts this coming week with a Thursday night game concluding with Monday Night Football...i have no understanding why Monday night football cant be as popular here as there, much better than Thursday nights...Im looking to get my NFL fix a long suffering fan of the game since before the long leggy yank IMT host who i detested as a pratt use to host the weekly show....

Melbourne Victory have gone bananas this year, filling there roster with apparently some excellent overseas talent starting with K Honda and just landing a Swedish striker both these players played at the World Cup...and effective....Nice to follow a strong side thats allways up....

Vodaphone texted me during my dinner last night asking if id like to register my pleasure for a new iPhone......and my pleasure was registered though my bank account wont be pleased....i payed outright for the last 3 iPhones 5, 6+ and 7 well the 6+ got traded in due to an issue for the 7 which the swinging factor was the camera on said 7 iPhone was god dam good and since i wasn't far off going to Cuba and Mexico at the time thought i could ditch my camera full stop...and i havent picked it up since...Well i wont be paying outright again ive since retired and just earn pennies a few times a week now....a plan is what im looking at.....Why do i need a new phone?  cause im single....its part of your wardrobe, like your belt needs to match your shoes sort of thing....Nothing looks worse like when you pull your antique phone out of your pocket in front of a woman...your measured by you accessories....and taste for fine things friends...you married guys and cheap charlies might not understand my logic but then again i dont date village girls or hang around bars like studd etc....ho i can afford internet both at home and on the road....Anyway the excitement for many people is building....the marketing is in full swing and there are reams and reams written on the new phones in fact once all the hooo harrrr has subsided which WILL be around january the leaks WILL start on next years models....Anyway these new iPhones are virtually killing of computers tablets too...unless you need to download illegal activities on the internet you dont need anything more than a nice tablet or phone.....ipad pro would be what id be looking to when my iMac has had its day....

• Like 2

Well the bye week hasn't been so unproductive as last year......Trade whispers aplenty.....Gaff Demon bound though North have thrown there hat into the ring.....Yesterdays breaking news is Doggie Luke Dahlhaus has effectively quit the club and wants out....was a star in there premiership year just making up numbers ever since...Unrestricted FA im sure there WILL be a rush for his services coming from some of the also run clubs that dont need mentioning but i WILL....Saints and North....

Jordan Roughead has been pretty much told this is your last season and your free to move to another club....WOW...whats happing to the Hawks? Bit rough id say...the Hawks have moved from family club to a full on professional cut throat outfit...dont be surprised to see the razor taken to Clarkos throat sometime soon...And on the eve of the finals as well....what could be behind letting a stalwart of the club know his days are almost up?

Lions have put there top draft pick on the table for Freo's Lackie Neal.....might come to zero as he still has a year to go on his current contract, a nervous Freo have increased his salary for next year and dropped a 4 year deal on the table.....

Ben Cousins apparently was calling Dusty Martin to get his Tiger jumper back....Dusty stoped taking Ben's calls a while ago...Luckily Ben's dad is hanging on to his Brownlow as well......seems the bank account is now empty that WILL happen when you dont work and your ....well......looking to get put up at her majesties descrestion some time soon a well earned break up on the farm should do wonders for at least a little while....

Was week 4 of practice games of the NFL last weeknd now you know where the AFL copied its from as ive always said the AFL are not known to be innovative....means lists of around 90 players gets cut back to 53....thats around 37 blokes get the chop per club...Browns last placed get the first choice of 1200 delistings wow what a headache, the season starts this coming week with a Thursday night game concluding with Monday Night Football...i have no understanding why Monday night football cant be as popular here as there, much better than Thursday nights...Im looking to get my NFL fix a long suffering fan of the game since before the long leggy yank IMT host who i detested as a pratt use to host the weekly show....

Melbourne Victory have gone bananas this year, filling there roster with apparently some excellent overseas talent starting with K Honda and just landing a Swedish striker both these players played at the World Cup...and effective....Nice to follow a strong side thats allways up....

Vodaphone texted me during my dinner last night asking if id like to register my pleasure for a new iPhone......and my pleasure was registered though my bank account wont be pleased....i payed outright for the last 3 iPhones 5, 6+ and 7 well the 6+ got traded in due to an issue for the 7 which the swinging factor was the camera on said 7 iPhone was god dam good and since i wasn't far off going to Cuba and Mexico at the time thought i could ditch my camera full stop...and i havent picked it up since...Well i wont be paying outright again ive since retired and just earn pennies a few times a week now....a plan is what im looking at.....Why do i need a new phone?  cause im single....its part of your wardrobe, like your belt needs to match your shoes sort of thing....Nothing looks worse like when you pull your antique phone out of your pocket in front of a woman...your measured by you accessories....and taste for fine things friends...you married guys and cheap charlies might not understand my logic but then again i dont date village girls or hang around bars like studd etc....ho i can afford internet both at home and on the road....Anyway the excitement for many people is building....the marketing is in full swing and there are reams and reams written on the new phones in fact once all the hooo harrrr has subsided which WILL be around january the leaks WILL start on next years models....Anyway these new iPhones are virtually killing of computers tablets too...unless you need to download illegal activities on the internet you dont need anything more than a nice tablet or phone.....ipad pro would be what id be looking to when my iMac has had its day....

11 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

Hehehehehe.....actually Apple saved me from bankruptcy, seriously i was so over windows laptops and there brittle nature and the fact that malware and virus's attach like shit to a blanket....in the end had to buy a second laptop and keep it off the net just for doing my cashbook...you know tax thingo's that us self employed people had to do...

I put down $1500 for a Dell high speck 15inch laptop in 2011....at the time it was super elite, I7 and 1 gig graphic card with 8 gigs of ram....heavy stuff......it was my first laptop with backlight so i could even use it in the dark and i often did...well.....within the warranty period the 1gig hard drive crashed and was replaced then just as it came out of warranty the battery went Dell wouldn't hear of it...full cost to me, out of annoyance and principle i refused there generous offer to replace it for $155 and ran the machine plugged into a socket, on returning from a long sojourn in Thailand the hard drive went again...i had to replace then about a year after that the keyboard had issues and the back light no longer worked...as i said i like to be in a darken room.....I bought an iMac which is an Apple desk top job early 2013 and slowly began using that the Dell was kept for downloading and playing Fifa Manager, well the iMac is now 5 years old and NOTHING has ever gone wrong....NOTHING.....The Dell crashed last week god knows why looks like the hard drive has karked it again, my game had been freezing up and recently turning it on for the first time a ton of merda attached itself to google.......so i unplugged the bastard and retired it...will soon pull the hard drive out and throw it in the green bin....

As for phones.....Nokia was at the time best for tradesman as we could be hard on them...did try Ericsson had to take it back 3 times only for Optus to say there was nothing wrong with it on the 3rd attempt they did find a fault or they had to replace it...it was given to a TGF as a back up and the only phone that i got 2 ys out of apart from an iPhone, a Siemns yes a German job got exactly 3 months out of that...another forget the brand got 5 months out of it...and about 6 or 7 Nokias.....the average life span of a Nokia for me was 12 months on a 2 year contact a couple ended up in the washing machine by accident in to much of a haste to wash my work clothes on getting home, 1 was lost with my brand new wallet and 350$ inside....Then for some reason and i wasn't into smart phones....they had been around a while, i pretty much did everything on my computer so i didnt need to be connected to internet on my phone, i decided to surprise my TGF of the time with updating our phones....i had got her a blackberry....her request...she had been to university and and wasn't too silly...but the blackberry she found sort of bewildering to use.....i use to look at her looking at it and the expression on her face....she thought it cool to be able to send emails and log into women's things online on her phone even i had 2 computers...Well she was absolutely delighted when i suggested we go get a pair of new iPhone 4's......my iPhone 4 i had for just over 2 years never missed a beat it was sold to my daughters partner of the time and i know it went a further 3 years with out a hiccup....the 5....ahhh the battery OMG but it turned on everyday never stoped unless it ran out of power then in disgust one day i brought the 6+ which was meant to last until the X came out but having the bend it like Beckham disease (touch) i jumped at the chance to upgrade to the 7 which put off buying the X, the 6+ was a bit heavy and use to pull my shorts down one side, was a bit annoying ........Apart form glitches in software updates last year with my 7 (took 4 updates to fix the issues) i would never ever consider another brand....My experience with a Samsung Prime that a former member here recommended is well documented so i dont need to speak anymore of it....other than to say im loaning it to my sister who is off to the Holy Land and Jordan for a month so if it gets knocked off no one WILL care...

• Like 1

Heard Hardwick say team has to remain humble and incredibly hungry.

I agree the hungriest team will win all.

I've seen top teams flatten out during finals not hitting packs and tackles hard enough.

Gotta be tuff and hard!

Cotchin is a player who dives in hard.  Almost cost him a finals spot last year.

But you gotta go hard. Moderation won't win the day.

Good luck all.

• Like 1