Typical dual pricing jerks

skippybangkok

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 6:11 PM, CharlieH said:

Yes, nong nooch was a good visit, kids loved it, free for them and 200 for adults. Good value as it was well presented and well organised. (IMHO)

received_1912852582166388.thumb.jpeg.64a0930706f16aed179583f3e1365560.jpegPhnomrung is another great place. 

On the way to Buriram. 

Well worth the few $ for a farang. 

Dates back to the 12th century and local history guides are very good. 

20180824_153032.jpg

20180917_133237.jpg

At the shop in Phayao where I buy my beer I am charged 600 baht per box of Leo bottles 620 ml. One  time i came home my wife asked what price did you pay. I told her 600 hundred. She said I normally only pay 598. Next time she asked the old Thai man why he charged me 600 baht he replied with Farang price.

When she arrived home and told my I could not stop laughing.  The farang price is every where.????

On 5/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, Pilotman said:

If you don't like it, don't go.   Most Thai 'attractions' are not even worth the Thai price. let alone anything more. 

Most Thai abstractions are brillian and good value for money. 100s of festivals are free which offset and dual pricing issues.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:48 PM, DILLIGAD said:

What would be their definition of a ‘resident’ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little known,  but tourists can actually get a two year driving license. TR Visa etc.

And then can ask about the local entry charge. 

Same as Thais get..

Little known,  but tourists can actually get a two year driving license. TR Visa etc.

And then can ask about the local entry charge. 

Same as Thais get..

I have been to attractions here with work permit, 2 x 5 year D/L’s & tax card but still asked to pay ‘white peoples’ fee’s. Obviously, I voted with my feet.

I believe about 3 years ago, the government gave guidance to not accept these as a reason to charge ‘Thai rates’

On 5/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, DILLIGAD said:

I have been to attractions here with work permit, 2 x 5 year D/L’s & tax card but still asked to pay ‘white peoples’ fee’s. Obviously, I voted with my feet.

I believe about 3 years ago, the government gave guidance to not accept these as a reason to charge ‘Thai rates’

The way I had it explained is private venues don't have to accommodate the same price level as Thais.

I could be wrong. 

But so far, I've been able to get a reasonable discount. 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, KittenKong said:

Has anyone actually ever seen any pay attraction here that was worth the entrance fee? I dont think I have which is why I never go to them.

years ago i used to go to suan siam, but then my gf had these thai person entry cards and i always used one to go through an automatic ticket gate ????, it was good value for the thai price, i wouldn't have paid the foreigner price which was considerably more; something like 40baht/400baht. mad.

Archived