Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

7 hours ago, Sunmaster said:
7 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

This is a complicated metaphysical question. 
All the ancient wisdom traditions speak of a universal consciousness, the ground of all Being, All-That-Is, also known as "God"....which is eternal, outside of time and space, always present, that which always IS, that which needs no creator and is the creator of all. 

How did they come to this conclusion?
Our consciousness is not a fixed thing. It can be shifted and expanded. There are many different approaches on how to achieve this (I have some experience with some of them). Those who dedicate their lives to this goal (or some who are very "lucky" = blessed) can go very far into expanding their consciousness. So far so, that their individual consciousness (self) merges with the universal consciousness (SELF), thus literally becoming ONE with it. Often it's a temporary state (peak experience or awakening), occasionally it's irreversible (enlightenment). They are called wise men, sages, saints, Buddhas if they share their wisdom....or they can be your next door neighbor if they prefer to keep it to themselves. 

Ramana Maharshi answered a question from a visitor.
"How should we treat others?"
"There are no others"

What he meant was that ultimately, when the individual self becomes one with the SELF, it realizes that the SELF is all there is....there are no others (or anything) beyond the SELF. It's a matter of perspective.

My drawing...
pic 3.jpg

Matter (the body) is the vehicle consciousness (not conscience) uses to play the grand game of creation. 
The way I understand it, is that everything is infused with consciousness, from the tiniest of particles to the the vastness of the universe. 
If you're interested in the subject, I suggest looking up the info online. It's out there and has been for a very long time. 

The science on neurons is interesting when it comes consciousness. Practicing meditation can make new neurons, as diet and exercise, and also cure depression by simple thought processes. Science helped me through long depression creating new neurones I believe, by just knowing and believe I could do. During the process I got a little understanding of what you and others describing, and the process continues  more a maintenance and maintaining process than digging deeper. 

https://bigthink.com/neuropsych/adult-neurons-unique/#Echobox=1664082501

On 9/26/2022 at 12:31 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

There's a word for those who focus on themselves.  It has nothing to do with finding or being God.  It's called "narcissism."

IMO you confuse self with thinking only about oneself.

I'd never start the search for self, given it's too hard, but I try to understand the concepts.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:15 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

With all due respect, that is patently false.  It's called pantheism, and is closely related to panentheism. 

God is not the universe, and the creatures that He has made are not God.  He did not create Himself.

God made me, but I am not God.  If I made a computer, I would not be the computer.  Simple.  God and His creation are separate entities.

If God could or had created Himself, we're back full circle to circular reasoning--which can never hope to guide us out of the desert wasteland we find ourselves in seeking for truth.  It's like a dog chasing its tail.

No, everything is not God.  To believe so is to accept that one should worship every object, every creature, including every human--even oneself. 

I know better, and everyone should be able to think clearly enough to realize that this cannot be the reality.

I'm sorry, I must have missed it.  I haven't been able to read all the posts, especially not the back-and-forth that seemed to be between others having nothing to do with my contributions to this discussion.  Tag me or respond to me and I will be more likely to see it.  (I don't see any post of yours on this page about the apocalypse...how far back was it?)

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but some of us travel a different path to the same destination.

I believe that we and everything in the universe is created by and part of God. However, I obviously do not believe that God is controlling us or the universe. God created it all and left it and us to exist as best we can till such time as we return to God.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:57 AM, Hummin said:

After my best understanding, if there is a godly force, there must be possible to prove it physically to,  not only spiritually?

NO. Perhaps in the future, if humans exist long enough, they will have the tools to provide an answer to that question, but as of now, human science is far too primitive to do so.

After all, science can't stop us killing each other, so why would anyone consider science capable of explaining even more difficult things?

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After all, science can't stop us killing each other, so why would anyone consider science capable of explaining even more difficult things?

Using the same logic, neither people's gods nor anything else can stop us killing each other at the moment either, so why would anyone assume that god was capable of creating all that is?

16 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Using the same logic, neither people's gods nor anything else can stop us killing each other at the moment either, so why would anyone assume that god was capable of creating all that is?

I don't know why would anyone assume that the intelligent design of the universe would have happened just "by chance".

It is rational imho to concede that there's intelligence

(consciousness) in the order of the universe. 

How to define that intelligence is open to one's imagination, but it's rather unscientific to assume that intelligence ( or consciousness) is born from matter.

9 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I don't know why would anyone assume that the intelligent design of the universe would have happened just "by chance".

It is rational imho to concede that there's intelligence

(consciousness) in the order of the universe. 

How to define that intelligence is open to one's imagination, but it's rather unscientific to assume that intelligence ( or consciousness) is born from matter.

Another poster has said that their god kept assembling things until something worked. That's a combination of both a higher being and chance. Others say it was god willing everything into existence (so no chance involved at all). Science tries to find answers. Over the timescale of human existence, sciences' known, provable discoveries have mostly been very recent and they mostly go against the likelihood of the existence of an all powerful god. However, that depends on your definition of god.

To say that intelligence cannot come from matter is equally as closed minded as the opposite. Right now it is not provable either way, but with new knowledge, the trend away from what most people have defined as god is pretty clear. To not believe in god is extrapolating that trend. It could be wrong, but right now it is not provable either way.

I would be delighted if a breakthrough moment in science (or any other field) led us to prove that a god (a higher intelligence that caused the whole universe to be) existed. I would be equally delighted if it proved the opposite. I love to learn, to gain knowledge. Not knowing exactly where that knowledge will take me is all part of the enjoyment. Others assume that this journey of mine has never included anything that might be termed spiritual or faith based. More fool them.

In other words, I'm not looking for evidence to only support what I currently believe. It's just that with the knowledge I have today, the answer to the OPs question remains no. The answer could change. I'm not sure that all posters here could say the same. Rather their definition of what god is might change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Another poster has said that their god kept assembling things until something worked. That's a combination of both a higher being and chance. Others say it was god willing everything into existence (so no chance involved at all). Science tries to find answers. Over the timescale of human existence, sciences' known, provable discoveries have mostly been very recent and they mostly go against the likelihood of the existence of an all powerful god. However, that depends on your definition of god.

To say that intelligence cannot come from matter is equally as closed minded as the opposite. Right now it is not provable either way, but with new knowledge, the trend away from what most people have defined as god is pretty clear. To not believe in god is extrapolating that trend. It could be wrong, but right now it is not provable either way.

I would be delighted if a breakthrough moment in science (or any other field) led us to prove that a god (a higher intelligence that caused the whole universe to be) existed. I would be equally delighted if it proved the opposite. I love to learn, to gain knowledge. Not knowing exactly where that knowledge will take me is all part of the enjoyment. Others assume that this journey of mine has never included anything that might be termed spiritual or faith based. More fool them.

In other words, I'm not looking for evidence to only support what I currently believe. It's just that with the knowledge I have today, the answer to the OPs question remains no. The answer could change. I'm not sure that all posters here could say the same. Rather their definition of what god is might change.

Natural science is good for studying matter, but when it comes to investigate consciousness it's almost useless. 

Consciousness is often dismissed as "electrical impulses", sorry,  but I'm not satisfied with that.

As humans, compared to minerals, plants and animals, we have the potential to expand our consciousness, but concepts like infinitity/eternity are out of reach, and most probably it will be that way as long as we are in a physical body.

As for your knowledge, which is surely above average, wouldn't it be more correct to say that you cannot prove, and neither disprove the existence of God? 

I cannot prove the existence of God, but i can see forces at work in the universe, or intelligent designs, and those forces are interconnected in many ways.

Should i assume that those forces are not intelligent, and highly conscious, because they don't have a human body ?

That would be a mistake imho.

23 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Natural science is good for studying matter, but when it comes to investigate consciousness it's almost useless. 

Hard to disagree with that as things stand today. Continue the upward trend in our ability to apply science and it might not stay that way for too long.

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Consciousness is often dismissed as "electrical impulses", sorry,  but I'm not satisfied with that.

If you take that statement as is it's too easy to compare the electrical impulses in the brain to those in an integrated circuit. We are nowhere near being able to emulate the power of a human brain, and so we are nowhere near fully understanding, but we are getting closer. Go back just 50 years and the processors of today might have been considered "god-like" back then. It's all a matter or perspective.

wouldn't it be more correct to say that you cannot prove, and neither disprove the existence of God? 

God as written in the bible.... I'd be happy to place a bet today. god as in anything that could be considered a higher power.... I totally agree that I can neither prove nor disprove. However I can use my understanding and consciousness to believe one way or the other in the same way as you can, and we can be diametrically opposed in those beliefs. I'm fine with that too.

but i can see forces at work in the universe, or intelligent designs, and those forces are interconnected in many ways.

Take out the words "intelligent designs" and I'd 100% agree. That's the crux of the argument though. What you believe must have been an intelligent design, I believe could have other origins.

Should i assume that those forces are not intelligent, and highly conscious, because they don't have a human body ?

That would be a mistake imho.

I'd agree. It would also be a mistake to assume an alternative too if you said it was fact.

I guess the summary is, without 100% proof, nobody here can claim that anyone's belief is wrong. When that belief is mainly based on other beliefs that are just as "out of this world" then, at that point I'd start calling them fairy tales. I'm not including you in that category.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I guess the summary is, without 100% proof, nobody here can claim that anyone's belief is wrong. When that belief is mainly based on other beliefs that are just as "out of this world" then, at that point I'd start calling them fairy tales.

If we observe the different levels of consciousness in the living beings which share this planet with us humans, we can come to the conclusion that there's no limit to the expansion of the human consciousness .

Animals who live close to humans can develop human qualities. 

The simple fact that most humans can rise above the " animal consciousness " is for me clear evidence that we can rise above " human consciousness " too. The fact that we can detect all those different levels of consciousness, is for me evidence that consciousness exists independently from matter.

One could even say that matter is a state, or a form of consciousness. 

It's quite possible that our solar system will cease to exist at some point, but look at how many stars in the sky, some of those are possibly inhabited by more or less conscious beings.

So, given that i decide to call all that is " God", it would be silly even trying to describe it with the information available at the moment. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, Hummin said:

Wow, where to start? It seems everything you write and what you think, fall back on yourself and your conviction and thought process like a boomerang. You are so confident, so convinced about your own reality and your own experiences and try to make me doubt my own reality as I see it and as I experience it. 

If what you really mean to say is true, Im doing good, Im perfectly fine where I am searching my reality inside as outside in the nature creating harmony for my self and the people around me. I actually do what I am supposed to do! 

Thank you, you are a true blessing ????

Hummin, there is nothing I write that attempts to deny your own reality.  Everything I write is to get you to see that there is more to your reality than what you see.  Everything I write is an offering of how reality actually works and I do it in such a way where you can choose to understand it or not.  No pushing on my part.

You've let it be known that you've suffered severe depression.  Severe enough to seek professional help.  And it worked for you.  Now I'm not going to be so foolish as to try and deny your reality, or deny the reality that the help you sought and utilised was of benefit to you.  You have also once questioned why you would want to know any of the information I offer.  So here I will put the information I offer into a practical context which would answer your question of why you would want to know using subject matter which you no doubt can easily relate to.

To recap, the fundamental law of creation is that one creates their own reality.  The mechanism, or the specific means by which this is accomplished is through ideas.  Ideas are the building blocks used to create one's life.  Ideas which are predominant, or oft repeated to one's self, become what is commonly known as beliefs.  Feelings and imagination flow from beliefs.  Feelings are largely caused by beliefs.  And again, imagination also largely follows beliefs.  Ideas and beliefs are composed of energy.  They have power.  And finally, there are only two things anyone can ever think about - what is wanted and what is unwanted.

The above is about as basic an explanation as can be given.  But even with this skeletal explanation one can then begin to understand that depression, for instance, which is an emotion, is in essence nothing more than an "uncontrollable," persistent and predominant focus on those ideas which produce negative emotion.  And those ideas, which are apt to be very broad in their scope, all revolve around what is not wanted rather than what is wanted.  It really is that simple.

Now you may assume that I know nothing of depression and therefore have little idea about the subject.  Au contraire.  I, too, have suffered from severe depression in my life.  I know this subject matter most intimately.  Fortunately for me I was able to use the tools of understanding those points which I've recapped and have freed myself from depression's most viscous and agonising cycle.  I ultimately recognised and understood the true source of my emotions and was then able to purposely choose those thoughts which were in alignment with happiness.  And which then produced the positive and beneficial emotions which naturally flow from those thoughts.  These days depressive thoughts are rare for me and when they do assail me I can quickly counter those depressive thoughts.  Now I might get depressed for a few minutes at most.

There is one aspect in all of this that still goes unaddressed.  Positive thinking was very much in vogue a few decades ago, with many books written on the power of positive thinking.  Yet what was missing from this trend of "new age" thinking was the question of what to do with negative thoughts.  You can't simply sweep them under the rug and pretend they're gone forever.

In order to address the negative thoughts and how to handle them requires even more understanding of the nature of our reality and ourselves.  And that particular understanding involves what it is that we consider real or not real.  And here I must once again provide a quote by Seth from an earlier post:

Certainly for the more than the hundredth time I say, "Your beliefs form your reality," and this means that your beliefs structure the events you know.

Such experience then convinces you more thoroughly of the reality you perceive until a vicious circle is formed, in which all events mirror beliefs so perfectly that no leeway seems to appear between the two.

I've explained before that beliefs create reality.  Or perhaps it's easiest to think in terms of experience here instead.  Reality becomes what reality is believed to be.  Within the limits which define our reality's boundaries, of course.  Again, you cannot regenerate a lost limb.  But to carry on I'll repeat myself; reality becomes what reality is believed to be.  A poor man believes he is poor and thus that belief becomes his lived reality, or experience of reality.  His belief in poverty becomes a condition of reality rather than a belief about reality.  A wealthy man believes he is wealthy and thus that belief becomes his lived reality, or experience of reality.  His belief in wealth becomes a condition of reality rather than a belief about reality.

Now it's quite obvious that both realities exist and that both are equally valid.  Thoughts and beliefs are what create each lived experience.  It cannot be any other way.  This is the law of the land.  So one might see a paradox here.  How is it possible for two opposite realities to exist simultaneously?  And another question arising from that then might be, "What is real and what is not?"

The answer to that paradoxical question is that there exists more than one reality.  In this case it is a reality of poverty and an equally valid reality of wealth.  Whichever of these two realities someone experiences as their lived experience will be the one they believe in.  Therefore that is the answer to the dilemma of what to do with negative thoughts.  It is, again, the simple realisation that there exist many numbers of realities, all equally valid.  Which one someone chooses is always up to them, decided upon using the same free will we are all imbued with.

It is important to note that a switch in belief means quite literally that a switch in experience will surely follow.  If this were not true then it would be possible for anything to ever change.  We would be frozen within an unalterable reality for eternity.

So as I've pointed out before, one must put themselves in a position of questioning their beliefs to uncover for themselves whether or not any particular belief they hold is a condition of reality or simply a belief about reality.  That is, if one were interested in understanding the "why anyone would want to know" question and so make a conscious choice which is to their benefit rather than to their detriment.

Edited by Tippaporn

21 hours ago, Woof999 said:

What are you on about? If God gave us freedom of choice to do as we wish, why would God intervene in human affairs?

20 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I would be delighted if a breakthrough moment in science (or any other field) led us to prove that a god (a higher intelligence that caused the whole universe to be) existed. I would be equally delighted if it proved the opposite.

If God was scientifically proven, would it make any difference to people's lives?

IMO it would be as relevant to people's lives as the latest discovery in the Hadron Collider, which IMO makes zero difference to all but a few scientists.

IMO the only thing that God could do that would make a difference to people would be if God sent a lightning bolt to destroy the Vatican, and shouted about rich people not being able to enter heaven.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed they can. They learn to suck up to their human so they get a nice life and fed regularly. Dogs are very good at sucking up, cats not so much.

You don't like dogs too much, do you? ????

Yet, if we look at the "history of the dog & humans", we can assume that dogs have been good allies in the human's struggles to survive, prosper, and create and develop a more and more sophisticated society. 

But my point was that, evolved mammals,  living in the proximity of humans, can develop human qualities, in some case quite surprisingly. 

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed they can. They learn to suck up to their human so they get a nice life and fed regularly. Dogs are very good at sucking up, cats not so much.

Cats can and do, indeed.  I've got 10 of these marvelous, loving and loyal creatures.  You'd be amazed at their capacity for expressing love.

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

You don't like dogs too much, do you? ????

Yet, if we look at the "history of the dog & humans", we can assume that dogs have been good allies in the human's struggles to survive, prosper, and create and develop a more and more sophisticated society. 

But my point was that, evolved mammals,  living in the proximity of humans, can develop human qualities, in some case quite surprisingly. 

Um. Actually I do. I've owned a couple, but now live where I can't have any pets. If I could, I'd own a small dog for unconditional love. Now cats are a different story- selfish beasts that care only about themselves, though they know how to fool humans into feeding them.

• Haha 1

@Hummin

Why do I promote Seth?  Now I understand the difficulty some would have in believing in an afterlife, or rather continued existence beyond this world.  Be that as it may I can think of no other more concise, knowledgeable and comprehensive source than someone who is in a position to have a much more broader awareness than we do.  For if it is true, and it is, that Seth has access to knowledge and broader awareness which is expansive enough to explain us and our reality to us then the potential of hitting a true gold mine are beyond obvious.  It's certainly panned out for me.  :biggrin:

On the other hand, the degree of humbleness which Seth possess cannot be evidenced more by his statement, "You can learn more from watching the animals than you can from reading my books."  Which is not only true but it is also his way of saying that the knowledge many of us seek is to be found everywhere.

Reading Seth is in no way a requirement to acquiring any knowledge one wishes to possess.  I've met those who know much as I do but have never heard of Seth.  But Seth is a very handy reference for assembled knowledge.  Beyond Seth is the knowing that all of life's answers are truly within each and every one of us.  We are the true source of it all.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Um. Actually I do. I've owned a couple, but now live where I can't have any pets. If I could, I'd own a small dog for unconditional love. Now cats are a different story- selfish beasts that care only about themselves, though they know how to fool humans into feeding them.

Cats have a quite different nature which can be interpreted as selfishness.  BTW, what's wrong with selfishness?  Aren't we all highly concerned about what's best for us?  Selfishness is good.  As long as that selfishness is to everyone's benefit.  Wanting more than what one needs isn't selfishness as much as it is greed, for instance.  Cats look after themselves.  As it should be.  And no different than what we do.  Martyrdom and self sacrifice are never a good idea.  That's not to say they can't appear to be noble, worthy and workable values.  But those ideas don't work well.

I love cats.  :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Now cats are a different story- selfish beasts that care only about themselves, though they know how to fool humans into feeding them.

Lol, aren't they smart..

Well, studying animals and their relationships with humans and the rest of the world is quite interesting for a better understanding of the spiritual world.

Isn't hilarious when the behavior of humans, under certain circumstances, resemble that of animals...

I like cats too, they'll accept food and take care of the territory, but they can easily survive on their own.

I've been lucky to get very close to a wild cat in Himalayas once, and I've got a stunning impression.. what a difference with those fat, lazy domestic cats.

I appreciate you long replies, and admire your persistence to convince me or anyone else, and also take your time to answer long and precise. Respect. 

It falls back on the whole seths foundation and his teaching gives you wildly large specter to consider, but Im afraid the teaching have to many holes, options and to least say confusing. Very raw and not yet transformed as a whole idea in my eyes, but thats what I feel, and Seth probably came in to your life when you needed his teaching at the most. 

Nature have always been with me since A kid, and have never failed me yet when I needed comfort, time to reorganise myself and get new energy to kick back when life gave me challenges. I trust my nature, and that is the most important to me, and my comfort in this life. It is hard to explain to someone who never had the chance to just sit in the untouched pure nature, how it heals you if you let it. There is no rituals, there is no smoke or gold, just purines, quiet with the natures own voice, where you get in contact with yourselves and your ancestors. 

All this above, is a practice I have not been thinking of at all as a practice, it is my nature, but this tread have made me dive in to my life, my way of thinking, believing, and why I do it, therefor I continue to share experiences because it have been a wild ride with ups and downs with challenges until I stopped and realized where I belong and did not need all the adventures and travels to find myself. My gold was right there in front of me, right here right now. 

Not so different from Santiago in the book Alchemist by Paulo Choelo. A beautiful book I read as a young man, hungry for life and its mysterious, but it took me many years to realize it was exactly the pattern of the book I followed on my way to my realization. 

What still surprises me, is all the messengers who coming on behalf of gods is solely alone who manage the create a smaller group of followers as disciples and later on believers. 

As said Im happy you have solved your mysteries and challenges in your life, and wish you continued success and happiness, and happy you have the answers needed for yourself to find peace in life. 

What we are missing in this world is a deity who collect all the lost souls and show them the way and give us the protection as a being a shepherd he must be, and not come here to individuals and create all this confusion leaving more questions than answers, because every one of us understand the messages differently which leading to chaos. 

Have a great weekend.

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I appreciate you long replies, and admire your persistence to convince me or anyone else, and also take your time to answer long and precise. Respect. 

It falls back on the whole seths foundation and his teaching gives you wildly large specter to consider, but Im afraid the teaching have to many holes, options and to least say confusing. Very raw and not yet transformed as a whole idea in my eyes, but thats what I feel, and Seth probably came in to your life when you needed his teaching at the most. 

Nature have always been with me since A kid, and have never failed me yet when I needed comfort, time to reorganise myself and get new energy to kick back when life gave me challenges. I trust my nature, and that is the most important to me, and my comfort in this life. It is hard to explain to someone who never had the chance to just sit in the untouched pure nature, how it heals you if you let it. There is no rituals, there is no smoke or gold, just purines, quiet with the natures own voice, where you get in contact with yourselves and your ancestors. 

All this above, is a practice I have not been thinking of at all as a practice, it is my nature, but this tread have made me dive in to my life, my way of thinking, believing, and why I do it, therefor I continue to share experiences because it have been a wild ride with ups and downs with challenges until I stopped and realized where I belong and did not need all the adventures and travels to find myself. My gold was right there in front of me, right here right now. 

Not so different from Santiago in the book Alchemist by Paulo Choelo. A beautiful book I read as a young man, hungry for life and its mysterious, but it took me many years to realize it was exactly the pattern of the book I followed on my way to my realization. 

What still surprises me, is all the messengers who coming on behalf of gods is solely alone who manage the create a smaller group of followers as disciples and later on believers. 

As said Im happy you have solved your mysteries and challenges in your life, and wish you continued success and happiness, and happy you have the answers needed for yourself to find peace in life. 

What we are missing in this world is a deity who collect all the lost souls and show them the way and give us the protection as a being a shepherd he must be, and not come here to individuals and create all this confusion leaving more questions than answers, because every one of us understand the messages differently which leading to chaos. 

Have a great weekend.

The appreciation is mutual, Hummin.  I've respect for what you've found for yourself in life and I, too, am happy for you.

Just one last comment.  Growth is never ending.  And growth implies challenges.  And so challenges are eternal.  One will never be without them.  And there is also no end to the mysteries of life.  Neither here nor anywhere we may find ourselves.

You have a better weekend, Hummin.

17 hours ago, Tippaporn said:

Cats have a quite different nature which can be interpreted as selfishness.  BTW, what's wrong with selfishness?  Aren't we all highly concerned about what's best for us?  Selfishness is good.  As long as that selfishness is to everyone's benefit.  Wanting more than what one needs isn't selfishness as much as it is greed, for instance.  Cats look after themselves.  As it should be.  And no different than what we do.  Martyrdom and self sacrifice are never a good idea.  That's not to say they can't appear to be noble, worthy and workable values.  But those ideas don't work well.

I love cats.  :biggrin:

No problem if anyone wants a cat- none of my business, but if I'm going to feed a pet, I want unconditional love in return. I've had birds, white mice, hamsters, dogs and cats, but the only ones to "love me" are dogs.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No problem if anyone wants a cat- none of my business, but if I'm going to feed a pet, I want unconditional love in return. I've had birds, white mice, hamsters, dogs and cats, but the only ones to "love me" are dogs.

My cats follow me everywhere I go.  Our most recent, a 5 week old kitten, nuzzles constantly.  She rubs her face and snout up against my face and her purring is unbelievably loud.  I can't get her to stop.  I'm rarely able to sit on the commode with one cat or another wanting to jump up on my lap, purring while I stroke him or her.  We have to limit the number of cats who sleep with us.  One of our males, another street kitten we found, insists on sleeping next to me.  I usually fall asleep on my side with my arm outstretched.  He lays himself next to my body and rests his head on my arm.  He'll lay there all night.  If I start to stroke him he'll start purring.  I'm usually in my office during the day.  Whenever they hear me come out a number of them will rush up the stairs to greet me, all wanting my attention.  Or if I'm downstairs and go upstairs it's like a herd running up the steps.  And always getting ahead of you and stopping.  A number of them will lick me incessantly.  We let them out and if I call them they always come, just like a dog.  Well, not always.  Depends on whether something has fixated their interest.  Our first cat, a huge male, would follow me to one of the neighbors I visit a few doors down.  If I get to my neighbor's house and sit with him out front he'll arrive at the gate and meow, as if to say, "What about me?"  I could give countless other examples.

Unconditional love?  5555555555  You get only what you see, my friend?

Cats are different than dogs in the sense that they're much smaller.  They understand that much larger humans can potentially be a threat.  So they act out of self preservation.  That's a good thing, no?  Cats therefore do not easily give their trust over to just anyone.  It requires gaining their trust.  Most humans don't have the patience for it and, like jealous Gods, they feel insulted if they make an overture of friendship only to be rejected.  But once you gain their trust you'll find that a cat will give you as much unconditional love as any dog.  Yet still there is no comparison to be made between dogs and cats.  They're different and can't be expected to be the same.  Simply put, a cat's expression of love is different than a dog's expression of love.  But both love unconditionally.

Edited by Tippaporn

7 minutes ago, Tippaporn said:

Are there dogs who behave similarly?  Of coarse.

Of course there are, but I've never known a cat to love me.

If I were buying one for companionship I'd get a non violent breed. Small one about the size of a cat.

Anyway, going a bit long about this for the God thread, so 'nuff said.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyway, going a bit long about this for the God thread, so 'nuff said.

Actually, it fits right in.  God is all about creation.  And this is about creation as well.  Individual creation.  Our creations.  The God within us.  But I won't bore you with it any further.  :biggrin:

• Thanks 1