Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

15 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Is it normal for the captain of the minor premiers to only get the vice-captaincy?

About as normal as giving it to Buddy Franklin in 2018 when the only "true" captain

in the side was Shannon Hurn:angry:

Danger is the VC and only captains when Selwood is not playing.

Mind boggling IMO.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ozzydom said:

I sent a letter to Santa asking for a 2metre power forward capable of kicking 50-60 goals,supported by Weiderman and Fritsch with Kozzie pickett around their feet we might have a decent forward line.????????

Pretty sure there working hard on that one OZZ, like two key forwards are up for grabs, and we havent ever had a problem selling ourselves to players even when we were a basket case...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

I was surprised that Max Gawn was in and Steven May missed out.

I might be critical of Max but the football world isnt, so it was expected, as for Stevie May he didnt get going till around mid season so yep not enough good games.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I might be critical of Max but the football world isnt, so it was expected, as for Stevie May he didnt get going till around mid season so yep not enough good games.... 

Ahhhhhh !!!!!! just seen Darcey Moore at FB....come on....hes ok but he went missing a bit too.....think May was better than Moore....seen enough Pie games to know that...

9 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The F&B pretty much says it all methinks.

Final Leaderboard

385 – Christian Petracca

362 – Steven May

311 – Jack Viney

296 – Ed Langdon

291 – Clayton Oliver

234 – Max Gawn

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

The F&B pretty much says it all methinks.

Final Leaderboard

385 – Christian Petracca

362 – Steven May

311 – Jack Viney

296 – Ed Langdon

291 – Clayton Oliver

234 – Max Gawn

WILL is on the money, Gawn was out a few games haha but not that many seriously looking at that list we must have been more shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttyyyyyy than i thought ....i would have put Gawn second Oliver third and equal May and Langdon.....

Well the news is all over town, Dee's delist the Wagner Bros, one an ex North hack thank you so much Fj and kid bro, how that the older one got the bullet over a few others suprised me, and Dunkley younger bro from the Scrays also told to walk home from Queensland....no flights provided for them....

Viney is out of contract Simon thinks its a done deal for the ball of muscle to resign but you know.....id be happy if he walked.....to predictable....smd doesent do enough damage with the ball when hes got it........and we have enough scrum gatherers in the team still missing midfield flair.....

So it looks like they WILL put a few up for trade....we know the Hawks WILL buy anything....so expect Tom to be going there....since big Jo and lanky Ben WILL hold down key posts at the G in future....

Well maybe the axe isnt droping to many heads as we dont have any draft picks till the third round since they sold there soul to the devil before draft day 2019......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I know FJ thinks he was worth a 4 year deal, but I reckon it was crazy to refuse a 3 year deal on that type of money.

Think 3 years is more than enough for players.

They seem to be holding the clubs to ransom.

In most cases, if he plays well for the first 2 years, they will extend him anyway.

I wonder if Collingwood would like their time again signing Grundy for 7 years at a million plus a year after the year he's had.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I know FJ thinks he was worth a 4 year deal, but I reckon it was crazy to refuse a 3 year deal on that type of money.

Think 3 years is more than enough for players.

They seem to be holding the clubs to ransom.

In most cases, if he plays well for the first 2 years, they will extend him anyway.

I wonder if Collingwood would like their time again signing Grundy for 7 years at a million plus a year after the year he's had.

Agree but then again Ben and his manager thought they were in a pretty good spot didnt they? So why not push for 4, ended up a rude awaking when they realized the club didnt think he was as good as they thought.

Pies cant afford him, a few other club names have been thrown around with big Joe coming on the market 2 key forwards avaliable...I recon my team will have there ears sticking up seeing if they could fit in one of them...im dam sure they are....pretty sure there over Tom MacDonald too and would be happy to see the back of him and its not just for his poor football returns last 2 ys either aparantly he is not shy coming forward, in other words he would give the coach or anyone some stick he is known for making his point of view known so he maybe out of love there the trouble is hes not worth a carcker at the moment unless some one thinks they need a 2cd key defender.

Gawn and Grundy were right up there all year long in fanatsy stats WILL so they at least had the possesions to earn there spot, both guys are a bit on the unusal side as there both still in around mid 20's like even the great Simon Maddern didnt get going untill he was 27 and his bro not long after getting into is late 20s either, im talking about the loping lizard ruckman here, though they tend to be able to run and cover ground these days.....7 years is a lot better then 10 and 10m......Swans are paying premuim for a broken down failing star now....

Word in that vid Oliver isnt happy, yeah id belive it, so something there......The North clean out.....well its like this you either back your coach or get rid of him, so its coach goes or players go, Scott dont look so bad now hey?

Think theres something wrong at North, remindes me of how the Dee's wiped out there team within 2 seasons, not one living experianced player left by the start of year 3, Shaw must be a dill he only has to look at what happend to Dean Bailey, clearning out the team got the bullet think during his 4th or 5th season in charge if he lasted that long they didnt love him anymore and was the fall guy for the board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Rumour is Adam Saad i slinked to Melbourne

Yep, they need another highly paid HBF.

The should try and offload Lever and throw everything at Jeremy Cameron and then go down

the forward totem pole methinks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

1. The past-tense form of the verb 'slink' is 'slunk'  ????

2. In breaking news to warm the heart of Chook/Wendy, Paddy McCartin has been cleared by concussion  experts to play again.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/former-st-kilda-saint-paddy-mccartin-is-ready-willing-and-able-to-return-to-the-afl-20200925-p55z35.html

3. At Victoria's inquiry into the bungled hotel quarantine system yesterday, Premier Daniel Andrews tossed  his Health Minister Jenny Mikakos under the bus, blaming her for the huge mess.   She announced her resignation from parliament this morning

Mikakos suffered Carmel-Lawrence-like memory lapses about who should have done wot when she gave evidence earlier this week.   As head of the ministry, she was either guilty of knowing wot was going on, or guilty of not knowing.   Either way, she had to go.......but shouldn't Dan The Man also have known??   Dunno where the buck stops.

4. I'm not sure if Dean Jones was the first Aussie cricketer to wear sunnies out on the paddock, but he was certainly the first and last to instruct Curtly Ambrose to remove the white sweat bands from his wrists.  RIP Deano.

Wo could forget that Jones/Ambrose classic!
Jones Mind Games  Major Fail

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

So gang

What do we think of the bye?

It's going to help WC this year with our injuries, but I really don't like it.

Probably won the Bulldogs a flag (along with the umpiring a flag) TBH.

Just sucks all of the momentum out of the season I think.

Im okay with the Bye this year

I needed a break from the daily football

• Like 2