Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

On 7/29/2020 at 4:25 AM, torturedsole said:

No deity exists in any form in the cosmos or ether.  If anything exists beyond the realms of our knowledge then it's nothing more than energy.  

Muddying the waters with religious incarnations doesn't help the progress of humankind.    

What you say is completely devoid of logic. If it's beyond the realms of your knowledge, how can you say what it is and what it isn't ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

What you say is completely devoid of logic. If it's beyond the realms of your knowledge, how can you say what it is and what it isn't ?

No! What you can't do is dream something up that is totally outrageous, write a book about and then tell everyone they have to believe in it, unless they can prove otherwise......religions to a T.............All religions just prey on weak minded idiots in order to extract money or exert power.

13 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

No! What you can't do is dream something up that is totally outrageous, write a book about and then tell everyone they have to believe in it, unless they can prove otherwise......religions to a T.............All religions just prey on weak minded idiots in order to extract money or exert power.

While I can agree with you on the dark side of all religions, I believe in the existence of an intelligent design, while thinking that humans are the greatest form of intelligence in all the visible and invisible worlds is incredibly arrogant and short-sighted imho.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, torturedsole said:

No deity exists in any form in the cosmos or ether.  If anything exists beyond the realms of our knowledge then it's nothing more than energy.  

Muddying the waters with religious incarnations doesn't help the progress of humankind.    

Energy is the basis of everything in the universe. Not a stretch to believe that God is energy.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Energy is the basis of everything in the universe. Not a stretch to believe that God is energy.

Right, but is that "energy" self conscious ? I believe it is.

21 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Right, but is that "energy" self conscious ? I believe it is.

If It is amalgamated into an entity, yes. We work because of the energy in our brains that "thinks". I believe that God could be a fusion of all the energy in the universe, which is why I see God in nature.

However, I don't think the energy that makes my shaver work has self conciousness.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If It is amalgamated into an entity, yes. We work because of the energy in our brains that "thinks". I believe that God could be a fusion of all the energy in the universe, which is why I see God in nature.

However, I don't think the energy that makes my shaver work has self conciousness.

Well, I don't really disagree with you, but as far as I know, we haven't be able yet to physically locate our human consciousness; consciousness would likely, imho, survive even if the whole humankind should be physically exterminated.

And why the electricity which we have managed to harness for various purposes would be not part of the energy which permeates the whole universe ?

On 6/16/2020 at 9:46 AM, Tagged said:

Every blond blue eyed jesus pic and statues, have to be taken down, and replaced with correct colours

Exactly. Nobody knows what he looked like so how can there possibly be pictures and statues of him. That is blasphemy and idolatry. 

The Bible teaches that Christ made a once for all perfect sacrifice for sin on Calvary. A true Christian must fully repent, confess his/iher sins and accept Jesus Christ as his/her Saviour. And sin no more. 

No mention of Purgatory, indulgences, masses for the dead etc. 

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

It was God that gave me my sense of humour.  Who are you to argue with God?  ????

Lol, cannot disagree with that kind of logic, and humour can keep people alive in difficult times ☺

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I have always believed that everything is predestined ,you live you die ,you go back to the earth just like the leaves and trees etc you become soil and fertilizer for the next batch of growth ,nice to believe in God and that you will see your relatives when you die ,but its just a dream .

Dna lives forever

The Bible makes claims about the creation of the universe, the nature of the God who created the universe and reigns supremely over it, and the fate of mankind. If these claims are true, then the Bible is the most important book in the history of mankind. If the Bible is true, then it holds the answers to life’s biggest questions: “From where did I come?” “Why am I here?” and “What happens to me when I die?” The importance of the Bible’s message demands it receive fair consideration, and the truthfulness of its message is observable, testable, and able to withstand scrutiny.

The writers of the Bible claim that the Bible is God’s very Word. The apostle Paul writes that “all Scripture is God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16). That is to say, all the words recorded in the original writing of Scripture originated from the mouth of God before ever reaching the minds and pens of the biblical writers. The apostle Peter also writes that “prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21). The phrase “carried along” is indicative of a sail being propelled by the wind. That is, the writing of Scripture was directed by the Holy Spirit. The Bible does not originate with man and is, then, a product of God and carries the authority of God.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Why only one son? Surely God can have as many sons as he wants. Wouldn't it be more sensible to have a few thousand sons, one in each of the many different regions of the world, each preaching the same message within the different language and culture of the many different regions? Wouldn't that significantly reduce religious conflict?

Your God doesn't seem at all smart to me. ????

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 2:52 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The source of most of the energy on Earth, including the chemical energy in your body and the electrical energy to power your shaver comes from the Sun. The Sun's energy is just transferred and/or converted from one form of energy to another. 

17 hours ago, Elad said:

The source of most of the energy on Earth, including the chemical energy in your body and the electrical energy to power your shaver comes from the Sun. The Sun's energy is just transferred and/or converted from one form of energy to another. 

and where did the sun come from?

On 8/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, bert bloggs said:

I have always believed that everything is predestined ,you live you die ,you go back to the earth just like the leaves and trees etc you become soil and fertilizer for the next batch of growth ,nice to believe in God and that you will see your relatives when you die ,but its just a dream .

Relatives are of the earth. Who is to say that we live on as individuals in the after life?

I believe that our life force returns to the force from whence it came, but we are not individuals as we understand it here.

19 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Why only one son? Surely God can have as many sons as he wants. Wouldn't it be more sensible to have a few thousand sons, one in each of the many different regions of the world, each preaching the same message within the different language and culture of the many different regions? Wouldn't that significantly reduce religious conflict?

Your God doesn't seem at all smart to me. ????

Smart enough to create life the universe and everything, which makes God a whole lot smarter than every human that ever lived and ever will live.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:58 PM, Surelynot said:

Actually, humans having free will can do anything they like. You, of course have the free will not to believe in the book or religion, but you don't have the right to impose your belief on everyone else. Even dictators have not been able to control people's minds.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, Leaver said:

Well, that probably just goes to show God likes Soi 6 also.  ????????  (note the second smiley to make sure your saw the first smiley)  

I doubt God has any human emotions and therefore IMO doesn't like or dislike anything.

However, I like the Islamic rule that anything that is not banned is permitted. I have yet to read anything in the sayings of the Christ banning Soi 6, prostitution, or having a good time in Soi 6 with prostitutes. In fact The Christ had a prostitute follower.