Thai Airways’ profits dive 83% year-on-year

webfact

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was waiting for years for them to have sales to travel to Australia, so in all those years of travel to Australia in the interim, they have lost out as other carriers like Jetstar have fares at less than halve the price Thai airways have been offering, and those are direct flights from Phuket to Sydney, although I did fly with AirAsia to Sydney once via Malaysia, the change was a bit boring but hey, i.e. 3 hour layover, but the fare was still half the price.

The above said, Thai Airways fly bigger planes with more room, food and alcohol free, as is entertainment, but hey, iPads/tablets these days sort that out, as do ready made meals to take on board, and if you need a drink, you pay a little extra or go without.

All of the above said, I would fly Thai Airways to Sydney for $800AUS return, but not over $1,000 when I can get there direct for $580AUS from Phuket all inclusive, just have to take some food/snacks on board, it all adds up when you have a big family of 6, so if Thai Airways wants to stay in the game, it has to drop it's pants, i.e. it's called competition, or better abng for your buck !

"those are direct flights from Phuket to Sydney,"

They fly to melbourne last time i looked

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

"those are direct flights from Phuket to Sydney,"

They fly to melbourne last time i looked

Jetstar fly direct to Sydney from Phuket.

I have tickets for October which also say that.

You might be thinking Bangkok, as they fly to Melbourne, although I also think some flights go to Singapore from Phuket first ?

• Thanks 1