Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Can't remember who said it last night during the commentary in the first quarter, probably BT, but it was something like "at least nobody is getting blown away" and sure enough the flood gates opened and Collingwood went on a rampage..

You'd have to wonder if Collingwood have enough left in the tank for the big dance...

I reckon this years finals series has been pretty poor TBH.

I reckon there's only been one really good game and that was the

one between WC and Collingwood.

Most of the others have been either blow outs or really low scoring events.

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

I reckon this years finals series has been pretty poor TBH.

I reckon there's only been one really good game and that was the

one between WC and Collingwood.

Most of the others have been either blow outs or really low scoring events.

The Dee and Hawks game was ok......

Dee's end up short again in the VFL...Box Hill Hawks snatch it after trailing all day not to worry the sun is out today Monday after a gloomy Sunday and after a brilliant Saturday .....we live to fight another day...summer is almost here it seemed to be a very gloomy winter this year so much so I will spend it in Thailand next year...

When is a duel SIM card phone not a duel SIM card phone or at least not yet? To brighten my miserable Sunday I ventured to a Vodaphone store to check out the latest and greatest offering from Apple, on display where the two new products that will drive Apples probability for another year...nice looking big screened phones....the catch is....Esim....not available in AU yet and maybe never....what is Esim you ask? im glad you asked that question, its an imbedded sim inside the phone that opens up a new way of you the customer hooking up with a carrier....down load a telco's app and scan your code wham O instant hook up...is how they describe it, Au carriers have been reluctant to offer duel sim phone in AU for a host of reasons that dont ring true.....I mean every drug pusher has about 20 phones....ive known people with 2 phones that are normal business people.....The guys at the coalface....shop front said the telcos had no plans to introduce Esim.....a stubborn man am I well actually I always check as I been dudded before by sales people which is a few more stories in my book.....got on line to Vodaphone...dont you love it these little pop up's that allow you to chat with someone in real time on your pc? I do...Jetstar was the first id seen with that then later that telco I was with that who you could only talk to online during xmas break because they wouldnt answer there phones....amazing that...that a mobile telephone company was not contactable by phone....thats why I switched to Vodaphone....anway that Pakistani Aussie I was talking to online said Esim would be available once Apple put out the software update for it which is expected within a month or two....so who do you believe? Do I risk buying a Max at over $2000 on the strength of what I was told? .......As a trade may hands get beat up a lot....I still work a few days a week you know....so I can have an even better time in Thailand when I go....the 7 has touch to open your phone...well since my hands get beat up a lot that touch hardly ever works im always punching in my code to open the got dam thing....so yes after a few years of this im getting sick of it, yesterday I longed to do a deal....as the Xs and Xs max have face recognition no problems opening the god dam contrapition anymore.....what to do? what to do?.....Well I decided im not going to buy a new phone unless I get what I want and thats duel sim....so I let Vodaphone know that, until Esim is available in AU they can stick it up there jumper......

Ps....the Apple Xs and Xs Max as well as the new XR have an inbuilt Esim and a slot for a traditional sim, I know so much about these phones I could get a job at Apple now except I wont apply as I dont like living in the USA let alone travel in it... 

The writing was on the wall after Saturdays miserable game...im dam sure Goodwin and co will start moving mountains to get Gaff to sign on the dotted line, there gonna have to move on at least one midfielder and bring in one new one, not game to single anyone out as you do grow attached to your players but a change in the middle is needed.....

The Browns win there first game in over 300 odd days, not won since the 2016 season nothing last year....they went out and did a Demon resurgence starting in the office by bring in people who know how to pick cattle...apparently just like the Dee's they had a host of early round draft pics that went nowhere.....There a different looking bunch this year...looking good in there totally dark brown uniform with orange helmets they got off to a slow start under number 1 quarterback Talylor who was having a dog day afternoon then eventually got stomped on to have to go off late in the 2cd quarter being 0-14, bringing on number 1 draft choice in quarterback Merryweather a fresh faced 21 year old with xfactor who most other clubs raised an eye when selected at 1 pretty much drove the Browns to there first win of the season over the Jets....heady stuff indeed ....for the record Browns drew the first game, in week 2 they lost by 4 points in a game they should have won Gonzales rookie kicker missed an extra point and 2 field goals a total of 7 points missed, interestingly he didn't play this week instead Browns rushed out picked up a new free agent kicker cut from one of the other clubs...have to say his first kick looked wonky so was the second but the third was straight as a die....How did the Browns get there name?.....there first coach and part owner's name was Brown....there also the only club not to have a mascot on there Helmut, in the past the Browns have been associated with dogs...there ground once referred to as the Dog pound....

North Adelaide win the SA flag....some not happy as they had 19 players on the ground during there prelim final and scoring in that time if it had been deducted would have clearly lost that game.....No back bone in the SA league to overturn the results...

Brownlow tonight....who WILL win....Max is a stand out WILL Mitchell finally get it? to be honest Mitchell dont stand out, seems to fly under the radar, might be because he is small.....

Bombers and Dee's sinking there teeth into GCSun S May.....Docker Langdon on a few shopping list including the Dee's, Tom Scully the mercenery may be traded Gaints need to unload...Dee's offer Tyson to North for Preuss NOT INTRESTED.....now linked to Essendon and Carlton....Hogan is still on Freo's shopping list....not just the mint there offering there throwing in Australia 2 the America cup winner from the Bond days....its sim salsa benne there done that it holiday time...

• Like 1

The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Finals Week Three

eagles_1.jpg

Footy is a passion, not some cold hearted, spread sheet dominated rational exercise.

On a Monday, you want irrational reaction. You want emotion to trump reason.

What you really want is idiotic hysteria.

You’ve come to the right place.

Richmond (58) v Collingwood (97)

Not since George Lucas announced, he’d be making the Star Wars prequels has something been so anticipated and so disappointing. 

Thirty-eight years after they last met in the finals, this had all the hallmarks of a classic, but instead, it bombed like Craig McLachlan performing stand up on the NRL Footy Show.

This was more a mugging than a game of football, with the Pies making the Tigers look like extras hired for a disaster movie, lots of panicking and running in different directions.

Richmond’s much-respected structure and disciplined seemed a distant memory as the Collingwood side ran all over them with wild abandon.

Jordan De Goey up forward made ‘the greatest fullback in the history of time’ Alex Rance look like someone who isn’t that great when held accountable to one player and not allowed to drift wherever he likes.

Richmond’s woes seemed best highlighted by the fact a guy who hadn’t even heard of the game a few years ago run amok like Wayne Carey on a trip to Miami.

In fact, in response, the Pies supporters started chanting ‘USA, USA’, like we needed another reason to hate Pies fans.

It was a now typical Collingwood performance, quick run, sharp passing and intense pressure. There was even the traditional injury with the Pies now sweating on Jeremey Howe’s fitness for the Grand Final.

The performance was a sweet vindication for the Pies who think no one has believed in them this year, but it’s not that we don’t believe in you, it’s that we don’t want to believe this is happening, like not looking at your bank account after a night out. 

The Tigers certainly weren’t helped by Dustin Martin’s injury, but this was a defeat the whole team worked towards.

At least all those Tigers fans that went early on those ‘back to back’ tattoos can simply get ‘almost’ tattooed in front.

Richmond fans simply sat there in shock thinking, ‘this is going to be hard to top for the worst performance in a Preliminary final this weekend’.

It wasn’t. 

West Coast (121) v Melbourne (55)

How was your weekend? Mine was one were my worst fears were realised, which happens with alarming regularity to me.

I’d like to be able to say I don’t know how to react to a performance like this, but the problem is I knew exactly how to react.

From the middle of the first quarter to the final siren, I tried to single-handily drink all the alcohol in Optus Stadium, and it would be fair to say I got close.

There’s not a lot of point analysing the game, because there really wasn’t one. 

This was a massacre, which sent a convoy of Range Rovers fleeing the stadium seeking sanctuary in Margaret River.

The Eagles were simply magnificent while the Demons were not even present enough to be bad.

West Coast did every single thing right. They were fast, exciting, tough and clinical. It was awful.

It started early on with the Demons deciding slipping over was more important than kicking goals. I’ve been to kids’ roller-skating parties with less falling over.

Who knows why the Demons were so woeful? Being there at the ground, it is a daunting place. For starters it full of Eagles supporters.

It is also the loudest sports stadium I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a lot. The noise was like a wave that you could feel hitting you.

Melbourne, after weeks of riding emotion just seemed overwhelmed.

As the second quarter progressed, watching it became the most painful thing I’ve ever sat through, and I saw Meatloaf at the Grand Final live.

How bad did it get?  Well, multiple Eagles supporters bought me beer and they were all being really nice.

It was like being at a funeral, and everyone kept offering you their condolences. I’m used to pity, but usually, I have to be on a date to receive as much as I did.

I’ve been to funerals where I’ve cried a lot less. 

Thinking about it, I haven’t ever cried as much as I did on Saturday, with the possible exception of watching The Notebook

During the third quarter, I’d moved to near a bar to be closer to my support network, alcohol.

A police officer approached and asked if I was OK. I told him I’d like to report the assault currently occurring out on the ground. With a straight face, he got out his notebook and started taking down a victim impact statement. 

It was simultaneously one of the funniest and worst moments of my life.

In the end, the Eagles should be applauded, this has been a fantastic year for them and, like Collingwood, they have never been given the respect they deserve.

As for my Dees, I’m still proud of them. This season was better than I could have hoped for and just as they have fixed their mistakes along the way this year, they’ll do the same after this. 

On a final note, apart from the result, it was great fun in Perth, the Eagles fans were very welcoming, the stadium is stunning, and I met a lot of great footy fans.

Despite the fact my soul hurts at the moment, I still love football.

• Like 1

Meatloaf, I was fortunate enough to see them live in their prime and they were good. Why do baby boomers keep seeing these has been’s after their prime and why the AFL would ask the same as the starring act at the Grand Final I can not understand. I have many good memories of many bands I saw in my younger years and there is no way I want to see them in their old age.
Being a Dockers supporter I somehow doubt I will ever see them in their prime, well enough prime to take out a Grand Final.
Given they way the finals have been going this year I foresee one team turning up for the GF and one not, who that will be I do not know but I must point out for Eddies benefit the Eagles have a one less day break than Collingwood, also the number of supporters for WC at the G will be less than what they have at Optus.
Really I should be making some pies for the match on Saturday and buy some Coopers Stout to watch the match.
Maybe I should look at the new IPhone with dual SIMS and then I can watch the match in 2D and in stereo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Meatloaf, I was fortunate enough to see them live in their prime and they were good. Why do baby boomers keep seeing these has been’s after their prime and why the AFL would ask the same as the starring act at the Grand Final I can not understand. I have many good memories of many bands I saw in my younger years and there is no way I want to see them in their old age.
Being a Dockers supporter I somehow doubt I will ever see them in their prime, well enough prime to take out a Grand Final.
Given they way the finals have been going this year I foresee one team turning up for the GF and one not, who that will be I do not know but I must point out for Eddies benefit the Eagles have a one less day break than Collingwood, also the number of supporters for WC at the G will be less than what they have at Optus.
Really I should be making some pies for the match on Saturday and buy some Coopers Stout to watch the match.
Maybe I should look at the new IPhone with dual SIMS and then I can watch the match in 2D and in stereo

Gaz you let the cat out of the bag....."Meatloaf" OMG you paid good money to see him?......my brother was embarrassed one day when i was going through his collection and found a copy of Abba's greatest hits...i was going to name and shame him on national radio with this find...back in the late 90's 3JJJ had a morning radio announcer who would call up some poor sod and prio into the unfortunates life often bring the dude undone on national radio....i did mean to do it just didnt get around to it.

And if you think baby boomers trooping off to watch some old codgers on stage is appalling i can tell you the music tastes of young men on a work site isn't any better....i struggle to believe how many like to listen to stations that are either solid gold or mix it up to up to 15 to 20 years back......Me? i was always avant garde....music has always been like a drug to me always looking for the next fix......though ive eased up these past few years as most of the torrents sites just pretty much trash out mainstream....all a bore really....

Now that you mention the new iPhone....wait....theres more...ya i knew about the stereo speakers and there louder too i mean that wouldn't mean anything to me, i only ever watched half a game on my phone once when i got caught at my daughters house...at least it was the 6+ no god dam way would i be watching netflix ot a football game on my device....anyway...there is more.....there has been a rumour swirling around for a little while now then it got debunked only to recently resurface .....Samsung WILL....yes WILL WILL be putting out a foldable smart phone.....now how cool is that? I mean why bother? I did once own a foldable Nokia that i was attached to for its very short life....anway making it thicker and smaller only WILL bloge your pocket out more fellas....just not on...but one advantage is you can put your phone down on edge in the bar while your watching Netflix of AFL live without it falling over so thats got to be good right?  Anyway there should be an announcement before the end of the year on the bend it like Beckham smart phone.....You know i do like the Note9.....

Ahhh... it's the annual "Who Punches Above His Weight" Medal.. I mean Brownlow night... 

Alex's young pup Todd Viney probably leading the pack but not too far behind would be Jason Johannison, Jack Gunston from the Hawks also doing pretty well for himself.. Wowee...

Josh Kennedy always doing pretty well for himself as are his fellow Red & White cohorts Parker, Mills and well Buddy's a gun and he's done pretty well for himself too...

Multiple punching above weight medal legend and hall-of-famer, Chris Judd is also in attendance...

I need a cold shower... I mean Chang... Beer... I mean I need a cold beer...

• Like 1

Tell me who in the right mind would watch the Brownlow Medal Count for entertainment value. Maybe I am missing something but I just cannot relate to it at all. Even watching the players and their supposed GF’s arrive in various states of undress makes me feel like a dirty old man for watching it!!!
Sorry just thought I would speak my mind.
And as for previous comments from ALEX!! Firstly Meatloaf I do have their album all be it on ITunes now but the actual album is with one of my children, ABBA’s greatest hits I have also but that was my first wife’s she actually did look like the blond one Anna I think.
I like to listen to JJJ which is my favourite I like new music more than the old I move with the times but then I do keep a cap on it and not go for every new gadget on the market although the reviews save me from looking at C-Net

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Tell me who in the right mind would watch the Brownlow Medal Count for entertainment value. Maybe I am missing something but I just cannot relate to it at all. Even watching the players and...

Put a small bet on. Makes it watchable.

I had some dough on D.Martin to come a place.

Just outside of it. Damn!

Re. Other footy.

It will be interesting to see if they suspend Slater. I think not

Pretty hard to go past Tom Mitchell for the Brownlow last night, poor barsteward's been suffering leather poisoning all year...

Jack Higgins snagged Goal of the Year, Luke Parker pretty stiff (in my not so humble opinion)..

Good to see Isaac Heeney plucking one from the sky to jag Mark of the Year... Definitely one for the highlight reel...

• Like 1

A head shot of Peter Bell posing for a photo.

Former Dockers captain Peter Bell has quit his role as breakfast presenter at ABC Radio Perth and has been named the new general manager of football at Fremantle.

Bell, 42, is stepping down immediately from his position on Fremantle's board and from his media roles to replace long-term football manager Chris Bond at the Dockers.

The club said Bell's appointment was a key plank in the restructure of its football operations, which was foreshadowed in August with the departures of Bond and general manager of list management Brad Lloyd.

Dockers CEO Steve Rosich said Bell would bring a wealth of knowledge of both the game and AFL clubs, along with the energy, drive and desire for the club's success.

17 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

A head shot of Peter Bell posing for a photo.

Former Dockers captain Peter Bell has quit his role as breakfast presenter at ABC Radio Perth and has been named the new general manager of football at Fremantle.

Bell, 42, is stepping down immediately from his position on Fremantle's board and from his media roles to replace long-term football manager Chris Bond at the Dockers.

The club said Bell's appointment was a key plank in the restructure of its football operations, which was foreshadowed in August with the departures of Bond and general manager of list management Brad Lloyd.

Dockers CEO Steve Rosich said Bell would bring a wealth of knowledge of both the game and AFL clubs, along with the energy, drive and desire for the club's success.

Gee's RON he cant see over the fence he's so short....ps taking a footy role is at any club is bound to kill your career stone dead....

Whizzing around at a thousand knots is Hogan is off to Freo....there offer was the Perth Mint...plus the Australia 2 now there thrown in a big fat signing on fee with a set of solid gold steak knifes to boot and a cow he can use them on....

Rumours have a habit of coming true contracted till the end of 2019 and not a free agent im sure so either way Freo has to trade...Dees reported after Dockers no 1 draft pick think its 4 over all, well thats cheap.....we gave Crows last years and this years first round pics for Leaver think Hogan is worth even more if he's going we should be getting the best deal going......

Anyway the report says Dee's wanna give it to GC for May...only trouble is half of the teams in Melb are interested in him too.....then as a side note...Goodwin said he's a Melbourne boy thats it...then Hogans manager recons he is happy in Melbourne.....so ill let you work that one out....

Pederson is now officially a free agent.....at 32 his time in the big league id say is up unless WCE cant find a ruck replacement for Lycet....and they would do ok...better than picking up that North hack a few years ago...Pederson is pretty good if on the ball all day...Tomas Bugg also got the chop, feel sorry for him i feel he played his best footy down back Goodwin persisted playing him forward and as a sometimes mid....sorry Paul knew where to get the best out of him....

Would we miss Hogan? no not really thought he would leave a big hole to fill....one player dont make a team, i thought when he went out and we mixed up the forward structure it threw a few teams off.....my belief was those crucial wins late in the season was the fact that WCE, GWS then later Cats and Hawks weren't to sure about what we were on about...certainly Hogan going out gave us a new edge...Still if he's going to go go now or he should sign a long term contract to kill more idle gossip...

Edited by AlexRRR

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Whizzing around at a thousand knots is Hogan is off to Freo....there offer was the Perth Mint...plus the Australia 2 now there thrown in a big fat signing on fee with a set of solid gold steak knifes to boot and a cow he can use them on....

Rumours have a habit of coming true contracted till the end of 2019 and not a free agent im sure so either way Freo has to trade...Dees reported after Dockers no 1 draft pick think its 4 over all, well thats cheap.....we gave Crows last years and this years first round pics for Leaver think Hogan is worth even more if he's going we should be getting the best deal going......

Anyway the report says Dee's wanna give it to GC for May...only trouble is half of the teams in Melb are interested in him too.....then as a side note...Goodwin said he's a Melbourne boy thats it...then Hogans manager recons he is happy in Melbourne.....so ill let you work that one out....

Pederson is now officially a free agent.....at 32 his time in the big league id say is up unless WCE cant find a ruck replacement for Lycet....and they would do ok...better than picking up that North hack a few years ago...Pederson is pretty good if on the ball all day...Tomas Bugg also got the chop, feel sorry for him i feel he played his best footy down back Goodwin persisted playing him forward and as a sometimes mid....sorry Paul knew where to get the best out of him....

Would we miss Hogan? no not really thought he would leave a big hole to fill....one player dont make a team, i thought when he went out and we mixed up the forward structure it threw a few teams off.....my belief was those crucial wins late in the season was the fact that WCE, GWS then later Cats and Hawks weren't to sure about what we were on about...certainly Hogan going out gave us a new edge...Still if he's going to go go now or he should sign a long term contract to kill more idle gossip...

Word on one of the footy shows last night said the possible transfer to Freo was being driven by Hogan and not the Dee's.

Why he would want to leave Melbourne at this time for Freo astounds me. Reckon he will have a chance at a GF if he stays.

Only signed a contract last year I think. Not that that matters anymore, McGovern from Ade did the same.

Freo will probably get pick 5 for Neale if he goes but it will take more than that methinks.

Neale might not want to go now that Freo will finally have a forward he can kick it to:biggrin:

• Like 2

Yes your right I read it was Hogan driven, it’s go or sign a long term contract....Demons know the story they also know what they want, we need another solid defender more than a full forward, we didn’t miss Hogan when he was out....my only concern is they sell him off cheap a low first round pic is not enough @23 his best years are still ahead of him, make Freo sweat and cough up 2 first round pics....sim Sala bin....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Latest report of the man on Freo's wish list is....he's weighing up his mind to ask for a transfer....what a long drawn out saga this is turning into....

Dean Kent a fringe midfielder at the Dee's has been able to get a 3 year deal out of the Saints....wow blow me down with a feather...he will fit right in with that bunch of under achieving lot...asked for a trade on his exit meeting with Goodwin....dont think the Dee's WILL stand in his way they might even be able to get pick 199 for him....

Dee's have ramped up there interest in Ed Langdon from the Dockers...I have no idea what position he plays or if he's any good though, 2 first round picks and him thrown in would sweeten the almost done deal above...

Cats and Hawks been mention with just about every above average FA going so far...I hope both clubs pick up more and get burned again, a flawed view to build your list this way....Swans Hawks and Cats have not won a flag since luring big name players, dont make sense to top up and pay out big bucks cause by the time you get to player 10 he's on the min wage and either a junior or a hack...that only turns up ever 4th game...

Blues looking to do a Collingwood....attracting a bunch of mid tier players that are just about ready to get out of kindergarten and move into the school yard add the several fine key postion players they have in stock 2020 /21 could see there resurgence....

And my word on the GF....Eagles in a canter....A friend of mine (pie supporter) and a gold what ever member of the AFL gave me a very convincing theory why the Pies WILL win....also gave me a very convincing theory on why the Dee's bombed...Well not out of the realms of possibility though in my mind unlikely im pretty sure a few of them Pie players played the GF last week the Eagles only need to tie up De Groy, Cox is unlikey to do much damage as he's never backed up the next week.....think the Pies WILL keep the Eagles honest for most of the game then its....capoof....her we go here we gooooooo....WILL you be wearing your Eagles sweater cum Saturday when you go to the Udon supermarket to stock up on your crunches for the game WILL?

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Latest report of the man on Freo's wish list is....he's weighing up his mind to ask for a transfer....what a long drawn out saga this is turning into....

Dean Kent a fringe midfielder at the Dee's has been able to get a 3 year deal out of the Saints....wow blow me down with a feather...he will fit right in with that bunch of under achieving lot...asked for a trade on his exit meeting with Goodwin....dont think the Dee's WILL stand in his way they might even be able to get pick 199 for him....

Dee's have ramped up there interest in Ed Langdon from the Dockers...I have no idea what position he plays or if he's any good though, 2 first round picks and him thrown in would sweeten the almost done deal above...

Cats and Hawks been mention with just about every above average FA going so far...I hope both clubs pick up more and get burned again, a flawed view to build your list this way....Swans Hawks and Cats have not won a flag since luring big name players, dont make sense to top up and pay out big bucks cause by the time you get to player 10 he's on the min wage and either a junior or a hack...that only turns up ever 4th game...

Blues looking to do a Collingwood....attracting a bunch of mid tier players that are just about ready to get out of kindergarten and move into the school yard add the several fine key postion players they have in stock 2020 /21 could see there resurgence....

And my word on the GF....Eagles in a canter....A friend of mine (pie supporter) and a gold what ever member of the AFL gave me a very convincing theory why the Pies WILL win....also gave me a very convincing theory on why the Dee's bombed...Well not out of the realms of possibility though in my mind unlikely im pretty sure a few of them Pie players played the GF last week the Eagles only need to tie up De Groy, Cox is unlikey to do much damage as he's never backed up the next week.....think the Pies WILL keep the Eagles honest for most of the game then its....capoof....her we go here we gooooooo....WILL you be wearing your Eagles sweater cum Saturday when you go to the Udon supermarket to stock up on your crunches for the game WILL?

If I was Melbourne, I'd be pissed off with Hogan.

Ed Langdon is a real good young player.

Plays in the midfield.

I reckon the GF is a genuine fitty fitty.

I'd back us at home but away, it evens it up a bit.

Either way, there will be tears of joy or happiness at the Issan dustbowl this Saturday arvo.

• Like 1

Pissed off with Hogan? Ahhh soft fodder, mama’s boys how many are using it as an excuse? “I wanna go home[emoji22]”

Them girly soccer players travel half way around the world to play....plenty of money in Brazil but where do you find half of them? In Europe....and they play for 9 months of the year with midweek games often...they Skype there family they only go home in the 1 month off season.....soft cock lot we got here....

Listen to any NFL game players come from all over the US....but we have pussys playing in the AFL....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Pissed off with Hogan? Ahhh soft fodder, mama’s boys how many are using it as an excuse? “I wanna go homeemoji22.png

Them girly soccer players travel half way around the world to play....plenty of money in Brazil but where do you find half of them? In Europe....and they play for 9 months of the year with midweek games often...they Skype there family they only go home in the 1 month off season.....soft cock lot we got here....

Listen to any NFL game players come from all over the US....but we have pussys playing in the AFL....

I'm hearing you mate.

I reckon the AFL should extend the first contract from 2 to 3 years.

Some of these kids are on great money, getting paid for playing footy,

pretty much living the dream and they say they're homesick.

Tim Kelly from Geelong has just finished his first year and his missus wants to

go back to WA,

Another one, Sam Mitcehell at  West Coast. It's his 2nd year into a contract and his

first as an assistant coach and he's off at the end of the year.

Contracts are no longer worth the paper they're written on.

• Like 1