Trump says Boris Johnson would be 'very good' next PM for Britain

rooster59

Anyone considered that Trump is using SPIN  !.

Excellent way to get Johnson defeated,,  ................Trump recommendation,  may well know that his recs will be ignored  .............an agenda ! 

They are friends ?  friends ?    somehow I doubt it ,

photo in front of wailing wall   ,  come on , would he shoot himself in the foot so easily , so he is of ancestry and is jewish ,   so what ?

Cannot tar everyone of that faith with the same brush !    Good and Bad   .....everywhere  .

suspect he wants farage  , talking of the foot shooting of...........Farage in favour of abolishing the NHS  and using US style of healthcare are.......he said it    !!!!!.......US style healthcare......how much you got.?

he still has another foot to shoot off.. just  wait for it.    come on you buggers I,ve still got 2 arms...  

have instructed my daughter and husband and family to NOT support Brexit party  , or I shall come back and smack their asses .  I still have a vote  by proxy to support Johnson.    end of the story.

Javid is a great guy , but has not the guile to cope with all the spin.

incidentally  ALL the heads of EU are jewish , alledgedly. ,,,,I checked ...   make what you will of that.

1 minute ago, portly said:

Anyone considered that Trump is using SPIN  !.

Excellent way to get Johnson defeated,,  ................Trump recommendation,  may well know that his recs will be ignored  .............an agenda ! 

They are friends ?  friends ?    somehow I doubt it ,

photo in front of wailing wall   ,  come on , would he shoot himself in the foot so easily , so he is of ancestry and is jewish ,   so what ?

Cannot tar everyone of that faith with the same brush !    Good and Bad   .....everywhere  .

suspect he wants farage  , talking of the foot shooting of...........Farage in favour of abolishing the NHS  and using US style of healthcare are.......he said it    !!!!!.......US style healthcare......how much you got.?

he still has another foot to shoot off.. just  wait for it.    come on you buggers I,ve still got 2 arms...  

have instructed my daughter and husband and family to NOT support Brexit party  , or I shall come back and smack their asses .  I still have a vote  by proxy to support Johnson.    end of the story.

Javid is a great guy , but has not the guile to cope with all the spin.

incidentally  ALL the heads of EU are jewish , alledgedly. ,,,,I checked ...   make what you will of that.

and why does being Jewish make any difference??

You including Macron and the Spanish president/pm in this??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Not so. Hugely popular.

Not popular with those who expect the POTUS to show some intelligence,dignity, understanding of democracy, justice. Fundamentalists love him

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

With the Conservatives in turmoil, EU election drubbing and leaderless, no chance of that happening.

I assume a vote of No Confidence in the government is out of the question?

12 minutes ago, rocketman777 said:

So if Trump endorses a political candidate its ok, if Putin endorsed a candidate its Russian interference in the democratic process.

We are living in Alice's looking glass world.

Putin did a lot more than endorse. 

Also the USA and the UK are allies.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

One wonders whether the POTUS (who is notoriously ill-informed at the best of times) even knows that golden boy Boris has flip-flopped on Brexit.

Notwithstanding, events have taken a weird turn.

As the race to replace Theresa May began, ardent Leaver Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson wooed Brexiteers by attacking the thrice-rejected EU deal. He declared it would turn Britain into a "vassal state" of the Euro federation

The flamboyant former Mayor of London lifted their spirits even higher by promising  to take the UK take us out of the EU at the end of October "deal or no deal".

Now, seemingly out of the blue, comes his "painful" decision to back the same Withdrawal Treaty which he pronounced "dead" just three days ago.

His about-turn is certain alienate his supporters among the pro-Brexit majority of Conservative Party who will vote in the replacement PM, and dishearten millions of non-Tory Leave voters across the country.

What on earth is Boris up to? Can he be buckling under the mental strain of his upcoming court case (which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment)? Or has he suddenly realised that whoever comes top in the leadership race will win a poisoned chalice?

• Like 2

Cos his mate Nigel asked him to pop over and join him for a few beers[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

This President should mind his own bloody business. 

Is he not the one always complaining about interference in the US?

Nope. He invites it. I agree he shouldn't show preference for any foreign leader in a free election. But that's not the same thing as interference. 

Very soon after this statement, Russia acted. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Hopefully that will put an end to Boris' hopes. What confuses me more than anything is how they are talking of promoting people from a very disliked political party to be PM when they should be having a general election. 

Because in a UK general election people don't vote for the PM. He/She is chosen from the party that forms the government. Party members get a vote, roughly 124k Tory members iirc.

So the members of the party that gave us Cameron, May and allowed this debacle will have its members select the next leader.

There is nothing to force a governing party into an early election due to changing leaders and therefore PM.

Pound is tanking at the moment, especially against the strong baht. Below 40 ThB to 1 GBP now. Probably be level with Euro soon, then the USD, then who knows!

And some financial press are predicting a constitutional crisis if the new PM, whichever Tory twerp it is, tries to run the clock down and exit with no deal on the 31/10 against the wishes of Parliament.  Boris the brainless has already hinted he'll try! Will commie Corbyn man up and become a real opposition - probably not. Silly Sturgeon will be gobbing off again soon.

It can and will get a lot worse.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

One wonders whether the POTUS (who is notoriously ill-informed at the best of times) even knows that golden boy Boris has flip-flopped on Brexit.

Notwithstanding, events have taken a weird turn.

As the race to replace Theresa May began, ardent Leaver Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson wooed Brexiteers by attacking the thrice-rejected EU deal. He declared it would turn Britain into a "vassal state" of the Euro federation

The flamboyant former Mayor of London lifted their spirits even higher by promising  to take the UK take us out of the EU at the end of October "deal or no deal".

Now, seemingly out of the blue, comes his "painful" decision to back the same Withdrawal Treaty which he pronounced "dead" just three days ago.

His about-turn is certain alienate his supporters among the pro-Brexit majority of Conservative Party who will vote in the replacement PM, and dishearten millions of non-Tory Leave voters across the country.

What on earth is Boris up to? Can he be buckling under the mental strain of his upcoming court case (which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment)? Or has he suddenly realised that whoever comes top in the leadership race will win a poisoned chalice?

He's suddenly realized that as PM he can't stand outside the canoe pissing-in anymore because he's the one steering.

He'll be quickly woefully exposed. Best shove another sheep forward to the slaughter.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Was it interference when Obama campaigned strong;y for the Remain side prior to the referendum?

Perhaps. It was open and legal though. Not the same as what Putin did criminally. 

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Suggest Trump just keep his big mouth shut & continue being a liar to his own people

That's an unrealistic suggestion. There is 100 percent chance he will keep on lying not only to Americans but to the entire world. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That's an unrealistic suggestion. There is 100 percent chance he will keep on lying not only to Americans but to the entire world. 

The only person he is lying to is himself, to most people he is a narcissistic buffoon.

• Like 1