Seven reasons why Prayut should not be new PM

webfact

29 minutes ago, cyrus9 said:

Prayut is one of the best Prime Ministers that Thailand has ever had. He made a coup to get rid of a corrupt and populist government. He did the right thing. He has been doing a lot for Thailand during past 5 years.

To be fair, I don't think it was then General Prayut who "made" the coup.  He planned and executed it, but the actual order for it came from others.

3 hours ago, lust said:

Isn’t The Nation a news site? And aren’t news sites supposed to state unbiased facts, not opinions? 

Analysis and opinion based on fact and events are among the fundamentals to democratic journalism.

In Thailand such is less so given restrictions on freedom of the press and freedom of expression. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lust said:

Isn’t The Nation a news site? And aren’t news sites supposed to state unbiased facts, not opinions? 

It's encouraging that they've at least desisted from licking the boot that's normally kicking them.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha continues to develop Thailand's transport infrastructure.

So may projects have either been fast tracked and are currently in construction or are being implemented to commence.

That's one point of the article - Prayut simply copying previous government planning and programs, especially with transport infrastructure. For example, the dual-rail China-Thailand high speed/cargo rail project was detailed during the Yingluck administration as well as airports expansion.

But being a democratic government in those years meant complying with the laws, regulations and rules requiring full project review through economic justification and environmental impact studies to assure protection of the constituencies health and income. Under Prayut's regime those considerations were repeatedly swept aside under Article 44 - Prayut never appeared to have any concern nor felt any obligations to the Thai constituencies even as he used their treasury.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What's the yellow on his uniform? It's not egg that has dribbled from his face is it?

It is actually called an aiguillette. (I had rack my memory banks) and wake up Google to find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiguillette

Functional or purely decorative fasteners of silk cord with metal tips popular in the 16th and early 17th centuries, sometimes of gold set with gemstones or enameled, are generally called "aiglets", "aglets" or "points".[2][3]:97

In modern usage, an "aiguillette" is an ornamental braided cord with decorative metal tips worn on uniforms or as part of other costumes such as academic dress,[1] where it will denote an honour. This usage of "aiguillette" derives from lacing used to fasten plate armor together. As such, a knot or loop arrangement was used which sometimes hung from the shoulder.

These aiguillettes should not be confused with lanyards, which are cords also worn from the shoulder (or around the neck), but do not have the pointed aiguillette tips and are usually of fibre rather than gold or silver wire, and often not braided.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cyrus9 said:

Prayut is one of the best Prime Ministers that Thailand has ever had. He made a coup to get rid of a corrupt and populist government. He did the right thing. He has been doing a lot for Thailand during past 5 years.

Can you name 3 projects that Prayuth has successfully accomplished?

• Like 1

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed:

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is actually called an aiguillette. (I had rack my memory banks) and wake up Google to find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiguillette

{snipped}

I wonder if our sunny jim bought it from the local market for 20 Baht?

IIRC, didn't Colinneil say his wife (a civil servant) bought some medals for her uniform, on a market for next to nothing, as they looked nice?

6 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Don't get too familiar with names and ministries; there might be some imminent changes racing towards government and people faster than anyone thinks - or some want!

Don’t expect the Defense and Interior ministries to change. Agriculture, commerce and transport will be fought over with pickaxes and there will be casualties. 

• Like 1

no need again because not has own season time make visa law eaurope model, only have more hard and stupid visa system now. no make work what need do, dream lot other what not have important, only big busines and slip lot chines/japanese money but come lot problem whit japan/chinese peoples too.

Re, the OP Editorial, the Nation newspaper i believe belongs to a media group inc Thai language newspapers.

Never mind an editorial/opinion piece like this in an English language paper, the identical (i hope) needs to be printed in the Thai language papers.

That is far more important and relevant.

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha continues to develop Thailand's transport infrastructure.

So may projects have either been fast tracked and are currently in construction or are being implemented to commence. High speed rail, BTS extensions, Highway expansions, port redevelopment, new hospital and schools under construction.

You live in a completely different Thailand to everyone else.

You are not on the same planet.

If you were a normal Thai citizen, let alone an opposition Thai politician, could you ask your beloved leader for some invoices and bills please?

ie everything you mentioned above, the prices quoted and the prices projects actually cost.

Thought not, no.

Nobody can.

Because your beloved Junta is rotten to the core and UNACCOUNTABLE.

Unaccountable.

There are no accounts.

The biggest, largest corruption in the history of this nation has been happening under your very nose the last 5 years.

Traitors and scumbag criminals, the lot of them - these Generals.

Hopefully in my lifetime i get to see a few of them hanging from a street lamp post.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 8:47 AM, edwinchester said:

Never before have I seen a British Govt so utterly clueless as to what to do and so appallingly oblivious of the calamity their ineptitude is inflicting on a once respected nation.

✔️????

On 6/4/2019 at 5:39 PM, steven100 said:

And I can think of 10 reasons why the other candidate's are not suitable.

At least they didn't attempt any dubious rice scheme's... lol

How many of the other candidates staged a military coup against an elected government?

On 6/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, cyrus9 said:

He replaced a corrupt populist government that could have been changed in an election with a corrupt military government that can not be changed.  I don't see how that's an improvement.

• Like 2