UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Same as some of those who voted for it. To think that everyone voted Brexit for the one and same reason as you is delusional. Talking to friends in the UK, it appears that immigration was the main issue.

I suspect it was a combination of both.

My best friend is a uk solicitor, and I was shocked (after I finally asked her what she thought about the brexit referendum) when she apologised and admitted that she was a 'little englander'!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

No, it is what the voters thought...I back what the voters thought as I agree...Is that so hard for you to understand....?

So you know what all 17 million Brexit voters thought? Amazing for someone living in the boonies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I back the voters, as I understand where they are 'coming from' - and more importantly, care about a democratic referendum result that shouldn't be overturned because politicians have decided that this is not in their best interest.....

Or overturned by the British people (3rd referendum) because they have decided that Brexit isn't in their best interests?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Again, some voters. You really must stop assuming that all Brexiteers had the same motives as you. As I said, number 1 motive for voting Brexit was irrational fears about immigration.

Now it is you who are assuming that you know Brexiteers motives. Silly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Or overturned by the British people (3rd referendum) because they have decided that Brexit isn't in their best interests?

I've little against a second referendum (other than it makes a mockery of the first referendum....) as long as the questions asked are:-

1) accept the eu/may deal

2) leave immediately

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Or they've been frightened into believing that no deal will result in armageddon for the uk?

Ask Riam Rudy, who is convinced that the Scottish electorate is frightened by the endless 'expert opinion' fears if Scotland leaves the uk.

• Like 1

I suspect it was a combination of both.

My best friend is a uk solicitor, and I was shocked (after I finally asked her what she thought about the brexit referendum) when she apologised and admitted that she was a 'little englander'!

D/D..
Exactly why should you be shocked and exactly why should your friend have had to apologise for her way of thinking.
As a Solicitor..She obviously has NO criminal record..well educated etc etc.
She is what she is..and THAT IS YOUR FRIEND.

Me..what you get is what you see, if you like I'm a little BRITISHER and proud of the fact.
Old guard..calls a spade a shovel sometimes..always tried to took care of genuine people down in their luck..no time for lazy good for nothing wasters.
Loath the fraudulent corrupt eu jobsworths who want a united states of europe instead of a group of SOVERIGN nations working together for their respective benefits.
Really enjoyed my time with the Spanish people..very fond memories..have nothing against the people of western europe.
One of my best mates over here happens to be a German..he happens to want the afD to do well..he keeps in touch with family back home and talks about the crimes committed by certain recent immigrants.
In his home city..armed cops around schoos...
.a and e depts of hospitals due to lots of nasty incidents.
Anyway..enough for now.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Me..what you get is what you see, if you like I'm a little BRITISHER and proud of the fact.
Old guard..calls a spade a shovel sometimes

Me, I prefer to call a spade a spade (as per the saying). Works for me.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Those who believe there should be another referendum for the sake of democracy must surely also believe that, if the second referendum was a "stay in the EU" victory then there will need to be a third referendum as the score would be 1-1.

First referendum was "remain". Second referendum was "leave". Score is 1-1 now. Third referendum for the decider.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

D/D..
Exactly why should you be shocked and exactly why should your friend have had to apologise for her way of thinking.
As a Solicitor..She obviously has NO criminal record..well educated etc etc.
She is what she is..and THAT IS YOUR FRIEND.

Old guard..calls a spade a shovel sometimes..always tried to took care of genuine people down in their luck..no time for lazy good for nothing wasters.
Loath the fraudulent corrupt eu jobsworths who want a united states of europe instead of a group of SOVERIGN nations working together for their respective benefits.
Really enjoyed my time with the Spanish people..very fond memories..have nothing against the people of western europe.
One of my best mates over here happens to be a German..he happens to want the afD to do well..he keeps in touch with family back home and talks about the crimes committed by certain recent immigrants.
In his home city..armed cops around schoos...
.a and e depts of hospitals due to lots of nasty incidents.
Anyway..enough for now.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"D/D..
As a Solicitor..She obviously has NO criminal record..well educated etc etc."

I was shocked and she was embarrassed at admitting to being a 'little englander" - as we're both more open (? is that the right word) than that.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

First referendum was "remain". Second referendum was "leave". Score is 1-1 now. Third referendum for the decider.

Quite,  and very funny that our politicians have allowed us to descend to this type of argument.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Then it's time to realise that the 'experts' are unable to predict the future - and so start thinking and ascertaining the 'facts' for yourself.

i.e. there are no 'facts' when it comes to the future...

So you agree that it's not a fact that the UK would be better off outside the EU?

On 4/22/2019 at 1:11 PM, transam said:

I think we are looking to block ONE entry point......Others are now embedded in UK society.....Courts can deal with that....Hopefully...

LOL, a major part of the Leave campaign was leafleting British citizens of foreign decent with rhetoric implying that leaving the EU would make it easier for them to bring their family into the UK.

2091083819_Screenshot_2019-04-27VoteLeavewoosBritishAsianswithmigrationleaflets.png.de975868469fb5b28f155b21e8db5664.png

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

LOL, a major part of the Leave campaign was leafleting British citizens of foreign decent with rhetoric implying that leaving the EU would make it easier for them to bring their family into the UK.

2091083819_Screenshot_2019-04-27VoteLeavewoosBritishAsianswithmigrationleaflets.png.de975868469fb5b28f155b21e8db5664.png

I wasn't.....????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Those who believe there should be another referendum for the sake of democracy must surely also believe that, if the second referendum was a "stay in the EU" victory then there will need to be a third referendum as the score would be 1-1.

Its already 1-1, so you must surely believe that there needs to be a third.  Whoops!