Donald Trump wades into Britain's Brexit crisis

webfact

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

I disagree , ignoring people , especially Heads of states isnt the best way to proceed in relationships  .

Even if you dislike someones politics , its better to talk to them 

sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, Chamberlain talked to Hitler in 1938 and that did not do much good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

How do you suppose The Donald would react if, say, Angela Merkel were to start advising him publicly about ‘the wall’, and trade tariffs and such things? Don’t you think he would tell Merkel to mind her own business? 

Is this because you don't think the Frau has ever even mentioned anything about walls in speeches? Of course she has 'meddled' publicly in US affairs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, candide said:

Thanks for clarifying I thought malagateddy  posts here are misleading and see it is so. 

6 hours ago, candide said:

Thanks I was wondering if malagateddy  posts here are misleading and see it is so. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Whether Trump is a gentleman, like you say, is something we can agree to disagree on, but you're missing my point. Which is that Trump would have one of his temper tantrums and start an all-out twitter war if anyone tried to say something about the USA like he just did about the UK and brexit. And yet he thinks nothing of giving unsollicited, not to mention bad, advice to other countries and governments. Don't you think that's being just a tad hypocrite?

Well, sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth. My point is, irrespective of his personal flaws (we all have them), the advice he dispensed (as he is rather inclined to do to anyone who will listen) was admirably germane.

Oh, and show me a politician who has not been guilty of hyprocrisy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Well, sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth. My point is, irrespective of his personal flaws (we all have them), the advice he dispensed (as he is rather inclined to do to anyone who will listen) was admirably germane.

Oh, and show me a politician who has not been guilty of hyprocrisy.

Our last one

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

Just shows how shortsighted the woman is. A trade agreement with Trump i.e. US is a heck of a lot worse than being an EU member.  At least with EU you can fight back, with Trump you are at his mercy.

Good luck to U.K. importing chlorine washed chicken from the U.S. 

Well at least they've come clean about US chicken.

But what about the 60,000 tons a year of plastic chicken pouring into Britain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-181626/The-plastic-chicken-thats-51-meat.html

Or French meat from slaughterhouses where conditions are so dreadful they keep tabs on them with spy cameras?

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180917/french-slaughterhouse-workers-butchered-animals-alive

And of course, Thailand's poultry industry is a model of humane and hygienic farming!

Like my old Mum used to say, "What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

When he arrives he will be the most sensible politician in the UK with out a doubt???? 

Whatever you are sniffing you have sniffed a bit to much......but I will opt for more of my laughing gas after your hilarious comment.

• Like 2

Just continue to threaten the whole world.  The message being, "Be a vassal state of The Exceptional Nation or suffer the consequences including sanctions that destroy the ability of the common folk of the country to survive, and if that's not enough than becoming the target of proxy wars to destroy the countries infrastructure,  and who knows, eventually a hot war just to show the world that any crappy little unexceptional country who challenges the United States of America (God Bless The USA!!!) will be tossed against the wall and destroyed.

That's a hell of a price to pay for wanting to dominate the world in trade.  And my guess is this ends badly.  

Oh, by the way - how many Trump supporters voted for him based on his 'promise' to end the entanglement in foreign wars and to seek rapprochement with foreign powers?  Not only did he not honor that but he's gone the other direction in spades.  So for all the talk about him dominating the 2020 election due to a DNC field in disarray and who since his election have wanted to crucify him, he has lied to his base.  The Left does not need to impeach him.  Those who voted for him based on his foreign policy promises that he has not kept will take him to task and not vote for him again.  The Left needs to do nothing - although they will continue to spew vitriol to their own detriment.  He had a slim margin of votes in 2016.  With those who do not want perpetual war will sideline themselves in the 2020 election, he will not have the votes needed to win the 2020 election and personally I don't care what the supposive 'experts' say.  Without his base - he'll lose.  Not because the Left has anyone better...they don't.  They would be better off backing off - he will self implode his own presidency, he needs no help from the Left.  

Edited by connda

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

The UK pollsters and MSM opinion of The Donald means sweet <deleted>. It's the 50+% in the US that was important, and will be for his next term.

In case you did not notice, it was an answer to the claim that "there are MANY in UK that favor him". It was not about the US.

Additionally, he did not win the popular vote, so it was less than 50% of US voters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

But Trump said a lot more (and I mean a lot more) than just "if you don't get a fair deal from the EU, walk away". And his intentions are much more dubious as well; he doesn't want Europe to be a serious power block because that would jeopardize the position of the USA, so he does like Putin, trying to create chaos and mayhem, and trying to divide and weaken Europe.

So are you saying that because Trump "said a lot more" that lets Obama off the hook for his biased remarks?

I don't think he should worry about Europe being a serious "power block"

But at the end of the day he is the POTUS and he is here representing The USA and should be given respect, not the man, the President. He is also here to attend a ceremony of the D Day landings as a representetive of the USA where many of our soldiers and American soldiers lost their lives, it should be given as much dignity as possible without stupid inflatable blimps of him flying aloft.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ResandePohm said:

There are stupid people everywhere.

28872809_165607407425995_4030770818102329344_n.jpg

Actually I agree. But also, Stupid People hate him too. Stupid people on the right love him, Stupid people on the left loath him.   Most of the electorate are uninformed, ignorant, and are easily swayed by domestic propaganda or anything their television tells them.  So - you get the stupidity that you vote for.  Want something different? Than don't keep doing the same thing over, and over, and over.  But that's a radical change.  The sheep only want to support those who they identify with instead of reinventing the entire system.  That's what it is going to take - a new paradigm. But don't hold your breath.  Stupid people don't vote from real change. They vote for their favorite moron, Left or Right - Democrat or Republican.  
Einstein was correct - Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over.  

Edited by connda

1 hour ago, vogie said:

So are you saying that because Trump "said a lot more" that lets Obama off the hook for his biased remarks?

But at the end of the day he is the POTUS and he is here representing The USA and should be given respect, not the man, the President. He is also here to attend a ceremony of the D Day landings as a representetive of the USA where many of our soldiers and American soldiers lost their lives, it should be given as much dignity as possible without stupid inflatable blimps of him flying aloft.

The respect-the-office-if-not-the-man boat sailed a long time ago when it comes to Trump. Kinda hard respecting someone for the office he holds, when he himself fails to do so. And again, I'm not sure Trump fans really want to go on about respect-for-veteran issues.

Hope all the blimps get sniped

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app