Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

11 hours ago, glennb6 said:

at the risk of harsh or snarky replies, which couldn't care less about really...

that 'value added thing' is when you show respect, fidelity, politeness, eat her shitty cooking with a smile and complement. it's she wants to go to XXX restaurant and you really wanted YYY, and you go to XXX.

civility and a smile when you don't really feel like it, and it's even been doing the dishes once in a while regardless of being told I don't know how.  probably lots of personal variations on this attitude but the point of respect and being a nice and loving person is a constant.

I consider this a two way street and far more important than how much you or she contribute financially.

in the past was married, time went by, there were ups and downs but normal i though. certainly were enough times it felt like i was walking through a minefield though. eventually it all came apart and i was forced to split. not happy with the whole situation and confused as to why.

gradually over about a two year period i started to realize that the marriage was never as good as i had hoped it to be. i put up with a lot of disrespect and abuse by telling myself to just be calm, don't fight back, be cool. i lay a lot of fault on my x, and even more as time has gone by since splitting. i feel much better as a free man and will never again put up with the shit i used to 'just for the sake of a stable relationship'.  ????

Marriage is all about compromise, but seems to me it's always the man that is expected to compromise.

In my experience, if the guy doesn't do what she wants he doesn't get it, as a punishment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Marriage is all about compromise, but seems to me it's always the man that is expected to compromise.

In my experience, if the guy doesn't do what she wants he doesn't get it, as a punishment.

I spent 30 years doing what she wanted, and still didn't get it (much).

If she'd been a new car I'd have demanded a refund from the garage.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I spent 30 years doing what she wanted, and still didn't get it (much).

If she'd been a new car I'd have demanded a refund from the garage.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was wondering why you ended up marrying a bargirl. 

30 years!?!? Of no sex and being told what to do. I thought you claimed you only did girls under 30. She must have been 50ish towards the end. 

How did you go for 30 years in a sexless marriage? What a terrible life. Sounds like she had someone on the side. And probably wanted your money at the end of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

Perfect example of why one must RENT ONLY, NEVER BUY. 

Not really. I honestly got tired of the P4P scene and truly did meet some disgusting girls. Most were okay but over the years I was single, I remember more of the hard times I had then the good times. 

To the OP - take time out now and get away as soon as you can. Find a nice place to rest up. Your going to feel foul for a while but in the end it will work out. Get back on the bike and don’t let yourself get too depressed as the only person you are going to hurt is yourself and that comes from my personal experience. 

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Sorry about your situation.  You got lots of pages of advice here is mine but not sure if it is advice?  You noted you read a lot of books on Thailand so have I been it is tough to get out of ourselves what we learned growing up. One anyone marrying a Thai women career or not thinking they don't have to give a thing is just being blind to what they have already read. I myself thought I thought of everything but even then I never realized what was in store for me. The reason you married her in the first place was you thinking you hit the lottery and got yourself a woman just like the West it is all love but love here is the more you give the more you are loved it doesn't matter unless she is worth millions and billion you got to open that bank book ( of course in general ) otherwise what was the point in marrying outside of her race if she wanted to be criticized by her friends and family and be sure she is without a doubt she mind of married a dead beat Thai man who cheats and free load off her but being Thai that is all good and dandy but when married to a foreigner especially if she isn't over the hill that is a no no in time.

Whatever feelings you have been inside you for a while your comments of leaving seem to be welcome by you? It has been over 10 years but I still remember there were nights I just wanted to pack up and leave. As people have noted the women and people are wired differently and no book you will ever read will help prepare anyone married to a Thai women living here. I'm not white but as white as any of you I'm Chinese American so the expectation is even greater.  

I keep many things to myself only my brother and closes relative know my story. I came here like everyone not looking for trouble but there was a time in my life I felt " the only good Thai was a dead one "  I had to change my life and thinking because I didn't want my son to grow up thinking I hated all Thai. I have been humble to the core living here and finally just let many of the things that kept me up all night go because my main concern was to be able to see my son! I came here with some resources but I never came with the thought I can get rid of anyone and no one will ever know because I made a lot of effort to live differently than my brother and other close member of my family who are deeply involved with the Triads.

I lived with mainly Thais if you ran into me you would never know I was a foreigner until I speak. Woman here are raised and they don't know it as second class citizens they are constantly stepped on and don't even know it and when they are treated equally it seems to throw them off by doing we come across weak!  Sorry got to run will return and start and finish up?

Great stuff.

Yes, if you can please finish up.

You are not the first one.  Consider Yourself Lucky

Two years after happy marriage, 44yo Australian left without a divorce. He still did not get anything for almost finish house in Baan Thi, Lamphun. 

Girl in Udon Thani forced 47yo Canadian out of Thailand by reusing with his marriage visa extension. For three years, He did everything in and around at his 5.5mil house. She wanted freedom and him out. My friend told her no money for the house,No divorce. She does not care about legal divorce. 

In few years, My friends plan to get OA visa but they are thinking about Myanmar too. 

Be happy, Enjoy your life and Be free 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's so true, you should have added 'health emergency' to your list as well.

Which is currently looking like ending my stay in Thailand (if not my stay on the planet).

You'll be fine son.  Only the good die young.  Just back your foot off the throttle a bit when you are out of country on your PI, Cambo and Vietnam junkets.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pravda said:

Thank you.

I didn't expect so much support to be honest.

I am a wimp. About 2 hours until wife comes back from work. I'd rather not be at home, but as per her usual she never brings the keys with her and expects me to be waiting.

Now that I think about it maybe she is bipolar. I mean Thai women are known not to have any knowledge about mental disorders. God forbid she would ever consider seeing a doctor about this non existing problem.

...i sympathize with you..they are not easy people to fathom out..best not play her for a fool, but sit down and lay your cards on the table when you both are receptive and stick to your plan..good luck mate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tandor said:

...i sympathize with you..they are not easy people to fathom out..best not play her for a fool, but sit down and lay your cards on the table when you both are receptive and stick to your plan..good luck mate.

Impossible to fathom if you refer to them as "they."

11 hours ago, RobMuir said:

She most likely has a new bloke or at least one lined up. 

How are you in the sack? 

Sexually satisfied women never leave.

Sounds like you're in denial, "I'm a real stud so it can't happen to me"

As far as I can tell women ALWAYS get more pleasure from a vibrator (which is probably why they're banned in Thailand).

Sure the pool boy gets lots of housewife pussy while he's young, but none of them want to live with him and he's always banging old women, then he gets to live alone when he loses his youth/looks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Not sure there would be much of a queue as he's already said he doesn't pay a salary.

If I did I'd feel like even bigger idiot now.

Here's a good question.

Her parents built us small house after we got married. Yes, they paid for it. Do I have any claim to this asset? Maybe I should make the divorce interesting a bit and lawyer up?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoonOh said:

You are not the first one.  Consider Yourself Lucky

Two years after happy marriage, 44yo Australian left without a divorce. He still did not get anything for almost finish house in Baan Thi, Lamphun. 

Girl in Udon Thani forced 47yo Canadian out of Thailand by reusing with his marriage visa extension. For three years, He did everything in and around at his 5.5mil house. She wanted freedom and him out. My friend told her no money for the house,No divorce. She does not care about legal divorce. 

In few years, My friends plan to get OA visa but they are thinking about Myanmar too. 

Be happy, Enjoy your life and Be free 

0e783b063bc7010362e24f3731547aa9.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Her parents built us small house after we got married. Yes, they paid for it. Do I have any claim to this asset? Maybe I should make the divorce interesting a bit and lawyer up?

Depends what was entered on the deeds as the reason for the land transfer.

If it was a gift for her, she doesn't have to share.

If it was a wedding gift, it's 50% yours.

If the land is still in their name, probably nothing.

Edited by BritManToo

Move on. Gonna take some time to get over the familiarity and routine, but life goes on and you'll prob realize she did u the favor in the long run.

And seriously, before bailing go out and treat yo-self to some debauchery with a slew of those bargirls you avoided! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I don't think she does or she would be kicking me out faster. Also, she ain't exactly something a Thai bloke would go for, or some of the Farang in her office. I've seen their Thai girlfriends and they are all 9 and 10

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I don't think she does or she would be kicking me out faster. Also, she ain't exactly something a Thai bloke would go for, or some of the Farang in her office. I've seen their Thai girlfriends and they are all 9 and 10

Most "blokes" will go for anything! Thai blokes 100%...especially when they see some benefit from it. 

36 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Move on. Gonna take some time to get over the familiarity and routine, but life goes on and you'll prob realize she did u the favor in the long run.

And seriously, before bailing go out and treat yo-self to some debauchery with a slew of those bargirls you avoided! :thumbsup:

absolutely...release the hounds and drop the hammer.  have a good time.  This isn't your first or last romance...women are like cats, there's thousands more especially in Thailand.  

Edited by mike787
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

If I did I'd feel like even bigger idiot now.

Here's a good question.

joking right ?   

• Like 2