Certified copy of UK passport

Depending on requirement I have used a Pattaya based registered local notary for certifying my UK passport. This was for UK banks / UK pension life certificate / legal cases. All accepted with no problem. Only Bt500 per page and fast service.

Euro Thai Law, opposite side entrance to Big C off Suk / South Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Depending on requirement I have used a Pattaya based registered local notary for certifying my UK passport. This was for UK banks / UK pension life certificate / legal cases. All accepted with no problem. Only Bt500 per page and fast service.

so if one has a 48 paged passport this is 500 X 48 equals 24,000 baht.....a new passport only costs around 6,400 baht...there is something wrong with your comment !!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so if one has a 48 paged passport this is 500 X 48 equals 24,000 baht.....a new passport only costs around 6,400 baht...there is something wrong with your comment !!!!

You only need the ID page to be certified. Doh!!

23 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Yes. There are lawyers in Soi Post Office who do the same thing for about the same price.

The main stumbling block is knowing whether the entity asking for the certified copy will accept one from a Thai lawyer or not. They usually do, but not always.

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

How do they certify it, check its real, check content, what exactly ?

They dont check that it is real. They just copy it and then certify that the copy is an exact copy of the original.

Usually the only requirement is for the photo ID page, though I suppose that in some cases other pages might be needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

That only certify that it is a true and correct copy of the passport photo page.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

They certify that the copy is a true copy of the original passport and that they have seen the original passport. This really is a standard procedure....... 

Just now, essox essox said:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no you dont.

When I got my new passport last October they COPIED ALL of the pages......DUMBO...

anyway I could not give a toss.....I have my new one and thats it.....!!!! and went to Jomtien where they NEVER asked for a certified passport......END OF STORY...

I think you boys are getting your wires crossed.

The full passport copy requirements are for British passport through VfS Global...... nothing needs certifying.

The ID page certification is usually for bank/pension requirements.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That only certify that it is a true and correct copy of the passport photo page.

So in essence it’s the copy that’s certified, not the passport.Reminds me an income letter from an Embassy! 

14 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

What if you need it certified for the amphur to prove marriage?

To register a marriage it would be the same certification but they would want it translated to Thai and have it certified by the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

• Like 1

To register a marriage it would be the same certification but they would want it translated to Thai and have it certified by the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.
Thanks,so it has to be certified by the British Embassy,in Bkk? The marriage was in the UK ,that end is done

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, ivor bigun said:

Thanks,so it has to be certified by the British Embassy,in Bkk? The marriage was in the UK ,that end is done

By the UK embassy in Bangkok if needed to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry. Not all Amphoes will ask for it.

Have you had your marriage certificate legalized in the UK yet?

By the UK embassy in Bangkok if needed to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry. Not all Amphoes will ask for it.
Yes all done in uk thanks Milton keynes and Thai embassy

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I know Banglamung Pattaya require it ,anywhere close that you know of that does not? someone asked me the other day and i did not know .

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I know Banglamung Pattaya require it ,anywhere close that you know of that does not? someone asked me the other day and i did not know .

I don't know which Amphoes do not want a certified copy of the passport.

As far as I know all Amphoes want the marriage certificate to be legalized.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes all done in uk thanks Milton keynes and Thai embassy

That's the correct procedure to legalise a UK marriage certificate.

It now requires translating to Thai, then the translation and marriage certificate legalising by the Consular section of the MFA to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't know which Amphoes do not want a certified copy of the passport.

As far as I know all Amphoes want the marriage certificate to be legalized.

Some Amphoe's want the marriage certificate and a copy of your passport translating and legalising.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Some Amphoe's want the marriage certificate and a copy of your passport translating and legalising.

Yes ,i was just wondering which near Pattaya do not need a passport legalising , ,saves having to go to BKK British Embassy to get it done ,i suppose .

37 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes ,i was just wondering which near Pattaya do not need a passport legalising , ,saves having to go to BKK British Embassy to get it done ,i suppose .

If needed you can do the certification by mail to the embassy. Click the link I posted on page one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If needed you can do the certification by mail to the embassy. Click the link I posted on page one.

Thanks i told the old guy what you said and that he could do it via post ,even downloaded the forms for him ,but he seems wary ,i think he was a bit afraid that they may tell the pension service he lives here wonder why  ,LOL, dont know if they do .