Thai Tobacco Monopoly set to roll ganja spliffs!

webfact

CBD has become a huge cash cow in places where it is now legal, adding legitimacy.  I'm pretty sure they'll get their way on that one.  THC not so likely.

Not as excited at the end of the article as when I read the headline, but I'd deffo give it a try.  It would be rude not to (but not within 5 metres of a public entrance, in a park, on a beach etc of course.  That's reserved for plastic bags/bottles and other non damaging waste).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chiangrai said:
"More likely is that permission will be granted to use the ganja extract known as CBD oil that is not restricted in any way."

Is that true.Can you import it to Thailand,in small bottles.

I would careful doing that, even if its not illegal you could still find yourself detained while they establish that fact.  Why not just buy from someone who already imported it?  Its not dificult to find here.

https://thaivapeshop.com/collections/cbd-products

17 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Ah, dear old bizarre Thailand...what can we say? A few months ago it was reported that Thai agencies were trying to prevent foreigners from getting weed patents because it "could lead to monopolies". Now we have the "Thai Tobacco Monopoly" applying for permission to get involved. ????

No, the foreign companies tried to get patents for medicine and medical use of CBT and cannabis... which have been traditionally used in Thai herbal medicine! So it is a difference as one is about growing the stuff and the other is regarding the production of medicines and the medical application derived from CBT oil and cannabis.

43 minutes ago, chiangrai said:

I  didn't know that you could buy CBD oil in  Thailand.

.Is it actually legal or is it like ecigs,illegal but sold online............

I expect it is as the ecigs, 'Thai' online shops which are actually in Malaysia.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

No, the foreign companies tried to get patents for medicine and medical use of CBT and cannabis... which have been traditionally used in Thai herbal medicine! So it is a difference as one is about growing the stuff and the other is regarding the production of medicines and the medical application derived from CBT oil and cannabis.

Well, the TTM will also prevent the foreign monopolization of growing and manufacture, their manifesto permits thrm to setup unlimited private subsidery companies, but with a clause of no foreign ownership over 49%.

cigarettes. . .would contain THC the cannabinoid that makes people high

Can it really be the case that tobacco companies are to be given the green light to lace their nicotine-laden cancer sticks with another potentially addictive product, THC?

If so, this is nothing short of an act of public betrayal from a Government which has spent millions of baht of taxpayer money on anti smoking propaganda and other measures - not least the recent big hike in cigarette prices - in an alleged bid to shrink the market.

The good news for the tobacco companies is the prospect of an even bigger market and fatter profits. The bad news is an increase in smokers will mean a bigger contribution from Thai victims to the seven million deaths a year worldwide caused by smoking. Not to mention yet more serious smokers' diseases, resulting in increased pressure on the creaking national health system.

Keeping the tobacco monopoly in clover appears to be a higher priority with the current incumbents of Government House than does caring for the nation 's health. What a pity the Thai electorate was unaware of this reality before they voted the general election.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TPI said:

The leaves make a wonderful tea, full of flavour and just the thing for these super hot days!

I'm not really liking the taste. In chicken soup it seems to work, but tea or on a pizza .. tealeaves and oregano are better matches. 

4 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Perhaps I could offer you one of my green chocolate chip cookies. One would certainly change your mind.

Is that delivered or do I need to come and collect it? Available in take-home packs?

What should we drink with such a delicate rarity? My shout ????

6 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Yet vaping is still illegal. If so how come lazada thailand is selling them . 

Not lazada itself, shops in lazada. Check the survival section for all sorts of strange goods. 

Vaping would be a fairly obvious THC delivery method. Yet Thai cig monopolies insist on keeping up the cancer stats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Not lazada itself, shops in lazada. Check the survival section for all sorts of strange goods. 

Vaping would be a fairly obvious THC delivery method. Yet Thai cig monopolies insist on keeping up the cancer stats.

Ok all i know is i typed in Wasp nano RDA and got one also a mech mod . Thanks for the reply 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Yet vaping is still illegal. If so how come lazada thailand is selling them . Can i have a pack of them cigs called Skunk please.   

The most hilarious thing is that Vaporizers are also used to for cannabis oil and the very same devices are banned as vape devices.

So now medical marihuana is legal but you don't have a safe way to inhale them, you need to mix them with cancer sticks aka tobacco?

So great, the cancer u get from smoking these things will hurt you less due to the marihuana but still kill you - It's just lol...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:
cigarettes. . .would contain THC the cannabinoid that makes people high

Can it really be the case that tobacco companies are to be given the green light to lace their nicotine-laden cancer sticks with another potentially addictive product, THC?

If so, this is nothing short of an act of public betrayal from a Government which has spent millions of baht of taxpayer money on anti smoking propaganda and other measures - not least the recent big hike in cigarette prices - in an alleged bid to shrink the market.

The good news for the tobacco companies is the prospect of an even bigger market and fatter profits. The bad news is an increase in smokers will mean a bigger contribution from Thai victims to the seven million deaths a year worldwide caused by smoking. Not to mention yet more serious smokers' diseases, resulting in increased pressure on the creaking national health system.

Keeping the tobacco monopoly in clover appears to be a higher priority with the current incumbents of Government House than does caring for the nation 's health. What a pity the Thai electorate was unaware of this reality before they voted the general election.

Nope, just your terrible reading skills.

58 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Yet vaping is still illegal. If so how come lazada thailand is selling them . Can i have a pack of them cigs called Skunk please.   

Lazada is not a Thai company and those suppliers are abroad, little the Thai government can do other than try to intercept them.at the border, short of banning Lazada.

• Like 1

Really?  I have a high pressure career and like nothing more than a nice long weekend in Amsterdam to unwind from the stresses of my job.  

Never thought of myself as a junkie or a waster, but then I don't care what others label me as life's too short for worrying about what I am or what I am not.

What kind of work do you do?

41 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Nope, just your terrible reading skills.

OK. I obviously left school too early. What's your reading?

Edited by Krataiboy

I didnt see anyone talk about edibles. Edibles are THE most amazing and powerful thing ever.

The marijuana buds and leaves have to go through decarboxylation (110C in the oven for a couple hours) which makes it very powerful with a very small amount. (google it) Without decarboxylation it's worthless for eating or making teas.

In Edible form, weed causes no side effects to lungs, there is no need for smoking or vaping, no paranoia issues that usually comes from smoking it, no red eyes, and best of all it last MUCH longer.

i.e. 0.5 grams, can make you high for 12-24 hours (depending on your body weight). Then if it's a high CBD strain, you dont get at ALL! but you get the pain killer effect for a full day and immune system boost.

On the other hand, If one smoked that half gram, it's one getting high for a couple hours, and that's it, and hurt your lungs.

Edibles are so much underestimated. A tiny bit of decarboxylated weed in the morning coffee is amazing. It's so little amount needed.

They can be added to brownies, cakes, in the sandwich mixed with peanut butter, etc. they all give a pretty good results that last most of the day.

Edited by brfsa2
  • Thanks 1