Thunderstorm warning issued for weekend

rooster59

29 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Here in Ayutthaya it clouded over, wind built up, thunder in the distance and then ...........................zip !!

Style over substance?  Yep, a Thai rain storm. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

It looked promising here in Northern BKK a couple of hours ago, it's all disipated now. Still cloudy so maybe something will fire up later, garden needs water and the river is too low to pump ????

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Winds are picking up in the Don Mueang area of Northern Bangkok. The radar shows rain coming so.... Maybe a thunderstorm soon.

And it was, sat in the taxi 3 hours ago. Just pass wat laksi the sky was dark, flashing, and rain pouring so hard some of the cars on the highway decide to stop on the shoulder.

40346.thumb.jpg.2c0d8d6259f2e0b6a06dbbe67b569f35.jpg  40331.thumb.jpg.283202f7cb50d4715b98a15f58f50553.jpg

From the taxi to my doorstep, 3 meters. I was soaked.

Naff all here on the Darkside of sin city, during the day we had several cloud formations around us (according to satellite data) but it came to sweet fanny adams, it is cooler now, 23.45 hrs, but the air con is on in the bedroom so I'm off for a bit of belly boxing with the Mrs ????  

• Haha 1

Not a rain drop in Bangkok and Chonburi for almost 1 month, but I suspect something might happen during the night. 

Edited by balo

We got some thunder last night around 2130 but no rain.  Today the Sun is back out beating everything that grows and walks.  They are calling for rain but it never seems to make it over to us.  I don't know what folks without wells are going to do no way rice goes in while this is going on.  I don't plant rice there is no money in small rice production.  Our Turmeric is doing well due to the extensive irrigation and well system i have in place. 

I don't know what I will plant next, all depends on what mother nature throws at us. 

• Like 1

40c & clear blue skies here outside Udon, not a sign of rain ???? Been so long since last saw any rain, not sure would recognise anyway......................

Maybe the swimming pool will boil today? ????

4 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Another one hahaha? So where are these thunderstorms they keep predicting?

Michael Fish has nothing on Thai weathermen.

I can see them and hear them all around but so far it seems The Dome is keeping them away from our part of the east coast.

20 hours ago, balo said:

but I suspect something might happen during the night. 

Too warm was the reply from the GF even with the aircon on...go back to sleep she told me  :sad: