Junta leader favoured as Thai parliament convenes to vote for new PM

webfact

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

So why was money and time wasted on an election that has shaped no change?

To give the impression of some legitimacy to a rigged system.

• Like 2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OKF said:

May I recommend to wait and see what will happen today. To me it is not made out yet. I believe Thanathorn is nearer to it then ever before....just wait and see

Bless! Like the kid unwrapping his tiny present still hoping  it is the bicycle he desperately wanted 

• Thanks 2

Lots of people made a hell of a noise over the fact, that a non-elected government ran things the way they wanted. Ultimately, after tremendous pressure and no other possibility to postpone the next election, latter were held 10 weeks ago.

Outcome is, that the same people sit around as ....... 11 weeks around. Now, either those unhappy people were overruled by the majority of happy Thais or I need to look up the clear definition of politics and sub-chapter democracy.

How long with this last, I wonder. All the while the Baht strenghtens daily - quite clearly there are elements I simply do not understand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A new prime minister will need at least 376 votes, or more than half the parliament. That includes 500 members in the lower House of Representatives elected in the March election and 250 senators, who were all appointed by the junta.

Hmmm a head start of 250 Junta appointed senators is going to be hard to beat, Thanathorn going to struggle, but we all knew that, i dont know if its just me or the way the photos of Prayuth have been taken,

but his head seems to have got bigger and fatter, hope it still fits into the trough with the others.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

Right so  you have to stand up and say who you want...............must be the crappest system ever  how about a secret  ballot  vote where there is NO pressure to vote for the current dog.

I disagree when it comes to elected officials.

MP's/Senators owe it to their constituency (even if it's just Prayut himself) to know how they vote - it's called accountability.

So let each MP stand and openly declare their vote so there's no deniability, suspicions nor confusion as to their support for the nation's leadership; so there's no confusion as to the vote tallies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

So why was money and time wasted on an election that has shaped no change?

To get PM Prayut once again invited to the Trump White House and be honored with a State Dinner.

Remember, its only Thai taxpayer money, not the military.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Each parliamentarian will be called on by the house speaker to verbally vote for either candidate. It could be hours before they start voting.

Just to make sure people vote for the correct leader!

Shameful politics in this day & age!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miamiman123 said:

The General never turns gray? His hair is blacker than mine at 25!

That expensive Estee Lauder makeup and L'oreal lipstick is also doing a fabulous job of helping the general look pretty for the big dance.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He sure does, it’s called the army...

yes and I believe he will need every one of them when the  young people start and do what they did a the victory monument about 40 years ago

• Like 2

Third world politics and police and infrastructure.. (except first world shopping Malls)  life threatening pavements , so few pedestrian crossings ,  bad food... yes... for the majority eating throwaway offal and momma soup daily... This country is a living lie ! Wonderful street food with zero hygiene and luck of the draw will you ,won’t you , get sick from whatever be it food or dirt that’s everywhere.  No prostitution officially and vast numbers of tourists coming to it for sex holidays . 7000 deaths on the roads so far-this year  and yet no enforcement of safety laws .. except smoking on the beach in Pattaya and no vaping as it’s much more dangerous .. to the economy ... than tobacco. And they dare to question your presence in the place... they should be handing out garlands a la Hawaii to the brave travelers who grace the country with their presence and money. 

As you can gather , I’ve had enough. Gonna find somewhere more dare I say it , civilised to visit .  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

GREAT JOB .... he deserves the re-elected position as he has worked hard.

Many farang may disagree but really who cares as it's for the people of Thailand and it's country not the whinging bitching farang who think thailand owes them a government of their likening and nobody else's. Simple ..if you don't like it in this country then go home. It's not your country, you are a guest, the same would apply in your home country and town so stop bitching and whining because nobody is listening.  Thailand is what it is and it is governed by Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha so like it or lump it ..that's what it is.  ????

image.png.fc91db29a0f62570dc59f216d639b2fe.png

I have many wealthy Thai friends who would disagree with you and even they say that life will be very uncomfortable because young people have had enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Good man. 

Unlike the wimps who remained faithful demo' members, let us hope the people who voted for them on the understanding of an  anti-junta platform have long enough memories to last until the next elections. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

Wasn't it was Prayuth who chose the majority of the Senate from the armed forces just to get those votes ?

No, he selected them based on their belief of a fair and just representation of the Thai people - you just wait and see who they vote for ????????????????????????

• Like 2