Mueller says he could not charge Trump as Congress weighs impeachment

webfact

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion. In my opinion it was a political witch hunt and a farce.

BTW, the US is not a democracy, it is a republic, as Bill O'Reilly was fond of saying.

BTW, the US is a democratic republic, and can be legitimately referred to as either a democracy or a republic.  Only pretentious fools pull the "republic not a democracy" argument.

Edited by heybruce

6 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

I take it you are still delusional to think russia had any real influence on the vote or the outcome. 

not any more than anytime before the man you hate won.

People made up their minds and voted. She lost.

get over it and get on with some form of a life

Still pretending you know what the outcome of the election would have been without Russian interference.  You don't.  Get over it.  The more you claim such knowledge the more you come across as a fool.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On the bright side. 

Manafort, Flynn and Stone won't be voting any time soon. 

And on the real sunny bright side.... Manafort has now been transferred to Riker's Island. 

I've said for a long time, Trump needs to get focussed on prison reform. 

What did Trump say?  "I hire the best people" or something like that?

• Like 2

During Obama, constitution was used like a toilet paper. When lawyers like Obama and his team start to play with laws then we see in return a POTUS like Trump. He is likely to win second term regardless of the showdown by the very angry democrats.☑

Edited by Thaifriends

3 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

During Obama, constitution was used like a toilet paper. When lawyers like Obama and his team start to play with laws then we see in return a POTUS like Trump. He is likely to win second term regardless of the showdown by the very angry democrats.☑

Can you give examples of Obama "used the constitution like a toilet paper"? 

BTW:  Very few posts, pro-Trump and anti-Obama, awkward grammar and improper use of indefinite articles---nothing suspicious in the Russian troll sense there.

2 hours ago, riclag said:

I have no idea what your talking about . I was  responding to #342 "And evidence indicates that Vlad, once confronted by Obama, did reduce the interference.  However now that Vlad's candidate won, we can expect much more of that kind of interference".

I responded that the prior admin. did very little to change interference. Its so obvious that for years during Obama, Vlad kept it up!. Now the bias media  neglects to mention this!  And puts the blame on Mr. Trump ! What's Trump doin ! The same as every POTUS

Yes, I read your post, thanks.

Let's try again - the standing position of pro-Trump posters is that he's an improvement over past Presidents, and specifically his predecessor. Saying that Obama failed to address Russian efforts doesn't explain whether Trump's dealing with the issue is better, similar or worse.

So far, Trump alternated between claiming that there was no Russian intervention effort, or that such efforts were ineffective. I hope you understand the two propositions are different, because your own posts often echo the President's views on this matter.

I don't think Obama did a good job dealing with the Russian intervention issue, but also that the timing in which it became more pressing was problematic - opening that can of worms just before the elections could have been interpreted as trying to effect the outcome. With hindsight, it probably should have been addressed earlier, or even near the elections, regardless of optics. I would be very surprised if the timing wasn't calculated by the Russian side. Well played, that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You've gone from complaining about how long the bill is, with provisions to improve ethics and eliminate gerrymandering, to focusing on one perceived flaw.  Why didn't you focus on your perceived flaw to being with?

The penalty for illegal voting is severe, the reward is hypothetical to non-existent, and the evidence it is a problem is nonresistant.   I know Republicans want to suppress voter turnout by anguishing over non-existent fraud, but you should at least give some real examples of such fraud if you want to convince the majority.

ONE perceived flaw?

what bill are you reading?

45 minutes ago, heybruce said:
53 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

I take it you are still delusional to think russia had any real influence on the vote or the outcome. 

not any more than anytime before the man you hate won.

People made up their minds and voted. She lost.

get over it and get on with some form of a life

Still pretending you know what the outcome of the election would have been without Russian interference.  You don't.  Get over it.  The more you claim such knowledge the more you come across as a fool.

well Bruce, just keep hanging on to that desperate "stolen" election mantra for all its worth. 

the longer you do the sillier you look

5 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

well Bruce, just keep hanging on to that desperate "stolen" election mantra for all its worth. 

I think the one turning it into a "mantra" is yourself. Did anyone else use that term?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morch said:
9 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

I think the one turning it into a "mantra" is yourself. Did anyone else use that term?

well, 2 1/2 years of repeating the same desperate fallacy about an election being stolen would be a mantra,

or a cult perhaps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elmrfudd said:

well, 2 1/2 years of repeating the same desperate fallacy about an election being stolen would be a mantra,

or a cult perhaps.

Again, other than you, who's using it on this topic?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the present attacks on Trump far exceed the normal political discourse, and are breaking the USA.

Has any other president been subject to such excessive and long continual attacks?

The Dems should be careful of what they wish for, as if the next president is a Democrat, they can expect a repeat of the same on them.

While impeachment is obviously the Dem's aim, chances of success are slim to zero, so what is the point, other than causing more chaos?

However, I'm comforted to remember that should Trump be impeached and removed, Pence will make the Dems regret that they did so. I'm almost tempted to hope Trump is impeached just to see Pence in action.

I get the feeling that many that want Trump impeached actually believe that HRC will take over, because they don't understand that the VP does.

Right. Nothing whatsoever to do with Trump's own style of "discourse", politics or policies. He's just a poor POTUS defending himself against the nasty, nasty media. Was there any other President who was so busy picking petty fights with anyone not adulating him? Was there any other President with similarly troubled relationship facts, reality and truth?

Yeah, but do go on about "exceeding normal political discourse" and "breaking the USA" - things you seem to find the media responsible for, and totally unrelated to the President.

I get the feeling that you're making things up about beliefs regarding HRC taking over.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Morch said:
8 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

or a cult perhaps.

Again, other than you, who's using it on this topic?

you mean like making the unfounded assumption russia changed the election outcome?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

you mean like making the unfounded assumption russia changed the election outcome?

You mean like making it sound like that was the claim? Because I think most not-over-the-top posters talk about effect, without fully committing to what results would have been otherwise. That said, with the narrow margins involved, it's not all that far fetched as you try and paint it.

But "stolen"? I think that's you're term.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

Well elmr, keep misstating my clearly stated positions and attributing words to me that I never posted.  I never said the election was stolen.

I assume you can't argue with my actual posts so you invent posts you can argue with and attribute them to me.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

You seem to be retreating into your own paranoia.  Show me the post by anyone who said Russia stole the election.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

You seem to be retreating into your own paranoia.  Show me the post by anyone who said Russia stole the election.

so when you say that Russian interference effected the outcome, this is not claiming the election result would have been different?

or are you saying it would not have changed the outcome? which is it?

"As I stated, rational people understand there is no way to know the outcome of the election if there had been no interference.  The fact that you think otherwise says all we need to know about your rationality."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Morch said:
14 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

You mean like making it sound like that was the claim? Because I think most not-over-the-top posters talk about effect, without fully committing to what results would have been otherwise. That said, with the narrow margins involved, it's not all that far fetched as you try and paint it.

But "stolen"? I think that's you're term.

right, so you think it would have been a different outcome then? 

27 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

i posted several sections bruce

When you addressed several sections, post #401, I addressed several sections in post #403.  When you stated the entire bill was written to reduce identity verification, post #410, I addressed that.  You seem to have trouble with numbers.

28 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

so when you say that Russian interference effected the outcome, this is not claiming the election result would have been different?

or are you saying it would not have changed the outcome? which is it?

"As I stated, rational people understand there is no way to know the outcome of the election if there had been no interference.  The fact that you think otherwise says all we need to know about your rationality."

Seriously?  I never said Russian interference definitely affected the election outcome.  I said, as repeated above, "there is no way to know the outcome of the election if there had been no interference".  Is the idea beyond your comprehension?

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

There's an excellent article in Slate laying out in detail how Mueller Barr lied repeatedly.

Typo?

There is no question that Barr is lying - he has a horrible tell: his lips move. Old lawyer joke.

The question is why does he do it?

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."

Barr is gently massaging the president's fragile psyche, the facts, the law and the table.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1