800K 5 Months 400K Indefinitely In Bank For Ext To Stay Based In Retirement

Complete nonsense!

Furthermore tge vast majority if Imm offices gave no agents operating. The agent 5hing us limited to locations with large numbers of expats.

Yet these many other Imm offices also do the various things some are suggesting are done for the purpose of encouraging use of agents.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graviton said:

are you saying money/income needed in all but 3 countries worldwide?

I suppose I not express myself clearly enough.

All countries except 3 (Australia, Great Britain, U.S.A.) still issue a Letter of Income/Affidavit at their embassy and is still accepted by Immigration.

No need to have any money in a Thai bank account or to transfer monthly a minimum of 65000 ThB to Thailand.

Furthermore tge vast majority if Imm offices gave no agents operating. The agent 5hing us limited to locations with large numbers of expats.

Yet these many other Imm offices also do the various things some are suggesting are done for the purpose of encouraging use of agents.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think that some do it just because they can.
Like a whistle.
Give a Thai a whistle and he will blow it non-stop

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Graviton said:

What and not ask why?

You can of course but why ask why when the purpose is really just to whinge and display one's brilliance by proposing alternative "solutions" to perpetuate the constant "Thais are stupid and irrational" narrative. Same useless hot air filling page after page. Nor does the Thai gov't, like any in the West, regard itself in the least obligated to answer questions it regards as irrelevant or unimportant. Note that the big 3 embassies have given no reason they won't verify income despite being hammered w/ questions from expats. They won't, and that's all there is to it.

Even if your question were answered, you'd merely disagree with reason given and propose some arrangement more comfortable for yourself. In the end you'll follow the law/regs or you'll leave. Whether you do either w/ equanimity is up to you. As Viktor E. Frankl said, the last of human freedoms is to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. Roll with flow. 

overcome.jpg.a850c50897cda64de86c1485a4fce050.jpg

Edited by JSixpack

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose I not express myself clearly enough.

All countries except 3 (Australia, Great Britain, U.S.A.) still issue a Letter of Income/Affidavit at their embassy and is still accepted by Immigration.

No need to have any money in a Thai bank account or to transfer monthly a minimum of 65000 ThB to Thailand.

You don't need money in the bank in Thailand, just prove your income... Bank statement???

2 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

No ticket needed for the room for extensions in Phuket. It's a very small room with only four seats. An immigration officer checks the paperwork outside the room first before you are allowed in. Very rarely have I seen more than six people waiting to do their extension (mind you, I always turn up at around two in the afternoon).

My only wish is that the immigration officers go back to wearing colourful shirts rather than their military uniforms. That didn't last very long, unfortunately.

NOTE
room 103 downstairs is ONLY for retirement extension,

marriage ks still upstairs so thats why it makes it really painless once a year

its only when you need obtain your re entry it takes awhile, usually around 45 minutes as you than need make a copy of new extension and you cant pick up your passport till 1 pm so cant get in line early

5 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

You can of course but why ask why when the purpose is really just to whinge and display one's brilliance by proposing alternative "solutions" to perpetuate the constant "Thais are stupid and irrational" narrative. Useless same hot air filling page after page. Nor does the Thai gov't, like any in the West, regard itself in the least obligated to answer questions it regards as irrelevant or unimportant. Note that the big 4 embassies have given no reason they won't verify income despite being hammered w/ questions from expats. They won't, and that's all there is to it.

Even if your question were answered, you'd merely disagree with reason given and propose some arrangement more comfortable for yourself. In the end you'll follow the law/regs or you'll leave. Whether you do either w/ equanimity is up to you. As Viktor E. Frankl said, the last of human freedoms is to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. Roll with flow. 

overcome.jpg.a850c50897cda64de86c1485a4fce050.jpg

Who said..... FREEDOM is when the governments fear the people?

Whinging isn't the same as asking a question that demands an answer.

1 minute ago, Graviton said:

You don't need money in the bank in Thailand, just prove your income... Bank statement???

It may be a little different from one country to another.

For Belgium I need to prove to have a pension of at least an equivalent of 65000 ThB and prove that this amount is monthly credited on my Belgian bank account.

No need to show any amount on a Thai bank account,

I can transfer any amount, when I want to Thailand.

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

It may be a little different from one country to another.

For Belgium I need to prove to have a pension of at least an equivalent of 65000 ThB and prove that this amount is monthly credited on my Belgian bank account.

No need to show any amount on a Thai bank account,

I can transfer any amount, when I want to Thailand.

Belgium isn't a country lol but do great beer worked there 2 years kortrijk.. so really that should be applied to all of us as it is a thailand regulation. Not a Belgian one...

Boy, I hope you're wrong .. That would indicate a change that might makes things tough. I love to dip into that account to use the cash for projects, then replace it a bit at a time .. Have done so for years.

1. .. 18 Years I've had the 400K in the bank according to the parameters that include 3 months prior to filing an extension of stay.

2. Recent application was made for a one year extension, and after filing the actual paperwork, we were asked to return to the IO to show a current (day we went) copy that showed the 400K was STILL in the bank at the end of the month (about 3 weeks after the application), prior to the awarding the extension, which went fine.

3. We took 100K out of that bank account about a week after the granting of the extension was completed.

4. haven't heard anything about that being prohibited, I will slowly replace it, and ensure that 3 months before our next extension request, i'll make sure we have 400K again.

5. I have just filed for the first time in Bueng Kan .. previous years were in BKK and Trang Province.

6. Never had a problem (not one), and the Bueng Kan Province experience was a simple and straightforward one overall. No Pain.

7. Non Immigrant B Visa based on Marriage

What about the photo taken at the desk in immigration? By immigration officer with the office background.
Even if you use an agent at Imm office here in Jomtien you still have to go down and have your photo taken despite working with an agent

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Commercial Diver said:

Boy, I hope you're wrong .. That would indicate a change that might makes things tough. I love to dip into that account to use the cash for projects, then replace it a bit at a time .. Have done so for years.

1. .. 18 Years I've had the 400K in the bank according to the parameters that include 3 months prior to filing an extension of stay.

2. Recent application was made for a one year extension, and after filing the actual paperwork, we were asked to return to the IO to show a current (day we went) copy that showed the 400K was STILL in the bank at the end of the month (about 3 weeks after the application), prior to the awarding the extension, which went fine.

3. We took 100K out of that bank account about a week after the granting of the extension was completed.

4. haven't heard anything about that being prohibited, I will slowly replace it, and ensure that 3 months before our next extension request, i'll make sure we have 400K again.

5. I have just filed for the first time in Bueng Kan .. previous years were in BKK and Trang Province.

6. Never had a problem (not one), and the Bueng Kan Province experience was a simple and straightforward one overall. No Pain.

7. Non Immigrant B Visa based on Marriage

You retired B visa is for work?

10 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Who said..... FREEDOM is when the governments fear the people?

Another irrelevancy. Not your government anyway. Their gov't, their rules, like 'em or not.

Whinging isn't the same as asking a question that demands an answer

It only "demands" in an answer in your own mind. And it is, because you know you will not only not get an answer but even if you did, you'd merely disagree and propose an alternative comfortable for yourself. The point is, you don't like the requirement regardless of any "reason." Hence, just a whinge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hereforgood said:

Even if you use an agent at Imm office here in Jomtien you still have to go down and have your photo taken despite working with an agent

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Yes I know that, the guy I was replying to said otherwise?

I have not had any problem withdrawing the 800K baht cash and I know the Hua Hin office is still taking bribes to get the Retirement visa. 37,000 baht for first timers and 20,000 for repeats. 

And this is no guesswork.  Welcome to the Land of Corruptiin.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Graviton said:

You retired B visa is for work?

No, It is a Non Immigrant B Visa based on Marriage (Immigration folks refer to it as a Marry Visa).

Though I have worked off and on (with a WP) with the RTN, Private clinics, and occasional consulting I am currently retired

Could be they want a guarantee of funds so if they kick you out you can pay for it. But I am guessing. The 800,000 is so you have enough to pay a big fine before they kick you out. Guess number two.

4 minutes ago, Commercial Diver said:

No, It is a Non Immigrant B Visa based on Marriage (Immigration folks refer to it as a Marry Visa).

Though I have worked off and on (with a WP) with the RTN, Private clinics, and occasional consulting I am currently retired

I'm not an expert on any other

visa/extension except my own.

Yes Graviton, it is no use asking as Immigration officers don't know themselves. Indeed it is doubtful if anyone in Immigration apart from the person who came up with the idea actually knows. And that person is no longer there!

So you just have to accept the inconvenience, and prepare yourself for more incomprehensible regulations related to medical insurance for retirees.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You may well of added. NO answers please.

Because any answer would be a guess.

Does the OP think any posters on here work for the government?

My guess would be because they thought it would PO farangs and might make some leave. They've been making it progressively more difficult for at least 20 years. Back in the day, one could live quite happily in LOS on back to back visa exempt entries, then we couldn't, and it's been a downward spiral ever since.

When Cambodia shows how easy it is to live there, it's obvious that LOS doesn't want us staying anymore, IMO, but they can't just ban us outright as that would result in all the Thai expats being sent home too.

3 minutes ago, brommers said:

Yes Graviton, it is no use asking as Immigration officers don't know themselves. Indeed it is doubtful if anyone in Immigration apart from the person who came up with the idea actually knows. And that person is no longer there!

So you just have to accept the inconvenience, and prepare yourself for more incomprehensible regulations related to medical insurance for retirees.

As I have stated I don't have a dog in the fight, just wondering.

31 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

No reason, just want rich people to stay.

LOL. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination, and I was able to keep 800,000 in the bank permanently. If one wants to stay in LOS, one has to jump through the hoops.

Most farangs could probably easily afford to leave 800,000 in the bank if they just cut down on the booze and stopped buying imported western food.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

I have not had any problem withdrawing the 800K baht cash and I know the Hua Hin office is still taking bribes to get the Retirement visa. 37,000 baht for first timers and 20,000 for repeats. 

And this is no guesswork.  Welcome to the Land of Corruptiin.

Is this paid to an agent?