Bank call centre not responding.

Have been trying to get through to my bank's call centre for 5 days now, just left on hold with the same repetitive music until I give up after about 10 minutes. Went to the Tesco branch yesterday and asked the teller if she could contact them, same story, she couldn't get through either. I only need to update my daily limit as it used to be 20,000 baht, now the ATM's have changed so it is now 30,000 baht, but what if I'd lost a card or had it stolen, ie an emergency situation, I can imagine the panic in not being able to advise anyone. Pathetic service by a major Thai bank.

2 hours ago, kralledr said:

if the limit was 20k it is still 20k...

what is displayed on the atm is for everyone same the buttons on how much to withdraw only because it display 30k not means your limit is 30k...

No, it only gives me the choice of 10K or 30K, so if I want 20K, which is my daily maximum, I have to make two separate withdrawals of 10K., but my real beef is that you can't get through to the call centre.

Edited by giddyup

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

No, it only gives me the choice of 10K or 30K, so if I want 20K, which is my daily maximum, I have to make two separate withdrawals of 10K., but my real beef is that you can't get through to the call centre.

you click on other language then withdrawl and you can manually put in the ammount...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kralledr said:

you click on other language then withdrawl and you can manually put in the ammount...

What I want is to have a call centre answer the phone. What if I wanted to report a lost or stolen card?

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Have been trying to get through to my bank's call centre for 5 days now, just left on hold with the same repetitive music until I give up after about 10 minutes.

Don't they have collect call in Thailand? If they have, connect the phone to some nice speakers and listen to free music all day long.  :biggrin:

Just now, Vacuum said:

Don't they have collect call in Thailand? If they have, connect the phone to some nice speakers and listen to free music all day long.  :biggrin:

No. It costs money to hang on indefinitely waiting for someone who may or may not eventually answer. The music is <deleted>, it's the same piece of rubbish musak played over and over.

Had to wait over 20 mins yesterday to report a fraudulent entry on my CC statement – I have learnt what to do from my wife, call the bank (or any other Thai institution) then switch on the speaker and do something else until they reply

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Had to wait over 20 mins yesterday to report a fraudulent entry on my CC statement – I have learnt what to do from my wife, call the bank (or any other Thai institution) then switch on the speaker and do something else until they reply

In the meantime you're burning money on your phone.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

so 'select amount'.. on any atm I have used I can custom the amount as long as they have the correct amount of notes.. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

In the meantime you're burning money on your phone.

you making problems where they dont exist.. 

1) use the online features.. most banks have online chat support.. 

2) wait more than 10 minutes.. call centers are often busier than that even in the west. 

3) go to a local branch and deal with a human.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

you making problems where they dont exist.. 

1) use the online features.. most banks have online chat support.. 

2) wait more than 10 minutes.. call centers are often busier than that even in the west. 

3) go to a local branch and deal with a human.

If you'd actually taken the trouble to read my post, you'd see that I did contact the bank in person and the teller couldn't get through on the call centre number either. I also tried using their chat line, no response, also sent a message, also no response. So perhaps you'd like to advise me as to what other means I might use to contact the call centre?

Edited by giddyup

3 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Quite the opposite, my plan gives me 250 mins a month free for phone calls - and I never use the full amount

I use pay as you go, just top up whenever I need to.

49 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you'd actually taken the trouble to read my post, you'd see that I did contact the bank in person and the teller couldn't get through on the call centre number either. I also tried using their chat line, no response, also sent a message, also no response. So perhaps you'd like to advise me as to what other means I might use to contact the call centre?

While at the bank I would have asked the clerk to escalate it to the manager. They must surely have ways of contacting someone who could sort it out. Of course, the clerk might say "Cannot" to your request as they don't want to disturb the boss in his office.

A little off-topic, but I'm old enough to remember when I had to dial (not push a redial button) maybe 100 times to order concert tickets in the UK, over and over because the line was busy. In those days they didn't 'answer' and put you on hold for three days until someone was able to take your call. You just got the busy signal and tried again. And again and again and again until your brain was numb.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Contact the bank's head office and ask to speak with a Senior Manager in Customer Service and explain that he needs to fix his call center telephone system.

9 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Contact the bank's head office and ask to speak with a Senior Manager in Customer Service and explain that he needs to fix his call center telephone system.

I have tried to find a number for the bank's head office, but there seems to be only one number listed for all enquiries. I think another visit to the branch and tell them I'm not leaving until the problem is sorted.

3 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Just do it the bank while u were there

The bank can't do it. It has to be done over the phone via the call centre.

Edited by giddyup

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

The bank can't do it. It has to be done over the phone via the call centre.

Is this SCB? if so I got through to the call centre last night about 8pm and did not have to wait long for them to pick up. After asking my question I was on hold for 10 minutes before giving up and ending the call.

A very nice young lady who spoke good English called me back about 10 minutes later which rather surprised me.

If you haven't already perhaps try later in the evening?

42 minutes ago, topt said:

Is this SCB? if so I got through to the call centre last night about 8pm and did not have to wait long for them to pick up. After asking my question I was on hold for 10 minutes before giving up and ending the call.

A very nice young lady who spoke good English called me back about 10 minutes later which rather surprised me.

If you haven't already perhaps try later in the evening?

Thanks, will try evening.

What bank? I couldn't see.

Was just gonna add my experience with SCB. If you call outside of 9-5 mon-fri and press for English I get no response but if you press the Thai language button it is usually not more than a couple of mins.

8 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

What bank? I couldn't see.

Was just gonna add my experience with SCB. If you call outside of 9-5 mon-fri and press for English I get no response but if you press the Thai language button it is usually not more than a couple of mins.

But don't you get a non-English speaker if you press for Thai?