Reason for anti-falang rules?

I am under the impression that countries want MORE tourists to come and spend money.  Stay as long as possible and help the economy grow.  Does anyone know of any reasons why it keeps getting harder for us over the years?

Does thailand really have a huge number of tourists that overstay and go broke like the following story?

12 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

A couple of years back I started to notice this English guy who hung around the fruit section of Big C Extra. He didn't appear to be shopping, and he was acting kind of furtively. After a few quick glances he would grab a bit of fruit and stuff it in his mouth, then casually walk away. With oranges (his apparent favourite) he would quickly rip them apart, stuff half in his mouth and leave the peels among the fruit tray. For months I used to walk past the orange trays to check for discarded peels to see if he had visited, and sure enough there would be. Used to crack me up. It was out-and-out stealing, but I found it quite amusing. He was also a regular at Friendship, sitting outside shirtless among other regulars and with a bottle of water. I wonder what happened to him?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Hopefully after they have put 800k into a Thai bank account - suddenly seems like a good idea for the Thais, doesn't it?

Maybe. Being poor would appear to be more of a crime in Thailand than eating an orange at Big C.

He ate the orange constantly, daily, for months.  I assumed stores had great security as its only 200 baht a shift

They probably caught him at eventually if he kept coming

My point of the thread is still, all these anti farang rules just lower thai economy overall. 

If they are criminals, they will get arrested here.

If they are poor and stealing fruit, they will get deported eventually (hopefully)

Are you under the impression that immigration rules only apply to caucasians?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, TheMysteriousMrTesla said:

Then why not get visa or extension that doesn't need visa trips?

I've not left the country for 5 years or so and visit immigration once a year, it's hardly a major drain on my time.

Yes report once a year like a criminal on good behavior.  Tell them what you do and where you live.   

What type of visa? 

Great username, why did u choose that?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

A novel theory here..

Most of Asia (from Burma eastwards),  has traditionally been insular/xenophobic.

This fact is reflected in visa policies.

I consider most countries in that geographical space as milder versions of N. Korea.

People here say Philipines/indonesia/viet/cambodia treat farangs MUCH better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

Yes report once a year like a criminal on good behavior.  Tell them what you do and where you live.   

What type of visa? 

Great username, why did u choose that?

No, you got that wrong !

You report every 90 days and the visa/extension is annual.(dependent on visa classification)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, losworld said:

why not simply not allow anyone in with criminal records duh or you one to presume that everyone is guilty until proven innocent?

Bit of a contradiction there with the "or". But I think I know what you meant.