Thai Address Confirmation for UK Off-shore Bank

Most Thai banks as far as I know give you the option of Thai or English language for statements. Just get the English one.

I suspect that perhaps your actual address is in the banks database in Thai language or you would have done that already.

If that is the case just get them to change your address in the database to English and then get the English statement with English address printed out. Normally costs a small amount of baht.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, doctormann said:

it really is getting to be a right PITA getting anything done with UK financial institutions now, because of the money laundering regulations.  I've lost count of the number of times that I've had to verify my existence, needing passport copies and various address confirmation documents.

Barclays seem to be being very picky, not accepting investment statements as proof of address.  This has not been a problem with any other institution that I've had dealings with.

I have an account with Santander in Jersey, they wanted proof of our new address here when we moved out of Bangkok.

Likewise they were very particular as to the evidence that was acceptable, having initially told me that my Thai Amex statement was acceptable, after I sent it they then told me it wasn't.
Confirmation from the British Embassy wasn't acceptable and neither was a certificate of residence from Thai Immigration, our power and water is billed by our estates Juristic Person and wasn't acceptable and neither was our phone bill.
I went to Kasikorn and they printed and stamped a statement in English and that was accepted, though I had to call them and confirm as they didn't bother advising me that my account wouldn't be blocked.
I suspect the real money launderers have no problem passing these tests.

• Like 1