Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But it seems he is proud to be together with a career woman - independent of all her other "qualities".

I won't push my moral values, but it isn't even about being proud. It was a simple math which I thought the life would be easier with  someone who (and their family) doesn't really need outside money to be happy and survive. You should see the life in her village. They have so much land, yet older generation including her parents are very happy with their simple lives. Only the new generation that are recently married are building 3-5 mil baht mansions which are much nicer than anything I saw (well at least from the pictures here) that Westerners built for their Isaan wives. And yes.... they pay sinsod between Thais. 1 Million baht is the norm, but it is all returned to the couple. I envy their life and I know that she will not miss me one bit because she has her family and support and thousands of friends. Yep, we as Westerners really suck at life I think.... that's why we are here and not back where we belong.

Anyway, even though she barely spoke to me last night I think she is getting calmer. I observed her enough in the past 5 years, so I know she is calming down. Maybe I will get my papers signed and that will be that.

Edited by Pravda

If it were me then based on what she said to you I would leave.

Those 4 years wasted are your years, not hers. She deserves nothing from you after comments like that.

Move on, be happy, find someone who values you for who you are, not for what somebody wants to gain from you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

It was a simple math which I thought the life would be easier with  someone who (and their family) doesn't really need outside money to be happy and survive.

A fairly basic mistake, if she doesn't need you to survive, she won't be as compliant and cooperative.

Women who are desperate for money have far fewer choices.

If my girlfriend stopped having sex with me, I would just choose a new girlfriend and more importantly she knows that. It's not as if there is any lack of young, slim, attractive and available women in most Asian countries.

Edited by BritManToo

On 4/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, NightSky said:

Hmm, Im not sure..

You say you dont help with monthly finances and so you're wife calls you a 'cheap Charley' and its also the way you use the language 'banging whores' which leaves me thinking that to see the problem...

..you should maybe look at yourself first.

it is amazing what some people see when they look in the mirror.   I think it is very very different than what others see when viewing them.   For a sample group I chose a few posters on TV that have "views" of themselves far different than what I see.  ????????.    But I am aware that they would say the same about me.

Would like to know what Pravda sees when he takes a look at himself.   the post is getting stale 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Move on, be happy, find someone who values you for who you are

we are making assumptions again ......... we do not know just how much "value" there is in khun pravda.

would like to hear from him on that matter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If my girlfriend stopped having sex with me, I would just choose a new girlfriend and more importantly she knows that

i hope you do it with your eyes open ,   Could be she's scrolling through FB while you're doing your 

push ups

11 minutes ago, rumak said:

i hope you do it with your eyes open ,   Could be she's scrolling through FB while you're doing your 

push ups

It wouldn't do her any good, she can't read English.

And she knows she's with me just for sex (and some child care).

18 minutes ago, rumak said:

we are making assumptions again ......... we do not know just how much "value" there is in khun pravda.

would like to hear from him on that matter

How can I give value to myself?

Go on. Give me an example.

And it's not Khun Pravda it's Tovarisch Pravda.

Edited by Pravda

32 minutes ago, rumak said:

I think I can understand your wife's feelings after reading your posts.  One quote of yours "Yep, we as Westerners really suck at life I think."  is quite telling.   I think it would be more appropriate if you said " I, Tovarisch, suck at life".    To think that WE all suck at it as well is quite demeaning, and maybe how you talk with your wife.   I hear misery loves company,  but I won't be coming to that party.

1-1-1

43 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Marriage, and relationships in general are always a bit of a crap shoot.

With Thai women, I have learnt to live with the screaming and the histrionics.

The older I get I just have got use to phasing it out.

I think my wife, God Bless her has told me to get lost multiple times in the last ten years, yet the next morning it's like nothing has happened!

Go Figure!

3 mornings. She still pissed.

39 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Coming straight back or gonna take a few days till the dust settles ?

I'm taking a visa run company recommend here, so I can't stay long. I wouldn't know what to do in savannakhet anyway. Staying a week in Vientiane would not be a problem, but no 1 year Visa.

• Like 1