Thanathorn produces traffic tickets to prove he was speeding to Bangkok to transfer his media shares

webfact

Thanathorn produces traffic tickets to prove he was speeding to Bangkok to transfer his media shares

15.jpg

Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit has produced, via his Facebook page, images of three traffic tickets he received for speeding to prove that he was rushing back to Bangkok, from the northeastern province of Buri Ram, to transfer all his shares in V-Luck Media Company on January 8th.

He is due to meet with the Election Commission’s (EC) probe team at about 1 pm today (Tuesday) to defend himself against the EC’s charge that he still possessed the shares when he registered his election candidacy, which would be in violation of the Constitution and the MP Election Act.

The first traffic ticket was issued on January 7th at 3.39 pm in the northeastern province of Surin, showing the car was traveling at 129 kph.  The second ticket was issued on January 8th at 11.41 am in Nang Rong district of Buri Ram, showing the car was moving at 139 kph. The third ticket was issued in Tambon Klong See, Klong Luang district of Pathum Thani province at 2.45 pm for driving at 137 kph.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-produces-traffic-tickets-to-prove-he-was-speeding-to-bangkok-to-transfer-his-media-shares/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-30

1 hour ago, champers said:

This slippery eel is taking some catching, but I fear they will still get him in the end.

If a Prime Minister can get the chop for appearing on a cookery show anything is possible.

"...If a Prime Minister can get the chop for appearing on a cookery show anything is possible.'

An entirely different matter, Samak clearly broke the law and was thus charged, nothing to do with slippery actions on the part of anybody. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^  I've received 3 over the past 3 or 4 years.   They are mailed to the address that the Land Transport Dept. has for you.  Since I used my work permit instead of an address form, they were sent to my work address.

If you moved or changed jobs, the tickets might be sent to an old address.

13 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

My point is a question. 

Why do I never get camera fines in the mail?

There have been many many media reports of mass mailings of fines in the last 6 months for speeding, changing lanes, running red lights, etc. 

But there is a question whether the above covers all of Thailand, it is consistent across all regions? Who knows, maybe not. 

Edited by scorecard

24 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I drive and speed a lot when it is safe. A drive a lot on the Pattaya motorway that supposedly has speed cameras. 

But I have never received any fines in the mail. Never had any problems paying the rego or renewing my license. 

Another couple of of times I received speeding/seat belt fines from coppers who didn’t require me to pay up front, and said I had thirty days (I think) to pay. I never paid them.

In Australia I had a set of reflective lenses so the cameras were unable to read my plates, but don’t have any here. 

Anyone know now why I never get fined, but Thanatorn copped three in two days? 

You sound even more slippery than Thanathorn.lol

Maybe you could get a job as his advisor.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"...If a Prime Minister can get the chop for appearing on a cookery show anything is possible.'

An entirely different matter, Samak clearly broke the law and was thus charged, nothing to do with slippery actions on the part of anybody. 

Oh yea I remember definite conflict of interest that was.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Anyone know now why I never get fined, but Thanatorn copped three in two days? 

Luck! times are changing, I drove here for over thirty years without a official ticket, the last 4 months I have had 5 ???? 

33 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Idiot... Now they will get him for speeding, if the shares scam falls through !!

Ah, I think they already did, as witnessed by the speeding tickets he produced. Obviously the "Do you know who I am" defence didn't work. Also, he doesn't set a good example for his constituents by speeding.

8 minutes ago, CGW said:

Luck! times are changing, I drove here for over thirty years without a official ticket, the last 4 months I have had 5 ???? 

Where abouts?

Speeding fines in the mail?

How much? Different amounts for different speeds?

If that is the case I might import some of the reflective lenses to sell.

They would be a good seller. Sounds like you need a pair.

3 hours ago, champers said:

This slippery eel is taking some catching, but I fear they will still get him in the end.

If a Prime Minister can get the chop for appearing on a cookery show anything is possible.

He wasn't given the chop for appearing on cookery show. He was given the chop for presenting the series, being paid for it and lying about it. 

I know, who'd expect honesty!

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Ah, I think they already did, as witnessed by the speeding tickets he produced. Obviously the "Do you know who I am" defence didn't work. Also, he doesn't set a good example for his constituents by speeding.

See, that's why the international press like to call all politicians "lawmakers" now. The make the laws to rule the masses. Not abide by them. 

• Like 1

To be fair, if he can prove he transferred the shares when he said he did, that should be the end of the matter.

Why produce all these traffic tickets and open a new can of worms about being "above the law"; having no regard for the law etc?

It would seem simple to produce the SET Share Transfer Documentation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChristianBlessing said:

Speeding tickets prove nothing at all except that he was speeding. Surely there is a record of the shares being transferred; that evidence would prove far more convincing.

I agree, this is BS imo. Also, in this era of electronic banking, sign and scan etc. this all sounds like a rich mans excuse. 

18 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

To be fair, if he can prove he transferred the shares when he said he did, that should be the end of the matter.

Why produce all these traffic tickets and open a new can of worms about being "above the law"; having no regard for the law etc?

It would seem simple to produce the SET Share Transfer Documentation.

Maybe just backup incase the dates have been changed on the electronic transfers.
It's not official news anyway they were taken from his FB page.
Better wait for some official news.

2 hours ago, monkfish said:

I mean it was a conflict of interest him hosting a cooking show and trying to run the country at the same time.

True, the applicable Thai law says the PM cannot have other jobs, and IMHO it should be that way, the good people of Thailand (or any country) have every right to expect their chosen PM devote all of his / her time to running country.  

The EC stated that it was impossible for him to get back to BKK in time to do a transfer on the date claimed, those tickets refute that claim.

The EC who are the bought and paid for creature of the NCPO are, were, and will do anything no matter how vile or disgusting to prevent FFP and it's leaders and MP's taking their seats. All the attacks pretty much are against anti-Junta party MP's and that vile little activist man and the EC are responsible for them. As if the entirely reprehensible election shambles to favour the military wasn't enough (and does ANYONE seriously believe the PPRP genuinely won all those seats?) the war continues.

But when Prayut blew his own trumpet on national TV every Friday, that's all right because he is not a Government Official, or a Public Servant, or anything to do with Government they say - so he can carry on meeting and greeting - not political they say, so ok to use government helicopters, special trains, limousines, close off roads to facilitate his travel. All to inspect a station, or a dam or some such, just accidentally mobbed by a brought-in crowd who just happen to be equipped with sashes to give him, even the obligatory political baby to kiss.

Oh come on do - no one can be that stupid!

• Like 2