PM candidate Boris Johnson to face court over Brexit comments

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Wow 100 M a week is not a big deal, how many hospitals and schools does that add up to a year. Anyway this talk about 250 M is way off the mark, as we get a large amount back in direct subsidies. Also the trade benefit of having tariff free access to the largest market in the world is vast compared with what we pay in. Why do you think Germany, France etc etc were keen to expand the EU, it meant a bigger market for everyone's goods. Trade is the greatest contributor to world prosperity - and if I might quote Molesworth "As evry ful kno".

No we don't. We get about 4B rebate and 4B subsidies, with much of the latter going to rich landowners or allocated for mainly useless cash boosts to credit the EU. The bizarre thing is that these grants are also from our own money anyway! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

It was a suggestion, more than an implication .

The word used was "Could be" , it didnt say *Would be *

It was "lets". A suggestion more than a promise. Leavers can filter this stuff out as they are aware that promises like this are only able to be fulfilled by people in power, as Boris was not at the time of the referendum campaign. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I agree that Farage should have been the first to be brought to book over the lies.  If politicians could seriously be jailed for lying then Farage would be on a life sentence by now.  As for Trump... well the key would have been thrown away years ago!

But politicians and lying go hand in hand.  In the past if a politician was found to be lying he would have fallen on his/her sword and resigned.  If that happened these days the Houses of Parliament would be empty.  And it all get's absorbed into a continual cycle of spin.  As Penny Mordaunt said today, "Policy has given way to presentation".  Watch out for Ms Mordaunt, she may just be biding her time before throwing her hat in the ring and if she does then she could stir things up a bit.

What lies has Farage told?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, candide said:

So to summarise, per week:

- 13 billion divided by 52, that's a contribution of 250 million per week.

- 9 billion divided by 52, that's a net cost of 173 million per week.

And 18.6 billion per week?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

And 18.6 billion per week?

How much we E.U. get now by week net ? I like to know if it is worth all the hassle to give those forever extensions ..:clap2:

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

How much we E.U. get now by week net ? I like to know if it is worth all the hassle to give those forever extensions ..:clap2:

I'm sorry you'll read that again!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not worth it. EU should stop the extensions!  :clap2:

If I know the figure I would like to make the worth or not worth option for them deciding by myself , thank you :wink:,

it looks a little bit as "renting" a E.U.membership now , or a "pre vasal state" membership :tongue:

Edited by david555

(So bye bye  Boris it seems....)

https://news.sky.com/story/chancellor-philip-hammond-could-try-to-bring-down-next-government-to-block-no-deal-11731411

Chancellor Philip Hammond could try to bring down next government to block no-deal

Mr Hammond says "national interest trumps the party interest" and vows to "act in what I believe is the best interest" of the UK.

By Aubrey Allegretti, political reporter

Chancellor Philip Hammond has suggested he could try to bring down the government to block a no-deal Brexit.

In an exclusive interview with Sky News, he left open the option of backing a no-confidence vote against the next prime minister to stop them pursuing something "not in Britain's interests".

Tory MPs vying to replace Theresa May have been jockeying over whether they would ensure the UK leaves the EU on 31 October regardless of whether or not parliament passes a withdrawal agreement.

Three former cabinet ministers have committed to doing so - Esther McVey, Dominic Raab and Boris Johnson.

Mr Hammond said he was meeting all the candidates this week to decide who to back.

"I would not support a policy of no-deal by choice," he told Sky News.

more...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

If a Doctor clammed to be overworked , working 70 hours a week and you found out that he only worked 60 hours a week , take him to Court for lying ?

How would that affect me and why would I have any claim?

But if I Did not have a particular malady  and he knew It, but said I Did ,for personal claim , then I think I have a very good claim.

I think Boris knowingly lied for personal gain , I think he is liable, and I think politicians should be held to the same standard.

How would that affect me and why would I have any claim?
 But if I Did not have a particular malady  and he knew It, but said I Did ,for personal claim , then I think I have a very good claim.
I think Boris knowingly lied for personal gain , I think he is liable, and I think politicians should be held to the same standard.

Well now..at least 95% of politicians globally would be in the dock

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Just now, malagateddy said:

Hope some Brexiteer has little bit of " dirt " about hammond which can be spread at the right time.
Politics being the dirtiest " sport " in the world.

What!! Even dirtier than woman's mud wrestling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thairealist said:

Then why are you giving these extensions, that the British people do not want. If it’s not for the money.

my question was exactly about the money …, maybe it is worth the money ? I never said the E.U. does not like money …. they do :wink: !….. as proven as they wait the 39 billion ...:clap2:

I think all like money …, as even there was a red bus with plenty money mentioned on the sides to bring to NHS ….became a reason for ….U.K. Brexit I remember :tongue:

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Hope some Brexiteer has little bit of " dirt " about hammond which can be spread at the right time.
Politics being the dirtiest " sport " in the world.

Oh.., I am sure all sides are digging for dirt now, to throw to each other , interesting times coming ..:wink:

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 5:57 PM, snoop1130 said:

During both time periods outlined above, the (proposed) defendant repeatedly lied and misled the British public as to the cost of EU membership, expressly stating, endorsing or inferring that the cost of EU membership was 350 million pounds ($442 million) per week,” the application against Johnson said. 

I guess fake news are hunting him, shouldn't have mislead people