Has anyone else been offered a "special service" (guaranteed entry) at Swampy airport? My experience flying into BKK last night

Sensational. I've inferred from other posts that the Immigration regulations confer wide powers of discretion on IOs of a certain rank and above, which is how visa agents "facilitate" extensions that don't comply with the standard regulations. Evidently this particular IO has decided to go into business for himself. Since - if my inference is correct - he's not exceeding his authority but merely exercising the discretion the regulations give him, I can't see where the objection is apart from the straightforward bribe (or facilitation fee) that he's charging 

48 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Surprising that anyone will believe this cock and bull story. Corrupt officials are much more smarter than putting foreigners on LINE for bribes.

Wow. Tell us how you really feel !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

yeah i'll remember that when i'm sitting smugly in IDC

"ha, i showed him"

The point in this case was that there was no request for money to solve an immediate problem, and indeed there was no immediate problem. The OP was not going to be detained for anything yesterday.

It was a future payment to avoid imaginary future problems that was under discussion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

It's called Finance, IT or Fintech - most likely as a consultant.

Spent 30+ years in IT, fair proportion of my early days were as a freelancer. I was never good enough to only have to work 2 weeks in 5 months.

Would be much more interested to hear from the OP how he manages it.

• Like 2