Brexit cannot define us, says UK PM's deputy as ratings dip

webfact

28 minutes ago, jinners said:

I wish for you to feel neither. While you haven't actually stated, I would guess you are not from the UK in which case it is none of your business anyway. Why you would find such glee should things become difficult is hard to understand, unless you are simply a sad gloater as your post suggests, but there are many stronger arguments predicting success once we (if ever) finally do leave the EU than the puerile scare stories attached to those wishing we remain. Including yours. If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all may be something you should consider.

Cute. Those that spread lies and hatred for years are offended when people feel Schadenfreude about their failure. Be assured I will keep celebrating your failure regardless of my nationality. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is not just defined to the Cons.

Labour also. A big shock coming the UK's way with regards to the two main parties. 'What you reap is what you Sow' is a suitable quote for these two parties.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nigel-farage-uses-tom-watsons-words-as-brexit-party-rallying-cry-70lc62g09

Nigel Farage says that he will capitalise on Labour’s divisions about a second Brexit referendum after Tom Watson, its deputy leader, accused his own party of “mealy mouthed” support for another public poll.

Mr Watson said yesterday that Labour would not defeat the Brexit Party if it looked like it half agreed with it.

Mr Farage said he would use Mr Watson’s words to target Labour’s heartlands.

“If Tom Watson thinks that the Labour Party going for a second referendum is going to solve everything I have got news for him, because if you go to south Wales or the Midlands or the north of England you find Labour constituencies with big Leave majorities. Five million people who voted Brexit also voted for Mr Corbyn in 2017.”

A second referendum would be a “total insult” to Labour voters who supported Brexit, Mr Farage said, adding: “I now intend to wholeheartedly target Labour lies and dishonesty.”

Nigel Farage says that he will capitalise on Labour’s divisions about a second Brexit referendum after Tom Watson, its deputy leader, accused his own party of “mealy mouthed” support for another public poll.

Mr Watson said yesterday that Labour would not defeat the Brexit Party if it looked like it half agreed with it.

“If Tom Watson thinks that the Labour Party going for a second referendum is going to solve everything I have got news for him, because if you go to south Wales or the Midlands or the north of England you find Labour constituencies with big Leave majorities. Five million people who voted Brexit also voted for Mr Corbyn in 2017.”

A second referendum would be a “total insult” to Labour voters who supported Brexit, Mr Farage said, adding: “I now intend to wholeheartedly target Labour lies and dishonesty.”

Watson is quite right according to the polls. Firstly the swing against leave in many constituencies means that they no longer have a Leave majority. 

Secondly the polls show again and again that Labour would win MORE votes overall if they came out for a second referendum. Although the bulk of Farage's support comes from ex Tories, it ALREADY includes the rabid Brexiteers that Labour are going to lose. On the other hand many voters who have left Labour because of Corbyn's fence sitting would come back to them. Labour MPs and members have been yelling this to him for ages, but he is deaf to anything but the 1970 ideology running round his useless head. 

Thirdly  is the EU elections (Electing people that many here idiotically describe as unelected) in the end who cares if Farage wins lots of EU seats, it will have absolutely no effect at all on Brexit, anything other than the softest option Brexit is dead in the water. 

Mr Farage targeting someone elses "Lies and dishonesty" funniest thing I've read on here for a while.

• Haha 2

On 4/22/2019 at 11:10 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

It is not just defined to the Cons.

Labour also. A big shock coming the UK's way with regards to the two main parties. 'What you reap is what you Sow' is a suitable quote for these two parties.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nigel-farage-uses-tom-watsons-words-as-brexit-party-rallying-cry-70lc62g09

great news,a party has been created to try and deliver brexit,its certain now it will be scrapped on halloween labour and the tories will have no option,farage knows its not happening otherwise to wouldnt of formed the party,lets wait and see what other clowns he can recruit,i fancy tommy and moggers,i think they will be a dream team????

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 4:32 PM, evadgib said:

The best news i've seen today came from Andrew Pierce suggesting Farage is set to unveil more high profile names this week which could well include Doris Karloff ????

Widdicombe has formally weighed in and will be interviewed on Sky shortly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jinners said:

Sorry, I think you are more than a little weird. And schadenfreude, the guilty feeling of enjoying anothers discomfort hardly applies in this instance when you are making your anti British statements so clear does it? You keep taking life's little pleasure from wherever you get to find them. Odd little man

Anti Brexit. Not anti British. 

Anti Brexit. Not anti British. 

As a non-Brit European and vociferous Europhile, why are you Anti-Brexit? Is it because you feel it is disadvantageous for your own nation in particular, or the EU in general?
Why do you feel so strongly about it that you protest so strongly to not allow the British to determine their own future?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

As a non-Brit European and vociferous Europhile, why are you Anti-Brexit? Is it because you feel it is disadvantageous for your own nation in particular, or the EU in general?
Why do you feel so strongly about it that you protest so strongly to not allow the British to determine their own future?

the British are determining their own future,brexit isnt happening,where have you been for the last 3 years

• Like 1

Easy..very worried that he/she will have to pay more and more tax to keep the eu subsidy junkie countries in their " luxurious " quality of life.!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Loiner said:

As a non-Brit European and vociferous Europhile, why are you Anti-Brexit?

I don’t have to be a Brit to be against bullies. 

Is it because you feel it is disadvantageous for your own nation in particular, or the EU in general?

I didn’t protest. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

46 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t have to be a Brit to be against bullies. 

I didn’t protest. 

We have already established that the topic is not restricted to Brits only. The question is why a non-Brit poster is so anti-Brexit? Why do you think that the UK Leaving the EU makes it a bully and who is being bullied?

The poster doth protest too much. How much would it affect you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

We have already established that the topic is not restricted to Brits only. The question is why a non-Brit poster is so anti-Brexit? Why do you think that the UK Leaving the EU makes it a bully and who is being bullied?

I didn’t say that the UK is a bully. 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

The poster doth protest too much. How much would it affect you?

No, I don’t. 

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I didn’t say that the UK is a bully. 

No, I don’t. 

Well who is the bully and who is being bullied? How does that make a non-Brit so anti-Brexit but still want the UK to Leave? Why would an EU national be anti-Brexit but still "...keep celebrating your failure..." at least "...until we are rid of you..."? Do you have some skin in the deal? 

Yeah, you do.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 8:49 AM, stephenterry said:

Leaving the EU at this point in time is nonsensical, as the disruption to the pound, economy, and businesses has been demonstrated by the Government, the Confederation of British Industry, and the Bank of England, to be far more devastating then initially thought.

What May should have done before enacting Article 50, was to have a PLAN. For example, examine and publish the pros and cons of leaving against staying, taking into account the effect on Scotland and NI, with a bottom financial line and a timetable to rectify all adverse effects on the population.

'What's best for Britain' ought to have been her mantra, which is more far more important than honouring the referendum result which was in favour of only 27% of the total population. It would have been the same principle had the remainers won the vote, because the same 'What's best for Britain' should have been the mantra - see para 2. 

Unfortunately, Brexit became the mantra, and I don't think anyone on here and elsewhere would say it's has been anyway near a satisfactory outcome, as the government and parliament have made a pig's ear of the negotiations resulting in a poor deal outcome that is just not workable. 

I surmise it will be remaining in the Customs Union  - or whatever political statement to agree that -that would push May's deal through, and IMO that's the least damaging to the economy, businesses and pound.

Even if that happens the UK is still in a mess, and I've seen sod-all how to rectify it during the transition period. The lack of a plan...

A plan ? That isn't British, we are a nation of muddlers, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, Britain relies on luck and lady luck has been very good to Britain in the last 300 years (not to the people though) Even the empire wasn't planned, it just sort of happened.