Security code?

Gandtee

I have just switched to AIS for internet and TV. My computer and TV work fine but I can't get online with my laptop. OK, I'm a dummy. I'm being asked to enter the security code. I thought the code is on the router. I've entered it and it's incorrect. Where am I going wrong? Any suggestions. But not that I shouldn't get involved with this Hitec stuff at my age????.

You said your PC gets on line.  So as one poster was suggesting, I guess you are hooked up by LAN.   But I bet you are trying to use WIFI for the laptop.   You need to get on the PC (LAN connection), log on to the modem/router as admin/owner, and set up a WIFI password.  And then set up the connection on your laptop using that password.

6 minutes ago, noise said:

You said your PC gets on line.  So as one poster was suggesting, I guess you are hooked up by LAN.   But I bet you are trying to use WIFI for the laptop.   You need to get on the PC (LAN connection), log on to the modem/router as admin/owner, and set up a WIFI password.  And then set up the connection on your laptop using that password.

They should have run him through WiFi setup.  Did they not have you enter a password at some point (that you need to remember)?  Have you tried admin as security code?  Often that is used until new password set (which should be done - but admit have no idea what AIS modem requires).  Can you connect with laptop directly with cable?

Lopburi3 is correct, AIS should have run through the process with you.  And you were right when you said the code (i.e., the wifi password) should be in the modem/router.   But were you using the password you set up for the modem's access to the AIS network?  Different password.

Can you use your PC and log in entering user name as admin (most likely) and password and then go through the wifi set up and see what is there?  Have you tried that?

Thankyou to all those offering advice. My computer savvy Thai nephew arrived last night and I'm leaving him to sort it out. he got onto AIS who said they will get back to him after checking with their mechanic. My wife wasn't around to get instructions when AIS was installed. This highlights the importance of learning the language. Thanks again.