Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

Destiny1990

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, brokenbone said:

if i have to do visa runs, its not for me,

otherwise i think vietnam would fit me.

edit: i just saw the traffic clip ????

the viet 1 year business visa = no visa runs.  can leave when YOU want

Honestly i have not yet been to Danang and Or to Vietnam.

But i read about it and DaNang and also Vu Tao always got my interest and so i made here this comparison thread.

Now after all the knowledge gained here from many posters  it is for me very obvious that DaNang  the winner is. (on forehand i wasn’t  expecting that)

Seems there isn’t even one issue where Pattaya tops DaNang.

Well Maybe Pattaya has more Malls and nicer foods than DaNang but besides that it looses on all other issues.

Prices, visas, climate, beaches, stray dogs, pavements. etc

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

But i read about it and DaNang and also Vu Tao always got my interest and so i made here this comparison thread.

Now after all the knowledge gained here from many posters  it is for me very obvious that DaNang  the winner is. (on forehand i wasn’t  expecting that)

Well Maybe Pattaya has more Malls and nicer foods than DaNang but besides that it looses on all other issues.

Pattaya wins - 1.  Retirement visa's 2 yr. (O-A).  2. Health care cost and quality.  3.  Malls and shopping.  4.  Restaurants of all kinds.  5.  Ex-pat infrastructure.  6.  Closeness to major metropolitan area Bangkok.  7.  International flights from U-Tapao and Bangkok.  8.  Thousands more available women/men.  9.  Hundreds more go go clubs. 

17 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

the only advantage vung tao has is it is very close to hcm.  

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Pattaya wins - 1.  Retirement visa's 2 yr. (O-A).  2. Health care cost and quality.  3.  Malls and shopping.  4.  Restaurants of all kinds.  5.  Ex-pat infrastructure.  6.  Closeness to major metropolitan area Bangkok.  7.  International flights from U-Tapao and Bangkok.  8.  Thousands more available women/men.  9.  Hundreds more go go clubs. 

I am not saying that Pattaya/Jomtien are dreadful places heck i still like it there but while Pattaya Thailand is loosing their long term farang expats base its DaNang starting to Shine.

18 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I am not saying that Pattaya/Jomtien are dreadful places heck i still like it there but while Pattaya Thailand is loosing their long term farang expats base its DaNang starting to Shine.

Perhaps you should visit the place even once before making a statement like that.  Ya think?

24 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Havent you been yet !!!!!!!!!!!!

Youve been thinking about going for nearly three months now !!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Havent you been yet !!!!!!!!!!!!

Youve been thinking about going for nearly three months now !!!!!!!!

Hi Max good u noticed that i take my time. but i am not thinking for 3 months. I will simply just go that is already definitive.

I think Britmantoo is in DaNang now so i wait for his update first.

Then in right moment i make my move and explore Vietnam for some Months.

47 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yeah?  so what is good about hcm?

access to more western food/ shopping hcm has the most girly bars etc. guess could argue medical care 

i would like to check out . https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserReviews-g293925-d8531089-r369402071-TnT_BBQ-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

and

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293925-d1122196-r464036359-Jake_s_BBQ-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Seems like you interpreted from the posts exactly what you wanted to.  Selective perception much?  ????

7 hours ago, atyclb said:

access to more western food/ shopping hcm has the most girly bars etc. guess could argue medical care 

i would like to check out . https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserReviews-g293925-d8531089-r369402071-TnT_BBQ-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

and

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293925-d1122196-r464036359-Jake_s_BBQ-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

Interesting that you base  relocating to another country and city on the availability of western style spareribs. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Saigon is kicking. Hanoi is cultured  but closed at 10.30. Danang. I'd like to go but I know it wont be like pattaya.  Let's face it. For pattaya, better or worse.  Theres no place like it.

But you haven't been to Da Nang and yet you make a judgement????? Mmmmmm- Perhaps Pattaya is the right place for you.

10 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Perhaps you should visit the place even once before making a statement like that.  Ya think?

Interesting co incidence.A Patong Thai couple who own a succesful  restraunt guesthouse just returned from DN after 2 week holiday. I asked how was it, reply tasteless food and beeping motorbikes ,no good!

and the important info hasnt arrived. can you open a bank account on a three month visa. how is commonwealth bnk, and anz, and vietcom for a start. talking hanoi hcmc or da nang or elsewhere in central vietnam. please specify where you had success

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
14 hours ago, atyclb said:

and

Interesting that you base  relocating to another country and city on the availability of western style spareribs. 

i counted 3 sets of ribs in the above photo.

sometimes ribs are ok. twice a year. i like viet food more as lots of variety and lighter than ribs. great salads

for me da nang has big wide open sidewalks, can walk, bicycle.  also has significant surf from september on. have seen some 10 foot days albeit stormy

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

sometimes ribs are ok. twice a year. i like viet food more as lots of variety and lighter than ribs. great salads

for me da nang has big wide open sidewalks, can walk, bicycle.  also has significant surf from september on. have seen some 10 foot days albeit stormy

Thats by the beach area and the few main roads .

The 70% of other sidewalks are difficult to walk along due to all the clutter

7 hours ago, expatfromwyoming said:
On 4/26/2019 at 10:01 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Saigon is kicking. Hanoi is cultured  but closed at 10.30. Danang. I'd like to go but I know it wont be like pattaya.  Let's face it. For pattaya, better or worse.  Theres no place like it.

But you haven't been to Da Nang and yet you make a judgement????? Mmmmmm- Perhaps Pattaya is the right place for you.

airasia has daily flights to da nang at reasonable prices. only about 1.5 hours away. airport is hassle free and beach areas just 10 minutes away. spend a week there, rent a motorbike.  i might add great bakeries abound, a gift from the french.

4 hours ago, Olmate said:
15 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Interesting co incidence.A Patong Thai couple who own a succesful  restraunt guesthouse just returned from DN after 2 week holiday. I asked how was it, reply tasteless food and beeping motorbikes ,no good!

and i know a thai dentist that vacationed in france with her thai husband and also remarked about tasteless food.

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:
13 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Thats by the beach area and the few main roads .

The 70% of other sidewalks are difficult to walk along due to all the clutter

true but still better than pattaya beach area.  in downtown yes sidewalks are cluttered.  beach peninsula is big

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

true but still better than pattaya beach area.  in downtown yes sidewalks are cluttered.  beach peninsula is big

I do wonder what will happen in the future though , there are about ten 30-40 story hotels/condo buildings currently being built along the beach , well , across the big road from the beach

On 7/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, sanemax said:

I do wonder what will happen in the future though , there are about ten 30-40 story hotels/condo buildings currently being built along the beach , well , across the big road from the beach

visit nha trang for the answer

7 hours ago, atyclb said:
On 7/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, sanemax said:

visit nha trang for the answer

Call some place paradise, - kiss it goodbye.

Is there anywhere left to go that man has not destroyed with his greed?

Da Nang beach in the day, then after sunset ........

It's a place for you to go with a gf/wife, no free range women, 99% Asian tourists (Korean, Chinese, and Viets)

A few married expats with their expat wives, a few single expats who smoked lots of cannabis and seemed a bit lonely.

A nice clean beach that went for miles, good for a cheap weekend beach visit, but nothing much else of interest.

beach day.jpg

evening beach.jpg

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Da Nang beach in the day, then after sunset ........

It's a place for you to go with a gf/wife, no free range women, 99% Asian tourists (Korean, Chinese, and Viets)

A few married expats with their expat wives, a few single expats who smoked lots of cannabis and seemed a bit lonely.

A nice clean beach that went for miles, good for a cheap weekend beach visit, but nothing much else of interest.

beach day.jpg

evening beach.jpg

Hmmm kinda sounds like its a boring place.. How about NhaTrang

Archived