Transfering money from the UK to my Thai bank account to purchase condo

Hi,

I am preparing to buy a condo and need to have my money transferred from my parent account to my Thai account.

I have done some research and have been told that the bank in the UK transferring the money should write a letter saying that the money being transferred is for buying a condo. Otherwise the land department will not accept this and refuse to put my name of the title deed.

I am not sure if the banks in the UK provide this service. The bank in question is Barclay's Bank.

Just wondering if anyone has transferred money from the UK to a Thai bank account for the purpose of buying a condo

Many thanks in advance for any information.

Your Thai bank provides a letter or FET (foreign exchange transnational) to show the land office the funds came from outside Thailand, not your UK bank.

You may put "Buying a condo" in the information when you do the UK transfer, some people mention this as a requirement, but not mandatory.

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Your Thai bank provides a letter or FET (foreign exchange transnational) to show the land office the funds came from outside Thailand, not your UK bank.

You may put "Buying a condo" in the information when you do the UK transfer, some people mention this as a requirement, but not mandatory.

FET's are no longer, apparently they are no longer issued after an edict from the BOT.

To the OP, make sure you transfer GBP not transfer to the THB in the UK and then send. It has to enter Thailand in foreign currency, this is presuming you are buying foreign quota.

For all SWIFT transfers to Thailand, there is a requirement (at least with my bank, Nationwide) that the "reason for transfer" box MUST be filled in.

It is part of the SWIFT form.

These details are transmitted to the Thai bank and appear on the equivalent form produced at the Thai bank.

Send in Sterling !!!

Reason for transfer "Purchase of condominium for X,XXX,XXX THB plus address if you know it"

The Thai bank will provide a Foreign Exchange Transfer form for you.

Edited by The Fat Controller