Trump allows attorney general to declassify information about origins of Russia probe

webfact

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I'll remind you his name is Barr he is the AG of the USA

Known as "Cover-up General Barr" since 1992.  He has a long history of believing the President is above the law, and acting accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Known as "Cover-up General Barr" since 1992.  He has a long history of believing the President is above the law, and acting accordingly.

Apparently cover up didn't have much to do to earn him another appointment ! So much for history repeating itself! Democracy wins again

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

Apparently cover up didn't have much to do to earn him another appointment ! So much for history repeating itself! Democracy wins again

Are you kidding?  Being the Cover-up General is why Trump appointed him.  Barr never sees anything being done by the President as a crime.  Now he's gone one step further and is promising to "find" crimes for the President.  The concern is that he will invent crimes where none exists.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

the great unraveling of this Trump Russia conspiracy hoax investigation is here. We will eventually find out the origins, the construction, then players. some heads are gonna roll.

Unless crimes are invented, all that will be accomplished is a reminder of the corrupt and incompetent people in Trump's election campaign.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

declassification of documents bring you concerns. so you attack the Ag credibility.  defense 101

The critics are about 'selective' declassification, not declassification. I guess all people whom are critical to Barr are for full transparency: declassification of all documents without selection by Barr.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The critics are about 'selective' declassification, not declassification. I guess all people whom are critical to Barr are for full transparency: declassification of all documents without selection by Barr.

You mean like Eric Holder did with “Fast and Furious”?
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, candide said:

Dr. Barr is a proctologist, this is gonna hurt. But they are gonna claim he left something up inside no matter what. 

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

That's right. Barr was the guy who recommended to George H.W. Bush that he pardon the accused perpetrators of Irangate. Or was it called Contragate? Bush himself, most likely being one of them.

Edited by bristolboy

5 hours ago, cbtstorm said:

declassification of documents bring you concerns. so you attack the Ag credibility.  defense 101

The AG's credibility, with regard to declassification of documents, is already proven to be a dubious affair.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

The AG's credibility, with regard to declassification of documents, is already proven to be a dubious affair.

By who , never trumpers , the whole dem party and sympathizers. sources  for this claim 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mogandave said:

So you’re already setting up the old “crimes were invented” defense...

There are two likely outcomes:

The investigation shows everything was done properly, but is kept open during the 2020 campaign to Trump can insist otherwise then, after the election, quietly dies.

The investigators provide a report detailing debates on how to proceed (there are always debates), and Barr cherry-picks the parts of the debates that support his (Trump's) conclusions, but recommends against charges so the full report can not be put in context.

6 hours ago, cbtstorm said:

Politically biased declassification by an Attorney General appointed to protect the President, not the constitution, gives me concerns.

Conservative columnist William Safire attacked Barr's credibility in 1992 when he gave him the name "Cover-up General Barr".  Barr has lived down to that name ever since.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

No the real dubious affair was the last three years. "Trump a russian agent"

Dems went all out on this and we'll get to the bottom of why. I suspect its not just an election loss. 

Ofcourse attacking barr is just standard defense tactic even before any declassification. I wont matter though. I wonder who will be indicted first.

or will it be several at once.

Why would anyone think Trump was a Russia agent?  Oh, I remember:

All US intelligence agencies agreed that Russia interfered with the 2016 election.

Trump was running a "Let's be friends with Russia" campaign while pursuing a major real estate deal in Moscow.

Trump asked Russia to hack Hillary's emails.

Trump encouraged everyone to check out Wikileaks, which was releasing emails hacked by Russia.

Trump hired lots of people for his campaign with shady Russia connections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1