Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

21 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, well, I tried to explain to you why the soul is something real, rather unsuccessfully, I admit. Now I can conclude with saying that I can explain something, but I can't understand it for you, thus I find useful for you, if you want to understand, to remove a few of your biases ( that's another thing that i can't do for you)

I think you are wasting your time there. I've put him on ignore. No point debating someone that is just, IMO, toying with us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Need to be above the animals?

What are you on about ? Would you marry a dog ? Or play chess with a pig ?

With all respect, humans ARE above, even if some of them behave worse than animals.

Well, if you think that you are not different from any other living being, fair enough..

I have read a few biographies of good and bad men, so to speak, but i have yet not read a biography of a dolphin, or a monkey.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

What are you on about ? Would you marry a dog ? Or play chess with a pig ?

With all respect, humans ARE above, even if some of them behave worse than animals.

Well, if you think that you are not different from any other living being, fair enough..

I have read a few biographies of good and bad men, so to speak, but i have yet not read a biography of a dolphin, or a monkey.

Our anchestors, started out as animals, before we evolved on to more like we are today. Our brain havent changed much in 35000 years or so

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Our anchestors, started out as animals, before we evolved on to more like we are today. Our brain havent changed much in 35000 years or so

Darwin theory has many flaws, and it's being challenged on daily basis.

The 'missing link' has never been found yet.

Of course evolution of the species is real, but can you tell me please what the elephants have achieved in the field of the arts ? What about the spiritual research of the cats ? Or the dining finesse of the hyenas ?

They have taken the bells away from us and replaced it with something so dull and dour that not even a  Smart 70" flat screen TV with the usual materialistic <deleted> associated with the modern age..cannot assuage the yearning for something more than a legion of psychiatrists and an unquenchable bucket of anti-depressants can provide..

The Thai are right to adhere to their ancient religion-bless 'em.

Captain Robert Fitzroy was right-all brain and no soul.

William Byrd (1539-1623)

The Bells.

Edited by Odysseus123

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

They have taken the bells away from us and replaced it with something so dull and dour that not even a  Smart 70" flat screen TV with the usual materialistic <deleted> associated with the modern age..cannot assuage the yearning for something more than a legion of psychiatrists and an unquenchable bucket of anti-depressants can provide..

Captain Robert Fitzroy was right-all brain and no soul.

Surely there must something better than watching the TV and taking anti depressants.

I remember a song, "all you need is love".

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Surely there must something better than watching the TV and taking anti depressants.

I remember a song, "all you need is love".

Did you actually listen to the music?

Or was 5 minutes of concentration on the glories of Western religious music beyond you?

The <deleted>' Beatles?

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Did you actually listen to the music?

Or was 5 minutes of concentration on the glories of Western religious music beyond you?

The <deleted>' Beatles?

Well, if we speak about music, obviously "Pachelbel, Canon in D minor" is much better, worked as anti-depressant for me in dark times.

I won't define the Beatles great music, but i'm far from despising them, as i'd not be able to do any better.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, if we speak about music, obviously "Pachelbel, Canon in D minor" is much better, worked as anti-depressant for me in dark times.

I won't define the Beatles great music, but i'm far from despising them, as i'd not be able to do any better.

Tchah!

Grasp of real Western culture, none!

Pachelbel... forsooth.

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

The Beatles...most overrated boyband in the history of music. ????

Who else would you say has influenced popular music as much? Name another album as creative and innovative as Sgt. Pepper.

13 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Well..because we are actually talking about religion-here is the Sanctus from Charles Bizet...

Of course the Beatles are far,far better..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Of course evolution of the species is real, but can you tell me please what the elephants have achieved in the field of the arts ? What about the spiritual research of the cats ? Or the dining finesse of the hyenas ?

Sure! No worries! Taken in Chiang Mai. ????

Elephant painting crop.jpg

Elephant painting.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

One day i was sitting with some friends, one of them had a recorder, playing some heavy metal, which i didn't like.

When i made a comment about the low quality of the music, another friend asked me: "Can you do better than that ?"

Sometimes it depends on the individual taste, not musically (i prefer the Kinks) but as a social phenomenon, i think the beatles were ok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

One day i was sitting with some friends, one of them had a recorder, playing some heavy metal, which i didn't like.

When i made a comment about the low quality of the music, another friend asked me: "Can you do better than that ?"

Sometimes it depends on the individual taste, not musically (i prefer the Kinks) but as a social phenomenon, i think the beatles were ok.

In short you have very little idea of the glories of Western religious (or classical) music-and very few posters here have either.

Most of it is just generational popular culture and waffle so shallow as to break the neck of a tadpole if he dived into the pond.

No wonder that posters can't even comprehend Thai religious culture-let alone their own.

11 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Plenty of creative and innovative music out there, Pink Floyd the first one to pop in my head.
Popularity has never been a measuring standard for rating good music for me, so I can't answer that.

This is for you, Sunmaster, only produced by G. Harrison, has a lovely vibe in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

In short you have very little idea of the glories of Western religious (or classical) music-and very few posters here have either.

Most of it is just generational popular culture and waffle so shallow as to break the neck of a tadpole if he dived into the pond.

No wonder that posters can't even comprehend Thai religious culture-let alone their own.

Well, i have not many ideas at all, but thanks for putting me in the right track ????

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That's lovely, but Salvador Dali or Michelangelo it's not .

Of course. Every animal has different skills. Ants can carry several times their own body weight with no trouble. Birds can see colours that we cannot, in the ultra violet part of the spectrum, and bats can see 'sound'.

Humans behave like animals, but usually with greater effect due to our greater skills and larger brains.

8 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i have not many ideas at all, but thanks for putting me in the right track ????

Pity you mispelled Pachelbel,ain't it?

But I am sure that you got it right with the "beetles"

Allegri-Miserere..

Edited by Odysseus123

1 minute ago, VincentRJ said:

Of course. Every animal has different skills. Ants can carry several times their own body weight with no trouble. Birds can see colours that we cannot, in the ultra violet part of the spectrum, and bats can see 'sound'.

Humans behave like animals, but usually with greater effect due to our greater skills and larger brains.

That's right, one evening i was sitting with friends, playing jazz, 2 guitars and a sax, and the family dog started howling, amazingly following the tune. Shame we could not record that.

Domestic animals living close to men can develop human skills through imitation, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

The nature is full of surprises  and big small wonders. Only the blind can not see!

How about complex ant colonies?

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Pity you mispelled Pachelbel,ain't it?

But I am sure that you got it right with the "beetles"

Allegri-Miserere..

Sorry that you put it this way, yes, i remembered Canon in D minor, but it was D major.. tried to edit but it didn't work.

I think it's a great piece of music.