Thai Tobacco Monopoly set to roll ganja spliffs!

On 5/1/2019 at 8:58 AM, webfact said:

Daonoi said it was unlikely that ganja leaf would be rolled up in cigarettes. 

Leaf? So glad those who will be producing cannabis in Thailand know what they're talking about.........NOT!

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

That there will not be any THC.

The TMM spokesperson for the TTM wasn't definitive, describing this as "unlikely". 

Assuming no THC, how would ganga, as the article puts it, "find its way into cigarettes"? If only as CBD oil, of what could the bulk of the cigarette contain other than tobacco?

It is not made clear in this relevant extract from the Bangkok Post article:

If permission is granted then ganja will find its way into cigarettes. 

However, those people who hope to get high on TTM cigarettes may be disappointed.
Daonoi said it was unlikely that ganja leaf would be rolled up in cigarettes. 
This would contain THC the cannabinoid that makes people high. 
More likely is that permission will be granted to use the ganja extract known as CBD oil that is not restricted in any way.

I haveI emailed the TTM for elucidation, but as yet received no reply.

10 hours ago, Denim said:

Not much THC in the leaves. Believe me , I've tried.

Had a Thai girlfriend that used to sell noodles and said the leaves were good for improving the taste but no getting high.

He means they make a better substrate ‘with the buds’ when rolling, instead of using the nicotine. 

Far at better tasting, and relaxing with zero nicotine toxins. 

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The most hilarious thing is that Vaporizers are also used to for cannabis oil and the very same devices are banned as vape devices.

So now medical marihuana is legal but you don't have a safe way to inhale them, you need to mix them with cancer sticks aka tobacco?

So great, the cancer u get from smoking these things will hurt you less due to the marihuana but still kill you - It's just lol...

Yeah very hilarious, best to have a spliff ‘100%’ green. F that nicotine crap ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

But the nicotine isn't even the problem, is the 4000 plus over chems in that crap mostly

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Got to love the irony . They worried young will pick up smoking if they legalise vaping but not worried young will pick up smoking if they mix some ganja into it?????

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

But the nicotine isn't even the problem, is the 4000 plus over chems in that crap mostly

And I for one fail to see how burning other types of leaves would be any better. Luckily CBD, THC and nicotine can all be extracted and used without a flame.

Im personally a weed smoker for 25 years but I'd say if they could get CBD cigarettes or something it would be amazing. Its far better than THC. Yes smoking weed the traditional way is nice and all, and also probably has its own medical benefits, but for the general man it doesn't have anywhere near the benefits as CBD oil has. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to smoke a spliff once in a while, it just means CBD benefits me far more in a medical sense than THC. Also something to note that I dont see much talk about is the hemp plant itself (fibres) for industrial use. Thats something I would like to jump on. Its great for industrial usage and has so far only been licensed to just a handful of companies. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Denim said:

Made from leaves or bud ?

I'm getting the distinct impression that people are getting the two mixed up.

Both have THC but in lesser or greater quantities.  'Bud' previously KA sinsi or sinsimella,  the unfertilised flower of the plant has become more common due to hydrophonic farming techniques....In the form of horrible skunk, a mind dulling, chemically infused, non creative narcotic. I remember the days of 'Jamaican red beard' 'derban poison' ' Congolese',  'Thai sticks' and 'Zambian'.  The problem is we dont know what strain the government backed tobacco companies of the world will offer...the mind numbing stuff or the creative stuff. Big difference.  It's really an area for small businesses,  entrepreneurs..ie ex or currently practising drug dealers...as been suggested in the Senate recently in the USA. Up till the 70s Thailand had very rational drug laws but had to jump to Nixon's so called war on drugs. I no longer indulge but regret nothing and fully support an individual's right to change their consciousness. Regarding addiction. : it's a medical issue. Not a police enforcement issue. The vast majority of recreational users have a great time and positive experience.  It's the minority who have issues.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:53 AM, Denim said:

Not much THC in the leaves. Believe me , I've tried.

Had a Thai girlfriend that used to sell noodles and said the leaves were good for improving the taste but no getting high.

My friend's special soup has zero effect, so I will agree with you on that. Perhaps it's ratio of leaves to soup, however. Or it could have something to do with the boiling process. Because the 'happy pizza' I've had in Cambodia most definitely had an effect... 

1 hour ago, Docno said:

My friend's special soup has zero effect, so I will agree with you on that. Perhaps it's ratio of leaves to soup, however. Or it could have something to do with the boiling process. Because the 'happy pizza' I've had in Cambodia most definitely had an effect... 

Its called decarboxylation, without heat, the THC is not activated, smoking it provides enough heat instantly, however boiling takes an hour, pizza being cooked at a temperature in between boiling and smoking, activates it during the minutes its baked.

Its called decarboxylation, without heat, the THC is not activated, smoking it provides enough heat instantly, however boiling takes an hour, pizza being cooked at a temperature in between boiling and smoking, activates it during the minutes its baked.
Thanks for the explanation... Always good to learn something new!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Arent the benefits of cbd all to do with mental health?

I thought pain also. No?

Anyway, cure the depression but die of cancer? I might take the depression. IMHO

On 5/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, elgenon said:

I thought pain also. No?

Anyway, cure the depression but die of cancer? I might take the depression. IMHO

There is anecdotal evidence that it can provide pain relief.  See my above post, it may well be that there is no intention to include tobacco.

leaf and bud trimmings can produce a fair bit of good quality thc, cookies etc as well as hash/oil all come from these discards in most cases once extracted through various means and they can have a pretty good kick when done right

On 5/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, Kieran00001 said:

There is anecdotal evidence that it can provide pain relief.  See my above post, it may well be that there is no intention to include tobacco.

I hope no tobacco but it sounded like there would be.

In America, football players are trying to get the league to OK pot. According to them it relieves the pain of their constant injuries without the problems of the opiods they are prescribed. It will happen sooner rather than later. IMHO

One of the big problems has been that researchers in America have been severely limited in their research into pot. I think there is one strain they are allowed to use and not that easy to come by. Pot has only fairly recently been outlawed. Even coke was available. Listen to Frank Sinatra sing he "gets no kicks from cocaine." There were no scientific reasons for the banning of pot. 

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

I hope no tobacco but it sounded like there would be.

In America, football players are trying to get the league to OK pot. According to them it relieves the pain of their constant injuries without the problems of the opiods they are prescribed. It will happen sooner rather than later. IMHO

One of the big problems has been that researchers in America have been severely limited in their research into pot. I think there is one strain they are allowed to use and not that easy to come by. Pot has only fairly recently been outlawed. Even coke was available. Listen to Frank Sinatra sing he "gets no kicks from cocaine." There were no scientific reasons for the banning of pot. 

I dont really understand your point, cocaine is a modern invention that has been banned a lot longer than it was legally available for, and it was banned in 1914, the year before Franky was born, so again I dont understand why you make this claim.  I do agree that there was no basis for banning pot though, I understand it was a racially motivated move.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Heads so much better. 

Leaf is a desperate substitute 

That depends on the strain and on the type of leaf.  Good strains will have very many trichomes on the leaf, especially bud leaf.  I used to manicure very good and any leaf with trichomes I would save and make killer hash. 

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Kieran00001 said:

Unless heated, the thc is inactive, so eating doesnt have an effect unless well cooked, that is why the soup had little effect but cookies baked with leaves do, that and the cultivar, there are strains today with more thc in the leaf than in the old Thai buds.

That is just not true.  If you heat trichomes, which are oil based, they dissipate into gases like a vaporizer and doesn't burn the leaf material completely that is why they are better than pure smoking, no tars from the leaf material.  Eat a chuck of hash and tell me you get no effects, I call BS.  It is slower to get into your system but trichomes don't need heat to be activated.  Cooking with too high a heat will vaporize the Trichomes and no benefit at all unless someone is there to inhale it.