Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Mark Knight creates each year's excellent AFL Grand Final poster.   He has also created a global storm and been branded a racist and misogynist  for his characterisation of Serena Williams after her meltdown at the US Open.

When Knight portrayed a similarly themed satire of poor sportsmanship......NO!!!!......poor sportspersonship......by Nick Kyrgios only a week or two ago, the silence by his critics was deafening.   But then again, Nick is male and white.

Fortune smiled on Knight, because if he had depicted Williams being lead away by the ear like he did with Kyrgios, on top of racism and misogamy, he could now also be labeled for his support of VIOLENCE.

Screenshot 2018-09-11 13.04.57.png

nick.png

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Mark Knight creates each year's excellent AFL Grand Final poster.   He has also created a global storm and been branded a racist and misogynist  for his characterisation of Serena Williams after her meltdown at the US Open.

When Knight portrayed a similarly themed satire of poor sportsmanship......NO!!!!......poor sportspersonship......by Nick Kyrgios only a week or two ago, the silence by his critics was deafening.   But then again, Nick is male and white.

Fortune smiled on Knight, because if he had depicted Williams being lead away by the ear like he did with Kyrgios, on top of racism and misogamy, he could now also be labeled for his support of VIOLENCE.

Screenshot 2018-09-11 13.04.57.png

nick.png

Ban all these types of cartoons. They are obviously insulting to people and meant to be so otherwise it wouldn't be funny. Or keep them but I reserve the right to call Green an ugly cheating chop in that case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

I reserve the right to call Green an ugly cheating chop

William Ellis Green (WEG) drew the footy posters from 1954 up until his passing in 2008.   Mark Knight took over the job after that.        PS Stud.   I know that's not the Green you are talking about 555

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ellis_Green

'On 14 January 2005, the 82-year-old Green confronted a burglar running through his back yard in Heathmont, Victoria.. After confronting the man, Green called the police, then proceeded to take pen to paper and produce a caricature. His art was immediately recognisable to the local police. The offender was soon apprehended at a local shop, and the cartoon clearly showed the man'

I take this opportunity to attach Knight's poster of the 2013 Premiership team that almost was.....FREMANTLE!!. 

Apologies to Ron and Gazman.

143400_ad0a1eeb8bda148f1269a7d7d7e9fa34.png

William Ellis Green (WEG) drew the footy posters from 1954 up until his passing in 2008.   Mark Knight took over the job after that.        PS Stud.   I know that's not the Green you are talking about 555

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ellis_Green

'On 14 January 2005, the 82-year-old Green confronted a burglar running through his back yard in Heathmont, Victoria.. After confronting the man, Green called the police, then proceeded to take pen to paper and produce a caricature. His art was immediately recognisable to the local police. The offender was soon apprehended at a local shop, and the cartoon clearly showed the man'

I take this opportunity to attach Knight's poster of the 2013 Premiership team that almost was.....FREMANTLE!!. 

Apologies to Ron and Gazman.
143400_ad0a1eeb8bda148f1269a7d7d7e9fa34.png.bafe25858a6b8d0a3297aab13ba8e5dc.png

Sadly no cigar that year and will it ever happen in my life time???? I think there are a number of problems with the club and I am nto sure what will eventually fix it. Some say getting rid of Ross Lyons but I believe it goes way deeper than that!!! I may print the Poster off and hang it somewhere and pretend we won, the Thais will never know.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Sadly no cigar that year and will it ever happen in my life time???? I think there are a number of problems with the club and I am nto sure what will eventually fix it. Some say getting rid of Ross Lyons but I believe it goes way deeper than that!!! I may print the Poster off and hang it somewhere and pretend we won, the Thais will never know.

Just change the date from 2013 to 2023 or 2033.

:sorry:

• Like 1

Just change the date from 2013 to 2023 or 2033.

:sorry:

LOL no need for the apology I should be the one sorry for following them!!! I should have realised when I went to one of their first practice matches I think Neesham was the coach but I must be a slow learner
  • Like 1

Luke Parker is reportedly considering walking out the door along with Lloyd and Hanneberry.....tied up nice and tightly until 2021 the 25 year old is already in the Bomber sites....

Chooks boys are trying to move a mountain....In the world of make believe and fantasy known as the Australian Dream Time The Saints are going after Chad Wingard, Dan Hanneberry and Dylan Shield....in one fowl swoop there not casting a line there throwing out a fishing net and who there gonna land is Cam Pederson....Chooks is digging deep to help fun the extravagant life style of some of these guys 1.2 to 1.3 big ones to help land an undersize snapper Dylan.....

To day is the 12th....but its the 12th tomorrow in Silicon Valley where they make fake boobs and iPhones...an other 12 or so hours before its splashed across every newspaper and cyber news the remarkable game changer is almost here....You will want to trade up from your Nokia WILL when u see the new line up....

As if the Cats havent learned a lesson....Swan Rohan along with Saint"small chook"Stevens are in there sights....Dangerfeild has been courting Doggie Luke Dahlhaus for most of the season, only ever had one decent season so what you get is more of the same ......

Watched the NFL season opener on the weekend Phiilie Eagles and the Atlanta Falcons....never been a wrap for either team especially the Eagles...as they play in the Black and Blue division.....in this division were some of the strongest Gridiron teams of the 70's 80's and 90's hence nick named the black and blue division, house hold names like Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants as well as successful Washington Redskins who was the team i choose to follow since adding a few more since theres plenty off divisions and 2 conference, the Eagles were the lesser lights of this div...and a really puke green uniform...anyway the Gaints pop up every now and then to grab a superbowl the other two have fallen on hard times....Eagles tend to threaten every now and then then just frustrate there supporters...they did manage to beat the red hot Patriots another of my teams in last years big one...well....what can i say about the Eagles and Falcons game? it was got dam boring and a pain to watch...i mean it was static slow and god even the commentators were almost falling asleep with me...WILL WILL be glad to know the Eagles for a moment came out of there slumber long enough to win the game....

Tuned into with great interest cause we love an underdog to watch the Cleveland Browns at home to the Phitsburg Steelers....the Browns didnt win and they didnt loose it was a draw....rained rather hard the entire game, the Steelers would have been disgusted with them selves after all the Browns have only won one game in 2 seasons...went to sudden death overtime and both teams had a chance to win it of course conditions didnt help either...Was a good game to watch with lots going on thank god....Meanwhile i loved the new look Redskins hope they can keep it up....

The Victorian state election is hotting up...i recon Dan Andrews has it sewn up releasing plans for a major rail loop then follows it up with a discounted version of solar roof panels for the masses and then just the other day my god the steak knifes are getting thrown in as well now....you will be able to get about $5000 towards a solar battery to go with your solar panels wow what a deal.....wished i had of waited now...i did the 5kw solar and battery pack for 18 grand end of last year....There is one catch of course......he has to win the election....and i recon he will get a record vote pulverising the Libs cause we Vic's dont think where this money is coming from we just like the lollies on offer.....

Slow day today....Sally Field has released an explosive book on her life....Shes glad that Burt Reynolds wont get to make a comment on it as they dated for 5 years...he died recently in case you guys in the sticks of never never Thailand  missed it....i WILL pass rather read about Jose Mourinho the "special one" who's having his customary third year blues at Manchester United, got all sookie cause the big boss decided to spend more $$$ on there junior academy than splash out on new players, if your been sleeping he and Pogo stick who was in the French team during the world cup have had more written about them than the size of the novel War and Peace......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Christan R hasn't scored a goal yet for "The Old Lady" The Spaniards might have a high standard league though the quality falls right off about 5 clubs down from the top...on the other hand the Italians are very well known for defensive play says a lot when he is playing for the club that has owned top spot for about 6 years...

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

I too thought have to wait But they are advertising it's a goer now. 

No sudds....its an election promise....Dan came out with a new one today promise that is.... carers are going to get some extra funding bit off african mom jumbo ho and they will get half fare on public transport in the State if Victoria...hes way behind the times better to give them a fuel voucher like i mean who catches public transport in Melbourne?

This guy will bring our fair land down to bended knees....hes throwing around so much of our money ....like dont get me wrong im all for the solar i even think all new renovations over x amount and all new homes it should be mandatory and part of energy rating system we have in place here...

So hows it like being home?

WILL WILL be happy its confetti to the Eagles 1.5 Million dollars has been offered to Cat Kelly and a new iPhone XR...in any colour he likes and more than happy to have it Gold plated as well...Freo only offered a Samsung Note 9 and a few dollars less.....we all know which he WILL take...

Wow.....just seen this....Braydon Preuss is considering a trade to the Dee's....

The exodus of Swans is continuing Nic Newman WILL be parting the waters of the Murry river and coming home, as in ancient times the wandering Israelites left Sydney and wandered for 40 years in the desert before reaching the mecca of football....

Swans have jumped the que and are now red hot to land Gaff.....1.2 squilion per year is on the table, the Cheap Eagles think more of Cat Kelly than they do of Gaff who was offered a paltry 900,000 a season.....to stay.....

Hellelujah praise be to Tim Cook my prayers are answered not one but all 3 iPhones WILL have duel sim capabilities Hallelujah......Steve Jobs was a little more conscious of his attire, white shoes so clean Tim please....prancing around the stage on the announcement of the new iwatch and phones was like all i could focus on was your shoes......Hey loved what the new watch can do....series 4 for you Thai money bags hiding from the ATO....it detects falls...now this is cool for us who are getting long in the tooth there hey WILL and RIP and FJ....if you should fall and your wearing this watch it can detect everything assuming you lay half dead or are struggling to cope the watch will call a pre determined phone after one minute that WILL alert the other end your already half dead plus GPS location....how cool is that? @ around 700$ its cheap if it saves your life...i can pick a few Iwatches up for you guys and bring them over in December if your interested....all you have to do is pay my fare......other wise you WILL need to wait until about march next year before Thailand has any and we really do need to worry about our health there chaps...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

The exodus of Swans is continuing Nic Newman WILL be parting the waters of the Murry river and coming home, as in ancient times the wandering Israelites left Sydney and wandered for 40 years in the desert before reaching the mecca of football....

If Newman leaves the Swans he will go north to the Suns Dew has a good draw card.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

So hows it like being home?

Stressful.

You know how it is. You can choose your footy team but you don't get to choose family. If you could. I'd choose Pamela Anderson as my sister. Haha.

Just clicked on a different Aussie thread on Thai visa and some nonsense Bitcoin article came up with them wanting 250 bucks of my money. And then I'll be rich. Yeah, right. If I want to be rich I'll put my million on tigers to win by 50 in the granny.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stud858 said:

Stressful.

You know how it is. You can choose your footy team but you don't get to choose family. If you could. I'd choose Pamela Anderson as my sister. Haha.

Just clicked on a different Aussie thread on Thai visa and some nonsense Bitcoin article came up with them wanting 250 bucks of my money. And then I'll be rich. Yeah, right. If I want to be rich I'll put my million on tigers to win by 50 in the granny.

You can do like me fella and thats to move across town it deters people who may want to just drop in for 5 min....... you must be a Stratton throw back to the 70's if you still think Pamela is hot....having her as your sister will land you in the Pen fella....

No changes to the Demons into nights game, Hawks 3 ....there on back foot with a lot to prove after the Tigers surgically removed some vital organs in last weeks game...

Gee's I even dreamed of iphones last night....might be a good omen money is coming in in droves....ahh thats right my sister owns me a bit should be getting it soon.....

• Like 1

News Flash.....Swans are the new Hawthorn, put it as delicately as possible still cuts like a sharp knife....Alex Johnson delisted....

Grand Final entertainment is from Jimmy "shouting" Barnes the Old man of Aussie Rock and the internationl rock out fit the Black Eyed Peas who I just cant get into no matter how sexy there singer is...

Sad day today VW announce the ending of the Beetle, better known as Hitlers revenge, the last one WILL be made July next year in Mexico, a mate and I use to borrow his mums beetle, sounded like a motor mower without a muffler and as fit young men use to cruise the suburban streets looking for girls...we were never successful in that particular car as now I reflect back can see why...I graduated to a min in later years...well I bought my ex-wife when she was a cute pretty petite young teacher of 23 a mini K after a truck run up the back side of my old holden, I was so impressed with this mini I went out and bought a Mini Cooper S, even my mates were impressed with the S 3 of them went out and bought them as well....I recall doing the Italian job 3 Cooper S's cruising doing the ton up in the hills near Elidon we had a 3 series BMW sitting on our tails who wanted to get into the act alas he could stay with us just couldn't pass us.....had that car for 10 years....graduated to the BMW Mini Cooper S and OMG was more refined as you can imagine but same same.... head all ways under the hood it was traded in last year on a VW hehehe...

• Like 1

Easy clean win for Dee's. Coach setting up players well and players executing. Hawks chopping it these days.

Colliwobbles by 10.

Here's hoping a few jabs to the nuts for Green.

So Demons play WC. That will test them. Close game is a good game

• Like 1

Watching to nights game reminded me of the Eagles Atlanta game ........"here comes the rain" by CCR came quick to mind and it did rain today and we were back to very wintry condions....loathed to take my GTI out today but rather it than my falcon ute.....as we age we like some creature comfort and zoom off the lights yep i still do just to show the young punks pop can drive...

Anyway i know Ozz was looking for a GWS win and to be fair so was i...casue if we can stumble over the Eagles in Perth next week id rather be playing the Gaints over Tigers and Pies.......Father time WILL and i both agree Cameron is more a liability than coach......he's even different he coaches from the boundary line now how in the f**** can he tell if players are getting into position well? I guess thats what you have assistants for still i think he must have OCD as he seems to wanna tell his players how to play....

For the list we all think they should have they dont actually do much, so im tipping either the Gaints go looking for experience during trade week or there gonna cull there coach cause more off the same is same what there been getting and WILL keep on getting....Get it on.....Trex....still a good riff...

The Demons last night.....i watched right to the end of the broadcast cause we in the Red and Blue land have been starved senseless, Clarko....oh my god....didnt coincide Dee's were much better.....18 years in the job might do that to you for.......4 heavens sake they threw everything at us and after quarter time the closest they got was 12 points, we gained ground at every change...half time and 3/4 time they only managed to make up a few points in the last....i ask you who controlled the game? we did....who came back when we need to too? we did...I watched Clarkson a reject from the good North teams at Deeland we were close to crap in those days but at least Beverage was at the bottom of the pack all the time Clarko was in and out like a commercial construction worker...Keep on Chugging an other CCR riff comes to mind.....and i wasn't so into CCR guys...

Oh you ask which iPhone i will get....dont want to keep you in suspense .....going to wait until next month when the XR will be avalibe for visual inspection ....this is the one i thought i might get but i might suffer walking around Thailand with one side of my shorts lower than the other as im leaning towards the Max with awwsum camera and a sreen the size of my 65inch telly.....with fading eye sight in the twilight of my years it might be the go and of course WILL impress my dates there in Thailand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

Please call me Dr. Tipper. Are you guys sure I don't win anything?

Both sides average skills. Tigers to beat pies by 40 next week.

Dee's hmmm ok. By 20.

All you win here is Fans.....no money no love....you need to be more neutral u can blow ur trumpet and carry on like a pork chop or a two bob watch some WILL laugh some WILL send you warning mails to pull your head in in your private box up there on the right....

your a tripper alright......it was a dull game i had to open a bottle of wine to get through it....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

All you win here is Fans.....no money no love....you need to be more neutral u can blow ur trumpet and carry on like a pork chop or a two bob watch some WILL laugh some WILL send you warning mails to pull your head in in your private box up there on the right....

your a tripper alright......it was a dull game i had to open a bottle of wine to get through it....

Well I'm still on a high. Picking a game to the exact point does not happen very often.

I thought it an achievement on par with helping an old lady cross the street. Very satisfying and not something I do often.

Watching Hewitt play as I calm down. 2 sets up in the Davis cup doubles. Oi oi oi.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Hi Fellas

I just want to let you know I will not be posting on this website again. Thanks for a great time with the friendly banter and fun. Four teams left and I hope Melbourne make the GF. Have fun.

Rip

That's terribly disappointing to hear Rip.

I hope you change your mind.

A WC/Colling wood GF will do me.

Failing that, a WC/Richmond one will do:smile:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Hi Fellas

I just want to let you know I will not be posting on this website again. Thanks for a great time with the friendly banter and fun. Four teams left and I hope Melbourne make the GF. Have fun.

Rip

Thanks RIP....sad to see you go.....some people do find a life away from here...good luck..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Hi Fellas

Rip

Sorry to hear you're leaving us, take care mate