Assange suffering psychological torture, would face "show trial" in U.S. - U.N. expert

Jonathan Fairfield

Guest Jerry787

the worst barbarian attack on freedom of information !

Assage will turn in a hero and backslash the US policy

He is only action was to expose the barbarian and horrible war crimes committed by the SU forces in Iraq and Afganistan against innocent civilians, child and old people.

Britain, prove to be another US puppet the the Swedish sad saga where even if has been proven that there is no rape , still try to indict him .

This is confusing.   Most people would feel psychologically tortured when they are jailed, that's why many jailed people are put on suicide watch.   I suspect he is being given preferential treatment.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Assange's life is completely over, and then some.

I always wonder, what repercussions did the US suffer from the exposed murders of innocents, cover ups and other war crimes? Why do they even need to cover up war death statistics? Oh, so they can be assured they can keep fighting their profit driven wars. Ok, great reason. 

????????

Edited by Redline

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Assange was not 'dragged from the Ecuadorian embassy', he was lawfully removed after overstaying his welcome. 

Jeremy Hunt is entirely correct.

Leave this to the courts. 

Do you not think it was the good ol' USA that forced or coerced the Ecuadorian government's hand. You say leave this to the courts. Plenty of innocent people have been executed or jailed by wrongful decisions made by courts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A rich mixture of hogwash and hyperbole.

Assange hid in the Ecuadorian embassy at a time when Rafael Correa was President of Ecuador and taking a confrontational stance towards the US and (curiously given Assange’s later defense) a very oppressive approach to the press.

Unfortunately for Assange Ecuador changed its President.

If you know a better means to administer justice than by open courts of law before juries do tell.

Who says Assange will be before a jury if he's extradited to the US. Kangaroo court more like.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, utalkin2me said:

Assange's life is completely over, and then some.

I always wonder, what repercussions did the US suffer from the exposed murders of innocents, cover ups and other war crimes? Why do they even need to cover up war death statistics? Oh, so they can be assured they can keep fighting their profit driven wars. Ok, great reason. 

"Profit driven wars" fuel your car, run industry that you benefit from, provide profits to your banks and perhaps even provide your employment, directly or indirectly. If you feel so strongly on this issue, surrender all things made possible by these conflicts. It is easy to bang the pot with a spoon for attention, but another matter to manufacture them.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

"Profit driven wars" fuel your car, run industry that you benefit from, provide profits to your banks and perhaps even provide your employment, directly or indirectly. If you feel so strongly on this issue, surrender all things made possible by these conflicts. It is easy to bang the pot with a spoon for attention, but another matter to manufacture them.

Political change happens when people start speaking up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A rich mixture of hogwash and hyperbole.

Assange hid in the Ecuadorian embassy at a time when Rafael Correa was President of Ecuador and taking a confrontational stance towards the US and (curiously given Assange’s later defense) a very oppressive approach to the press.

Unfortunately for Assange Ecuador changed its President.

If you know a better means to administer justice than by open courts of law before juries do tell.

Hogwash. Interesting choice of vocabulary, Chomper. Are you offering to wash my Hog? Admittedly, it is a bit dirty and could do a bit of detailing in the hard to get parts....

17 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Assange did it all to himself, so he has nobody but himself to blame.  He could have had a very prosperous career as a businessman, a computer consultant etc.   By all accounts he was very talented.  But he got focused on his own mantra and chose his course of action.  Not even finishing his formal education.  One has to sleep in the bed they make

The point here is that the US Govt has "done it to themselves" too. Yet nothing happens to them. 

What if you had a child and you physically abused him, and every time the child told someone you beat him almost to the brink of death. Then guess what, you have more kids and they witness all of this. No child is going to speak out, right? Sound righteous to you in any way? And who is the bad guy here? 

Edited by utalkin2me

1 minute ago, utalkin2me said:

The point here is that the US Govt has "done it to themselves" too. Yet nothing happens to them. 

What if you had a child and you physically abused him, and every time the child told someone you beat him almost to the brink of death. Sound fair to you in any way? 

No, it doesn't sound like a fair comparison, or metaphor.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, Jerry787 said:

the worst barbarian attack on freedom of information !

Assage will turn in a hero and backslash the US policy

He is only action was to expose the barbarian and horrible war crimes committed by the SU forces in Iraq and Afganistan against innocent civilians, child and old people.

Britain, prove to be another US puppet the the Swedish sad saga where even if has been proven that there is no rape , still try to indict him .

No, that was not his only action.  Regardless of what he released, he knew it was classified and is liable for prosecution.  His motives not withstanding.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

No, that was not his only action.  Regardless of what he released, he knew it was classified and is liable for prosecution.  His motives not withstanding.

Didn't he also "conspire" with Chelsea Manning to break into the claasifed DOD server?

On 6/1/2019 at 9:11 PM, Jerry787 said:

I may be wrong - it is not unknown - but I was rather under the impression that the investigations in Sweden into the rape allegations ground to a halt because Assange, who was facing (fighting) extradition to face those allegations jumped bail and took refuge in the Ecuador Embassy. That is rather a different matter to the allegations being investigated and disproved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I think he provided him/her with information that was usesful and helped him/her do that. 

It's a her and if he did that it's "conspiracy"  which is a crime, journalist or no journalist!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

That's kind of the definition of a whistleblower, isn't it? 

History's eventually going to look at Assange much as it has treated Daniel Ellsberg.

Plus, how much more do you think the guy has in his proverbial back pocket if things get really ugly for him?  With hundreds, if not thousands of very talented hackers just itching to put it out there.

I was hoping Sweden had re-upped the rape charges just so they could extradite him and protect him from the clutches of the military industrial complex.  They've gone down a notch in my estimation...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

That's kind of the definition of a whistleblower, isn't it? 

History's eventually going to look at Assange much as it has treated Daniel Ellsberg.

Plus, how much more do you think the guy has in his proverbial back pocket if things get really ugly for him?  With hundreds, if not thousands of very talented hackers just itching to put it out there.

I was hoping Sweden had re-upped the rape charges just so they could extradite him and protect him from the clutches of the military industrial complex.  They've gone down a notch in my estimation...

I think whistle-blowers command more respect when they take responsibility for their actions, and at least express a willingness to accept consequences. Add to this an apparent reluctance to blow whistles when it comes to certain powerful countries, and possible ties to one of them, and the label erodes some more.

You have no idea how history will look at Assange. It's a good bet none of us will be around for that anyway. More often than not, though, events and persons of the day become mere footnotes as time and perception do their thing. A whole lot of unflattering details also come to light. Such is life.

And out come the threats - he'll expose more. Well, he might - and that ought to make supporters happy, while at the same time complicating his situation even more. One reading the above got to be amazed at the self restraint of Assange and them alleged "Hundreds, if not thousands of very talented hackers" - holding back a supposed deluge of information. Of course, it could be asked whether such flexing of cyber muscles wouldn't have been better executed prior to Assange being evicted from the Ecuadorian embassy. Or as to whether Assange does what he does as service to the People, or a service to himself.

I'm sure Sweden is dismayed at your criticism. The elusive but-always-useful-as-imaginary-villain MIC probably takes note as well.

• Like 1