UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You may have a point, as I hope the electorate is beginning to realise the lies told to them by our govt. - but this is just a small step.

Which is why I said "The brexit referendum result gives us hope that things may change."

Lots of people have realized they were sold lies, such as the 3 million Muslim Leave voters, only 27% of which say they would still vote Leave in another referendum.

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2019/02/11/british-muslims-regret-brexit-choice/

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

A good speech....

Love the way he attempts to use the Ottoman empires genocide as reasoning to prevent them from joining the EU, perhaps he has forgotten the Pacification of Libya and the genocide of 125,000 people at the hands of their Italian rulers, the war crimes Italy committed there, the execution of prisoners of war, the purposeful targeting of civilians and the use of indiscriminate chemical weapons, a genocide which resulted in the loss of 25% of Libya's Cyenaican population and was AFTER the Ottoman genocide.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Love the way he attempts to use the Ottoman empires genocide as reasoning to prevent them from joining the EU, perhaps he has forgotten the Pacification of Libya and the genocide of 125,000 people at the hands of their Italian rulers, the war crimes Italy committed there, the execution of prisoners of war, the purposeful targeting of civilians and the use of indiscriminate chemical weapons, a genocide which resulted in the loss of 25% of Libya's Cyenaican population and was AFTER the Ottoman genocide.

Well us Brits have not brought up the German stuff have we, British gentlemanly posture....Just shows how different EU countries are, eh....?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think it would be fair to say that some of our leaders were a little liberal with the truth, but most leavers still saw through this and still voted to leave.

With regard to the link I posted, are you claiming that those who saw through the Tory parties predictions of Brexit and voted leave but now in their millions state that they would vote remain in a second referendum, have taken all this time to come around and believe the original Tory stance?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well us Brits have not brought up the German stuff have we, British gentlemanly posture....Just shows how different EU countries are, eh....?

Brits like this one?

https://www.shoutoutuk.org/2018/09/28/the-european-union-nazi-agenda/

Only a complete fool would attempt to slur Churchill's plan to unite Europe and prevent another war by bringing up the very issue which spurned his idea.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

With regard to the link I posted, are you claiming that those who saw through the Tory parties predictions of Brexit and voted leave but now in their millions state that they would vote remain in a second referendum, have taken all this time to come around and believe the original Tory stance?

There has been NO new leave/remain vote.....Have you been out with your A board again.....

theend2.jpg.ef15c573dcef110428e87fb0951e8f23.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, transam said:

There has been NO new leave/remain vote.....Have you been out with your A board again.....

theend2.jpg.ef15c573dcef110428e87fb0951e8f23.jpg

our choice of post is rather ironic considering the proportion of the Leave campaign based on scaremongering.

And no, we have not had another referendum yet, well spotted, but tens of thousands of people have been interviewed and I am sure you know full well that every poll has demonstrated the same, that Leave voters are changing their minds whereas Remain voters are not, isn't that your fear of a second referendum, that you know it extremely unlikely that Leave would win?

Y

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

What I am saying is written above my video to which I posted.

You are the one who seems fixated on something that someone said three years ago, you would I imagine know that there are certainly two sides to every story, but some posters on here only like to use the one that suits their criteria. We are where we are now, not three years ago, and no matter how many times you want to go back and revisit chapter one of the Brexit saga, it will not change anything.

The nation as a whole voted to leave the EU and was promised by parliament that they would honour the leave referendum, but as things come to pass our illustrious MPs lied, from both sides of the house. It is a remain parliament.

It has at least showed how useless our two major political parties are, I just hope something positive will come out of this, British politics is broken, it has shown that it is not fit for purpose, the new Brexit party is showing great signs of changing all that. Maybe we can restore some pride back into our country and most importantly let us not forget what democracy is all about.

Since when was democracy about the will of the 52%?

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way."  Nigel Farage.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way."  Nigel Farage.

So why has Farage started his own party....?

Farage has decimated the EU with speeches....?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You have just returned to a land over 3 years ago, as usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

What a daft post...

At the time of the referendum voters just wanted the UK out of the EU clutches how ever the Gov did it..

I find it strange that folk like you do not understand that....????

The daft are those that fail to recognise that things have changed since the referendum. The grass is not so green as it once was.

43 minutes ago, nauseus said:

One million tops.

Good guess. Roughly 3.5m Muslims in UK. Voted 70-30 to remain. Given a 70% turnout is roughly 740k voted leave.

Edited by Spidey