Kushner hopes Israel will look at peace plan before any West Bank moves

webfact

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Not  for me. But  perhaps  the  denial of  any  further  material  gives you  cause  to  consider may be a chance to  consider  opinion  outside  of  your  strange  defensive  mindset.

You may as well be talking to yourself.

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

"Do not kill your children's future by poisoning them with fear".

That is the number one problem in Israel. It shouldn't be like that, but it is due bad politics over the years.

Israel could have been a thriving community, if only it had been governed by well thinking politicians, and not by the right wing nutters, who only wish to gain power to themselves. 

"Do not kill your children's future by poisoning them with fear".

You're down to posting cliches which do not even relate to the OP.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The roots go way back when most of the middle east attacked tiny Israel upon her legal foundation in 1948.

You can't blame Israel for focusing on security after that. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

You mean like the Allies attacked Vichy France when the Germans fairly and squarely founded it in 1940?

• Confused 2

You mean like the Allies attacked Vichy France when the Germans fairly and squarely founded it in 1940?

No connection. You're conflating the UN with the Nazis. I've heard some bizarre Israel demonization attempts but that one is special.

The founding of the state of Israel was a unique event in history.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

If only taking advantage of lies, deceit and double dealing by the allies of one's adversary's was unique in history.   

To Jewish folks- yes it was unique.  To the rest of us, it looks no different than what happened in Vichy France, Eastern Europe, Mesopotamia, and a dozen other places where territory was taken under force of arms after promises made to gain support in WWI and WWII were reneged on.

You feel better now?
I suggest you watch the BBC TV series The Story of the Jews.

14 minutes ago, oilinki said:
Watching that video. It's actually quite funny, how the Jews see themselves as sons of the King.

What actually gives them, the religious group, the feeling that they are above the rest of us?

That's what you took from that, eh? :stoner:

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Off topic, but very interesting...Mods will permit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism_and_Judaism

The relation seems to be tenuous, though. Much more consistent heritage from regional religions such as the Egyptian, Mesopotamian and Aramean cults, has been identified. The main author, Goodman, is not a recognised historian and barely cited, according to his Google scholar page.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

The relation seems to be tenuous, though. Much more consistent heritage from regional religions such as the Egyptian, Mesopotamian and Aramean cults, has been identified. The main author, Goodman, is not a recognised historian and barely cited, according to his Google scholar page.

Better not push the patience of the Mods, so no further response on this matter

Edited by simple1

So once  again  it comes down to the deflection of  debate over the  policies of the Israeli  Govt.

The  real debate  should  be about  the supposed  "Peace Plan"  to be  presented  by  Kushner.

It will of  course  be just another proposed  mandate  for Israel to maintain illegitimate occupation  with the blessing of the USA in return for  a "promise"  to  cease  further  encroachment. That be with a loop hole which  will involve "legitimate" defensive  military action  against  those  illegitimately  displaced historically who ask legitimately  for  the  right to  inhabit original territory without any actual religious claim to that natural right.

The  hypocrisy of the  many who use affiliation to a religion to  justify abuses for political advantage are the  lesser of humanity regardless of  whatever religion they tout!

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2019 at 12:02 PM, Jingthing said:

You feel better now?
I suggest you watch the BBC TV series The Story of the Jews.

Why would I watch yet another of dozens of documentaries about Jewish history that I've already watched?  Just like Christians always lose me at "the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ" (condemning most of the God's children to hell just as an accident of birthplace), Jews lose me when they claim to be God's chosen people, to the exclusion of the other 99.8% of the people in the world.  Of course, some of the documentaries come from the other side, completely dismissing the Bible as history, for lack of evidence.  In either case, I'm not too keen on a culture whose heroes tended to go around conquering towns and slaying every man, woman and child- in God's name.  Seems like that kind of role model would lead to and justify... well, exactly what's happening.  But I digress.

So I'll focus on the tangibles- the numbers- the history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)

Look at the timeline and show me exactly when Israel became the property of the folks that were pretty much missing for 1500 years.

Edited by impulse

54 minutes ago, impulse said:

ook at the timeline and show me exactly when Israel became the property of the folks that were pretty much missing for 1500 years.

Every country should give back whatever they took, we just need a date in time to rearrange the map. Wonder if there are any Etruscans left or Clovis people. Bet Hollywood belongs to Denisovans.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Why would I watch yet another of dozens of documentaries about Jewish history that I've already watched? 

I was specifically suggesting THAT one. I think Simon Schama is amazing.

Edited by Jingthing