UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Quite correct AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME..soon there will be big changes..I take it that you are OK re national security being tweaked a touch???

And you know this how? Did you dream about it, lying in your shed in the boonies last night?

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

If it saves 1 UK citizen's life..it is WELL worth it.
Hopefully as the Brexit and Ukip Parties go from strength to strength .. ID Cards will be introduced in the UK.
If you have nothing to hide..WHY NOT.
Have a lively day.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well basically I think you are stark raving bonkers but never mind.

I still have my original British ID card, have you ? If not get out of the country please.

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I still have my original British ID card, have you ? If not get out of the country please.

He'd need a Thai ID card. Lives in Nakon Nowhere and is clueless about life in the UK today.

29 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

If it saves 1 UK citizen's life..it is WELL worth it.
Hopefully as the Brexit and Ukip Parties go from strength to strength .. ID Cards will be introduced in the UK.
If you have nothing to hide..WHY NOT.
Have a lively day.

Passport to Pimlico?  No thanks.

23 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Not all of us were alive in the 1st world war to get the original ones, were you, really?

And you know this how? Did you dream about it, lying in your shed in the boonies last night?
Best if you mind your own business..lets just say quite a few things are perhaps in the UK pipeline..
Maybe consider them under the " health and safety " umbrella[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]
Have a lovely day

Just now, malagateddy said:

Not a bottle merchant though.
Have a lovely dayemoji6.png

Me neither. Which is why I prefer to stay in the EU.

Better to stay and fight than to run and hide.

1062334692_Thesecolours.png.4e23ca5e5bf075c7e48ce27abe3e8e0b.png

51 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The original was in WWI, ignorance....

856660420_Screenshot_2019-04-28WW1IDCard1915WW1SoldierEquipmentPictures.png.b57ce3beadb78781cfdb47b3e8001699.png

And another one, is because it is Sunday ?  I stated I still have my original ID card. Now perhaps English is not your first language but when I stated "my original" it means the first one issued to me.  Get it ?

But hey ho if you have nothing to add to the thread then why bother ?

45 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And another one, is because it is Sunday ?  I stated I still have my original ID card. Now perhaps English is not your first language but when I stated "my original" it means the first one issued to me.  Get it ?

But hey ho if you have nothing to add to the thread then why bother ?

It was only supposed to be a little joke which also served to inform people of our history of ID cards, you were doing the very same to someone else, where you not?

Now we've cleared that little one up, you posted a link to the cards which started in 1939 and ended in 1952, and were only given to those aged 16 and over.  So, assuming you are telling the truth, and you still have your WWII ID card, you must have been at least 16 in, at the latest, 1952.  So, you must be at least, 82. Well, good on you mate.

Me neither. Which is why I prefer to stay in the EU.

Better to stay and fight than to run and hide.

1062334692_Thesecolours.png.4e23ca5e5bf075c7e48ce27abe3e8e0b.png
17.4 million people voted LEAVE for many many reasons.
Myself..I voted LEAVE as I saw my home city Glasgow going " downhill " due to the " wrong " kind " of immigrants.
Namely..eastern eu citizens..rise in crime rate..the horrible kind!!!!!
Also followers of the " religion of peace " who very quickly began demanding that " religion of peace " educational facilities be built for their children ONLY.
Sadly Labour were the Glasgow City Council for many years until I think 2015/6 when snp took over.
All oh so pc luvvies.
Senior Citizens day centres, libraries, and many other council run facilities closed in last 20 years..but guess what..islamic educational facilities opened up.

Do you honestly blame people for wanting to breakaway from the eu.

As far as I am concerned..the BRITISH people come FIRST.!!!!!tapatalk_1555296138800.jpegtapatalk_1549421513074.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It was only supposed to be a little joke which also served to inform people of our history of ID cards, you were doing the very same to someone else, where you not?

Now we've cleared that little one up, you posted a link to the cards which started in 1939 and ended in 1952, and were only given to those aged 16 and over.  So, assuming you are telling the truth, and you still have your WWII ID card, you must have been at least 16 in, at the latest, 1952.  So, you must be at least, 82. Well, good on you mate.

I can see that reading is not your strong point. Therefore for your benefit an extract from that link;

"Children under 16 were issued with Identity Cards but they were to be kept by their parents "

And just to reiterate I stated in my earlier post "my original id card"

All clear now ?

26 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I can see that reading is not your strong point. Therefore for your benefit an extract from that link;

"Children under 16 were issued with Identity Cards but they were to be kept by their parents "

And just to reiterate I stated in my earlier post "my original id card"

All clear now ?

Ok, but please tell me, why is it that you expect someone to have something that their parent possessed and became defunct almost 70 years ago, and why do you feel that they should leave the country if they haven't held on to this utterly useless piece of paper?

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Myself..I voted LEAVE as I saw my home city Glasgow going " downhill " due to the " wrong " kind " of immigrants.
Also followers of the " religion of peace " who very quickly began demanding that " religion of peace " educational facilities be built for their children ONLY.
Sadly Labour were the Glasgow City Council for many years until I think 2015/6 when snp took over.
All oh so pc luvvies.
Senior Citizens day centres, libraries, and many other council run facilities closed in last 20 years..but guess what..islamic educational facilities opened up.

As far as I am concerned..the BRITISH people come FIRST.!!!!!tapatalk_1555296138800.jpegtapatalk_1549421513074.jpeg

Throughout the period since open borders have been introduced, nowhere in Scotland has the crime rate reduce by more than in Glasgow.  And what is the link between your Islamophobia and the EU?  I just don't get it.

1405881481_Screenshot_2019-04-28OverallcrimerateTheGlasgowIndicatorsProject.png.0e870b2ec0a9b0660b68f0f9e00a6cdf.png

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

All oh so pc luvvies.

None of which would be resolved by leaving the EU. The denegration of council services over the last ten years is entirely down to the Tory government starving non Tory councils of money and putting ridiculous demands on them as to where they spent their money.

Don't blame the "followers of the religion of peace ", blame the Tory government.

BTW. The Islamic schools are entirely privately funded by Moslems, often Saudi Arabia, not by local councils.

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Ok, but please tell me, why is it that you expect someone to have something that their parent possessed and became defunct almost 70 years ago, and why do you feel that they should leave the country if they haven't held on to this utterly useless piece of paper?

There are 2 questions there. Firstly the id card belonged to the person named therein but children under 16 were considered just that, so hence their parents or guardians were responsible for ensuring the card could be produced upon request when asked, hence it was issued to the parents(or guardian.)  As a consequence it was retained and like so much other personal paraphernalia I still have it.

On the second point the poster was suggesting that all should have id cards and I suspect at this time he himself does not.

Now as before when I suggested you had reading difficulties with respect to the issuance of id cards to the under 16s you appear to have magnified the point by attempting to change my statements.

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Maybe the people you wrote about did not have a good career  development opportunity so hence those from the EU came with a better , more skillfull approach and/or had better work ethics ? 

That's the problem you see, when jobs are unfortunately lost people often look towards someone else to blame it on, not look in the mirror.

To my knowledge most of those involved became dependent on various benefits including housing and council tax costs. A couple of them never worked again as they were in their 50s at the time.

Tax paying Joe Bloggs (you) had to fork out for those benefits.

Those fellows through no fault of their own and due to circumstances beyond their control became an unnecessary burden to the tax payer.  The only British winner was the employer who acquired a bargain basement work force.

What actually is a 'career  development opportunity' and how does a British manual worker go about getting one?

I've never heard of a career  development opportunity before so I'd be grateful if you'd care to enlighten me. Is it some sort of guidance scheme or a course someone can attend?

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

So in 2004 we had a minimum wage of 4.85 and after 15 years of open borders and Eastern Europeans dragging our wages down the minimum wage has doubled and is now 8.21, clearly something to worry about.

Painters in 2004 were earning between 8 and 10 pounds per hour, you only have to take a look on the job center website to see what they are earning now, up to 18 pounds per hour, and there are a lot of jobs going.  No one was earning 30 pounds in 2004, not unless they were working part time or illegally.

I am sorry but your two anecdotes don't tell us much, perhaps your mates are numpties.

Hordes of Eastern European workers flooded the UK at the time. Most worked on a casual cash in hand basis especially in the building and cleaning trades and lived four to a room often warm bedding. 

The 30 quid a day they received was in the region of eight times of what they'd get back working in Eastern Europe. They'd hit the jackpot and the last thing they bothered about was whether or not it was legal.

The same goes for the gang masters and those who benefit from paying such paltry wages instead of employing regular British labour.

And you're a bit of a rude, ignorant pig referring to people you don't even know as 'numpties'

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t think it’s you or “a native Briton” who decides what a “realistic”

wage is. The market decides that. 

Therein lies the problem from EU freedom of movement. When the unskilled jobs market is flooded with Eastern and Southern EU low wage slaves, the market does decide on low wages which native Britons cannot survive on, even if they could get those jobs. Hence native unemployment and benefits, which the rest of us have to support through taxes.    

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

All oh so pc luvvies.

you make glasgow out to be peace on earth,they invited the knife crime we now see in london,nowt to do with EU immigration or the odd mosque here and there as usual with you everything is germany or the EUs fault and yours brits shit dont stink mentality,glasgow was one of the most violent cities in europe long before the UK joined the EEC/EU and still remains so.

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Hordes of Eastern European workers flooded the UK at the time. Most worked on a casual cash in hand basis especially in the building and cleaning trades and lived four to a room often warm bedding. 

The 30 quid a day they received was in the region of eight times of what they'd get back working in Eastern Europe. They'd hit the jackpot and the last thing they bothered about was whether or not it was legal.

The same goes for the gang masters and those who benefit from paying such paltry wages instead of employing regular British labour.

i think you mean hordes flooded London not the whole of the UK,ive yet to meet a eastern european builder,the odd taxi driver yes and my local car wash they are all turkish and must be legal as if not they would of been shut down years ago otherwise,these types help the economy if we get the balance correct,slave labour has its perks take a look at dubai they didnt do badly out of it.

52 minutes ago, bomber said:

i think you mean hordes flooded London not the whole of the UK,ive yet to meet a eastern european builder,the odd taxi driver yes and my local car wash they are all turkish and must be legal as if not they would of been shut down years ago otherwise,these types help the economy if we get the balance correct,slave labour has its perks take a look at dubai they didnt do badly out of it.

What's so good about 'dubai' and why should I want to take a look at it. I've no intention of ever visiting the Middle East, I don't even use their airlines out of principle when traveling to the LOS.

I don't think the exploitation by Saudi and other oil rich Arabian countries of third world cheap labour from countries such as the PI is much of an example to follow. Especially when in our country it consigns our own workers to the scrap heap.

Filipino nursing staff in UK hospitals rightly get the same pay as anyone else.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Therein lies the problem from EU freedom of movement. When the unskilled jobs market is flooded with Eastern and Southern EU low wage slaves, the market does decide on low wages which native Britons cannot survive on, even if they could get those jobs. Hence native unemployment and benefits, which the rest of us have to support through taxes.    

the minimum wage has shot up in recent years and for normal folks its enough but someone wanting to visit spoons 5-7 days a week and is fond of a sniff its not enough,there are also more than enough part time jobs around to supplement a low wage,again your blaming the EU for peoples failure's,typical whinging brexiteer 

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

What's so good about 'dubai' and why should I want to take a look at it. I've no intention of ever visiting the Middle East, I don't even use their airlines out of principle when traveling to the LOS.

I don't think the exploitation by Saudi and other oil rich Arabian countries of third world cheap labour from countries such as the PI by SA is much of an example to follow. Especially when in our country it consigns our own workers to the scrap heap.

Filipino nursing staff in UK hospitals rightly get the same pay as anyone else.

out of principle ???????????? jesus christ you have got issue's,yet you visit thailand and we all know its one of the most racist,greedy,undemocratic,corrupt nations on the planet,youf deffo a pedigree bulldog,i bet you kit the girls out in england shirt union jack shorts if not a onesie

Archived