Trump curses Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency'

webfact

20 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump probably wasn't aware enough to know what the consequences of what he was saying would ultimately be.

Ignorance is not a legitimate defence. But then Trump doesn't care about legitimacy anyway, never did, never will. Only cares about the "appearance" of winning.

But none of that matters to those who wear blinders and idolize this scum bag.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Sometimes I'm glad I'm old.

After all sense you wrote before, I must pick this line. 

One of the funniest, dark comedy lines of our times ????

Don't despair, we younger ones will keep on fighting.

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Then you obviously know it is much closer than you purport to think it is. I don't think it is going to be close at all. To stay on topic Trump after the report has as many or more votes. 

He also already won the states that I gave away. MI, PA, WI. You can give two away and he still wins. 

It is really impossible to say exactly which way many states in the EC are going to fall. What is revealing though is the 2016 map by county.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg/1280px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png

Basically Trump won 84% of the geographic USA. Hillary only won in the dense cities. The problem with thinking the Mueller report is going to have any influence at all is that it is basically being ignored in the sea of red which represents the voting base of Trump.   Talking to people that live in cities is irrelevant. So we can debate swing states all day long, but if you really don't like Trump, you need to look carefully at that huge sea of red and figure out how to give them what they want. Trump did, and from what I can tell, his support in those areas has only increased.

so what is all the fuss about ? did Putin say in the press, vote for TRUMP? and march the electorate to the ballot box. Nah !!,  Obama came out in the press to tell the Brits to vote stay in the EU, (interfering <deleted>) did we take a blind bit on notice ? NO of course we didnt, and voted OUT

7 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

so what is all the fuss about ? did Putin say in the press, vote for TRUMP? and march the electorate to the ballot box. Nah !!,  Obama came out in the press to tell the Brits to vote stay in the EU, (interfering <deleted>) did we take a blind bit on notice ? NO of course we didnt, and voted OUT

Obama took the open and honest high road.

Putin took the furtive road, the low road.

13 minutes ago, Monomial said:

It is really impossible to say exactly which way many states in the EC are going to fall. What is revealing though is the 2016 map by county.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg/1280px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png

Basically Trump won 84% of the geographic USA. Hillary only won in the dense cities. The problem with thinking the Mueller report is going to have any influence at all is that it is basically being ignored in the sea of red which represents the voting base of Trump.   Talking to people that live in cities is irrelevant. So we can debate swing states all day long, but if you really don't like Trump, you need to look carefully at that huge sea of red and figure out how to give them what they want. Trump did, and from what I can tell, his support in those areas has only increased.

California and NY are like rooks stuck on a chess board. It's the pawns that need to move first.

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Like any of us haven't expressed such things in what we consider a private exchange. I am going to be late for work I am truly <deleted>. lol

I don’t ever recall expressing the that ‘I’m truly <deleted>’ in relation to to a criminal investigation.

I din’t recall anyone I know expressing such either.

I don’t swim in those waters.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t ever recall expressing the that ‘I’m truly <deleted>’ in relation to to a criminal investigation.

There was no underlying crime, think of it from the eyes of a man who was never guilty in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He had a bad day. <deleted> me life is bad. There is no evidence in Trump's words you could take to a court or it would have been done. Thanks for playing.

1 minute ago, bumofdabeach said:

But the new York State attorney general does not. It ain't over yet. Tax fraud, bank fraud and money laundering are equally damaging

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If I understood the setup correctly, the whole point of the Muller investigation was to push all the data and therefore charges to the state courts, which Trump doesn't have power over.

Do the initial investigation and make sure that Trump doesn't have powers to overcome those investigations. Trumps is a turnip. 

7 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Pence would be able to hold office, but would anyone want him too?

Probably not. 

Aren't there even half decent folks who could become acting president of the USA?

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

If I understood the setup correctly, the whole point of the Muller investigation was to push all the data and therefore charges to the state courts, which Trump doesn't have power over.

Do the initial investigation and make sure that Trump doesn't have powers to overcome those investigations. Trumps is a turnip. 

You are pretty much wrong in every way I can think of. 

It's impossible to have a rational conversation with someone who doesn't like the Trump Presidency, I know, I've tried. The people I have spoken to start by attacking his character and what he doesn't like. It's as if they are living in another world. They seem to only know what CNN or other irrelevant news sources tell them, which they then like to quote as if it's gospel.  The dem's have done nothing to improve the average American's life. They only offer higher taxes and fear to American's.  It's common knowledge that the dem party is controlled by authoritarians and its demise is just a matter of time.

image.png.d303fe0238d229ca11f1a59b48f0a7ab.pngimage.png.7056635e22338b6f98077e2bda6990de.png

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

That is contrary to the report. No intent was called.

The report does not state there was no intent, just that it could not be established for all cases. Barr said, that there were other motives than 'corrupt intent', suggesting that some type of intent may be corrupt and others not (?).

In the report, it is for example written that:

“substantial evidence” that the president’s attempts to fire him “were linked to the Special Counsel’s oversight of investigations that involved the President’s conduct — and, most immediately, to reports that the President was being investigated for potential obstruction of justice.”

In another part, Mueller concludes there’s “substantial evidence” that the president’s attempts to fire him “were linked to the Special Counsel’s oversight of investigations that involved the President’s conduct — and, most immediately, to reports that the President was being investigated for potential obstruction of justice.”

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Probably not. 

Aren't there even half decent folks who could become acting president of the USA?

There are not any decent folks at all in the presidential line of succession. There's Trump, then Pence, then Pelosi, then Grassley, then Pompeo, then Mnuchin, then the guy from Boeing. It's a shit salad.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

There are not any decent folks at all in the presidential line of succession. There's Trump, then Pence, then Pelosi, then Grassley, then Pompeo, then Mnuchin, then the guy from Boeing. It's a shit salad.

But if I play my cards right I am going to get health care and $1,000 a month right?

Just now, Cryingdick said:

But if I play my cards right I am going to get health care and $1,000 a month right?

If you're a Yang Ganger.  I don't know. I paid $22,700 this year for health insurance for my wife and myself (and it's pretty shitty). The worst part is, neither my wife nor myself use the insurance, even when we think we ought to because the terms are so awful, if you go to the wrong emergency room you may not be covered. Like that's the first thing on your mind in an emergency. What it is is, horrendously expensive catastrophic care insurance. We just don't use it.

Anyhow, I'd never given much consideration to UBI before or as Yang calls it the "Freedom Dividend". I think it is intruiging, but I'm not convinced yet. Could be many unintended consequences, but I think it is worth exploring further.

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You are probably going to get free health care, but the amount of money you'll get will depend how much you work. The amount is likely to be quite less than $1000 per month.

12 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

Now let me get this straight.
Did Trump potentially obstruct what now turns out to be an INJUSTICE?

Sort of. That's why the obstruction case doesn't have legs. Trump being Trump is kindof a gimme in the obstruction realm.

Archived