Video: No parking here! Foreign Subway franchisee in Pattaya rant

webfact

9 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The Thais think they can block public parking areas on the street for their carts or put buckets and traffic cones.  I was told once that I could not park in a  space that had black and white curbs because their van to Bangkok parked there.  I told them to screw themselves and called the police over.  I parked there and walked away to do my business.

and your tyres were OK when you returned.

Has their been an increase in falang business owners being rude, angry and just miserable sods? 

Putting your money, time and heart into a business here and its still hemorrhaging money makes one crazy. 

• Like 1

...besides the hole in the sidewalk....???

...the message seems to be: 'Good luck with your investment, farang'....to be polite about it...

...guess he has to read his lease or ownership rules regarding the parking area...should have done it before...

...and find out how the Thais deal with such situations...

...otherwise....a strong possibility that this will not end well.......

4 hours ago, johng50 said:

Mmmm she could arrest me any day the female cop, maybe a little bit of resistance and she

might get a bit rough on me, and the girl on the far left is a little cutie as well. The girl in the middle

and the gestapo looking male  cop look like father and daughter, couldnt crack a smile if they won the

lottery. ( just an observation lol)

Do you get out at all, millions of women around , are you living in Moobaan , Nowhere , geez

Looks like a Stupid small time Business Mafia person to me ? ... ??? ... I think that it is Local rules here, that in tough parking areas, .... you DO NOT park in front of other peoples businesses. .... I personalty do not want the American "Money talks and bullshit walks" trash, and inhumanity to arrive here ... I like to keep on Negotiating, with ..Human Beings !!! .... If it is their business, and the do not want you to park in front of it !!! ... Well they have the length of their shop to apply this I think ? ...  Like then I could park there !!! ... And go in side and get couple of a Subways, ... with out all of the hassle of finding another Park !!! Right !!!

Edited by Mark mark

15 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

There's so many, there's always one within walking distance.

Well I think the ability to stop and park at many helps too. Although the parking space gets taken over somewhat. Near me those glass fronted food sellers have set up and also put tables and chairs and there isn't much parking space left, but it is a proper little hive of activity. 

22 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The Thais think they can block public parking areas on the street for their carts or put buckets and traffic cones.  I was told once that I could not park in a  space that had black and white curbs because their van to Bangkok parked there.  I told them to screw themselves and called the police over.  I parked there and walked away to do my business.

and returned to find your tires slashed and paintwork all scratched. i make a point of asking or jestering if its ok that way never have a problem that way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

you were lucky that your vehicle was NOT damaged/scratched, or tyres let down.

Friend of mine parked his Fortuner outside a bar....was told NO PARK there but he did.....while he was away for a short time a tyre was let down !!

On 6/5/2019 at 8:41 AM, Mango Bob said:

I parked there and walked away to do my business.

I've done that: my car was scratched all down one side; another time a nail in a piece of wood saw me having to buy a new tyre.  There is no law in Thailand except what the rich can afford.

18 hours ago, tifino said:

who cares the cameras!!  - it is what they record, that matters...

jobs done ????

Are you happy with someone shoving a camera in your face? I still remember the days when we had private space, perhaps you don't any more?

19 hours ago, jinjo said:

Really?  If someone says don't park here, I tend to park elsewhere.  Things escalate, and being you are a frang, you are wrong.  How much can you afford to lose?  As they say in Thailand... "Up To You"

Spot on. After 36 years in Asia I've learned one immutable fact, as a foreigner, keep your head down or it will get cut off.