Lazada vs. Shopee

Bang Bang

1 hour ago, QPRFC said:

I have found Lazada ships much quicker than Shopee as most of their goods are already based in Thailand, unlike China for Shopee. 

Also, the Lazada customer service is great, they take care of returns and actively seek to get your money back. Shopee just direct you to the sellers.

On a downside, I find Lazada prices are higher. 

I guess it depends on what specific products you're looking for...

When I'm shopping online and look for a particular item, usually, there seem to be more China sellers than there are local ones. But you can go into the setting on the left hand column, and choose only local sellers, and exclude all the other country sellers including China.

To me, Lazada is the Thailand King of Junk Chinese merchandise.

• Haha 1

I’ve just ordered a Dry cabinet from Shoppee.

The same vendor selling this item on Shoppee, Lazada & their own website/shop we’re all different prices, so I always compare item cost and delivery charges before buying from either of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Funny that, I thought I was buying a small tin of liver latte from Lazada for 85Bt (same tin 65Bt at Foodland) then when I went to buy it, it had taxes which took it up to 115Bt, and no, I did not buy it.

When I consider the cost and the labor involved in taking an online order, buying and printing a shipping label, buying a shipping box or envelope, picking the inventory and putting it in the box, taping up the box, handing the shipment off to the courier, paying the courier, and paying Lazada's percentage, I'm amazed that they even accept orders for 115 baht worth of stuff, much less a 65 baht item.

If I were to go to Foodland to buy that same item, it would cost me 40 baht R/T for the motosai taxi alone.  And $10-20 worth of my time at the pay rate I made while working in BKK. 

Not to mention how many times I have gone to Foodland and found out they were out of the items I wanted to buy...

Bottom line, 65 baht items are not really conducive to online selling.  So not a good criteria to judge the entire platform.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Actually Chrome for Windows and MacOS can also automatically translate pages. Only trouble is with drop-down menus. Sometimes (or rather often) it either fails to translate them or they are translated but you can not click on them to select them, and unfortunately that's how you mostly enter address (choose province.... game over).

The translation issue is also a problem on many Thai website where they do their section headings or other content as graphic images instead of actual text. Google Translate and all of the similar online translation methods won't/don't translate image files that show some text content.

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Actually Chrome for Windows and MacOS can also automatically translate pages. Only trouble is with drop-down menus. Sometimes (or rather often) it either fails to translate them or they are translated but you can not click on them to select them, and unfortunately that's how you mostly enter address (choose province.... game over).

I was able to obtain translation by clicking on drop down field without entering information - it then provided an English text of what required in that specific field and then just filled in one field at a time.  Had no issues becoming member or entering address or setting up direct payment from Bangkok Bank using Chrome on PC.

16 hours ago, alien365 said:

I've found Lazada has become increasingly expensive and has very few good deals on what I look for anymore. I usually find the product on Lazada, then copy and paste the Thai from it in shoppee and find things far cheaper.

Precisely correct. Smart move.

Lazada is easier to deal with but Shopee often has items Lazada doesn't or simply cheaper.

Lazada has better customer support, faster delivery in general.

While it's true the competitive shopping experience could be easier I have extra time and consider it an exercise in sleuthing to find the best deal.

I have to admit I usually tend toward Lazada for more expensive items just in case something goes wrong. The possible slightly higher price I put down to a form of insurance.

Lazada's English chat support ranges from acceptable to very good.

Like online shopping anywhere, the more time you spend the better your final satisfaction.

Up to you as to how to spend your time vs money.

• Like 2

I just cancelled an order with Lazada for Shope,, tired of their incompetent customer service. Shopee ended up being cheaper as well.

Next orders for me will be Shopee, until I encounter issues there as well, after that wait, weigh and see.

37 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Precisely correct. Smart move.

Lazada is easier to deal with but Shopee often has items Lazada doesn't or simply cheaper.

Lazada has better customer support, faster delivery in general. 

While it's true the competitive shopping experience could be easier I have extra time and consider it an exercise in sleuthing to find the best deal.

I have to admit I usually tend toward Lazada for more expensive items just in case something goes wrong. The possible slightly higher price I put down to a form of insurance.

Lazada's English chat support ranges from acceptable to very good.

Like online shopping anywhere, the more time you spend the better your final satisfaction.

Up to you as to how to spend your time vs money.

My experience with customer support: Lazada just handles to their policy, Shopee is friendly and really trying to help.

• Like 1

My experience with customer support: Lazada just handles to their policy, Shopee is friendly and really trying to help.
Good to hear. Haven't had much interaction with shoppe service.

Lazada also doesn't allow direct pay from Bangkok Bank card while Shopee does. I have to periodically manually top up my Lazada wallet by going to Big C with cash. Annoying.

No problems with Shopee yet except slow delivery compared to lazada. Usually 4-6 days more.

I think between those 2 I find most of what I want.

Thanks for info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ah good!   An opportunity to vent:

For some reason Lazada has started using Ninjavan delivery service as one of their deliverers.  Unbelievably bad service!  I will never order anything delivered by them again. 

I ordered a TV c.o.d and it took them 25 days after picking it up from the supplier to call me about delivery.  They said they had high volume and couldn't say when it would be delivered when I contacted Ninjavan about a week after they picked it up.  I had a similar experience with Ninjavan with a Decathlon delivery I had paid for in advance.  Eventually Decathlon just gave up and sent the bike via Lalamove.    

Click-through success for me, with a couple hundred orders, on Lazada is 100%, as is customer sat. I only do COD.

Shopee, click through success ~ 15%, yeah prices look good then no inventory. Shopee seems to be where a lot of folks buy job lots then resell online.

I guess it's popular in Taiwan?

Edited by mtls2005

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Ah yes, Ninja Van... I complained to Lazada for a month after Ninja left my stuff at their warehouse for over a month by then. Took Lazada close to a month to get them to actually deliver things, making it 2 months from purchase by then and ... I wish they never delivered. The things were totally smashed up. Anything big/heavy from Lazada will go to NinjaVan which is the worst delivery company in Thailand. Unfortunately you have no choice nor get informed of who's delivering until after you've placed order - and by the time you see Ninja pick stuff up you can no longer cancel.

I can't understand why a company would choose to use Ninjavan.  I guess they balance customer dissatisfaction against low delivery prices.  Or maybe there is some darker force at work.  They are just unbelievably bad at what they do.  

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

I just cancelled an order with Lazada for Shope,, tired of their incompetent customer service. Shopee ended up being cheaper as well.

Next orders for me will be Shopee, until I encounter issues there as well, after that wait, weigh and see.

As per my post above ....  I just had to buy the AC at that price ....  a sucker for punishment !