Is affidavit from embassy still accepted

Do immigration still accept affidavit from embassy as sole proof of funds for extension of stay for retirement?  

Note our embassy still deliver affidavits based on tax documents.

Thanks

Yes for other than the 4 countries that will not issue such letters they are accepted (but backup proof may be asked) - and for the countries not providing the old letters have been valid for up to six months.  65k income into a Thai bank account for the previous 12 months is the new requirement for those 4 countries (although fewer could be accepted this year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maby not as sole for every case.. I heard Finnish Guy whose embassy letter was not enough in Bangkok. He was asked to show some bank activity as well.. Do not know what was the reason but finally got his extension.

• Thanks 1

I just used an income affidavit two weeks ago at CW from the US Embassy and it was accepted. I obtained the affidavit at the end of Dec. 2018, with the understanding that it was valid for six months and would be accepted for the last time this year. It was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes for other than the 4 countries that will not issue such letters they are accepted (but backup proof may be asked) - and for the countries not providing the old letters have been valid for up to six months.  65k income into a Thai bank account for the previous 12 months is the new requirement for those 4 countries (although fewer could be accepted this year).

In my case IO asked for backup proof together with my affidavit legalised by my Embassy and then (after translation) legalised at Foreign Ministry CW.

When I asked IO if it would be enough that I show bank statement(s) as proof that I do monthly transfers with sums more than the legal minimum....it was made to me very clear that I need the affidavit as well as the bank statement(s).

I do not understand why - under the new regulations - my bank statement(s) are not enough....indeed this is more powerful proof than my own affidavit. 

It would be interesting to learn from other Forum members if in their case the letter made by their bank was enough.

When doing the income letter from the embassy and money in bank.

Combination method.

Does the money in the bank have to be in the bank two months before and three months after the extension?

This is for the Retirement extension.

9 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

Does the money in the bank have to be in the bank two months before and three months after the extension?

This is for the Retirement extension.

Yes it does.

The only unknown is how much has to be in the bank after 3 months at the full amount. Some offices have said half of it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it does.

The only unknown is how much has to be in the bank after 3 months at the full amount. Some offices have said half of it.

It does seem a tad ridiculous really when the option is 65K a month into Thailand or 800K on deposit. One would think both these methods were proof of a person's funds to take care of expenses for 12 months. After all, the clock and proof of income funds start again at the next request for a 12-month extension.

This borders on impossible for the man or woman with the 800K in the bank when such restriction are being placed on the funds before and after the grant of the 12-month extension. I thought the entire reason for this amount of funds in the bank was to fund your life for the 12 month period, including rent, food, hospitals or whatever, etc With the two months before, three months after and then not allowing the funds to drop below 400K, it is a ridiculous state of affairs for many, who could normally survive, especially the older end, who are asking for nothing really, just access to their own funds.

Such has been the determination to close the loophole on agents funding extensions. that this important factor, and for some, their means of support, has been lost in the knee jerk, ill thought out, rush to stop agents.

Whatever happens, the agents and such will, as usual, find a way to circumvent the system.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

It does seem a tad ridiculous really when the option is 65K a month into Thailand or 800K on deposit. One would think both these methods were proof of a person's funds to take care of expenses for 12 months. After all, the clock and proof of income funds start again at the next request for a 12-month extension.

This borders on impossible for the man or woman with the 800K in the bank when such restriction are being placed on the funds before and after the grant of the 12-month extension. I thought the entire reason for this amount of funds in the bank was to fund your life for the 12 month period, including rent, food, hospitals or whatever, etc With the two months before, three months after and then not allowing the funds to drop below 400K, it is a ridiculous state of affairs for many, who could normally survive, especially the older end, who are asking for nothing really, just access to their own funds.

Such has been the determination to close the loophole on agents funding extensions. that this important factor, and for some, their means of support, has been lost in the knee jerk, ill thought out, rush to stop agents.

Whatever happens, the agents and such will, as usual, find a way to circumvent the system.

Things change here in Thailand with immigration issues all the time, never for the better, but one thing is guaranteed never to change, and that is Immigration, agents, and brown envelopes.

• Like 1

I know I am side tracking here.

I would like to know if possible.

If an agent is used to do a retirement extension for example this year and next year I decide to it again myself.
Would there be a problem?

I have not much idea how agents do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

I know I am side tracking here.

I would like to know if possible.

If an agent is used to do a retirement extension for example this year and next year I decide to it again myself.
Would there be a problem?

I have not much idea how agents do it.

It depends if the agent is providing the 800k or you are

1 minute ago, Deerculler said:

I will be doing it with letter from the embassy and money in the bank. Combination.

In that case no problems. Why do you need one you already halfway there with just a form a pic and some passport copies to go

5 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

The main part of the question is. If an agent did it this year, would I still be able to do it the following year myself?

yes