Most EU governments back another Brexit delay, says EU source - The Times

webfact

8 hours ago, nontabury said:

It’s always been a worry to me, that should the decision to leave the E.u be put into the hands of the two main parties, that many Labour supporters will vote on traditional and loyalty lines. As they say, put a red rosette on a monkey and they’l vote For it. Same as in some ares of the country,if you place a Blue rosette on a monkey, some people will still vote for it.

Regarding the Peterborough by-Election declaration, I noticed on the U.K. news channels, the ethnic composition of those celebrating Labours victory, they looked as if they were all of the Muslim Faith. Perhaps that is why many people now associate the Labour Party, not with the working class, but with representing those same Muslims.

367D67C7-B49B-4CB7-92A1-D11424CBA79F.jpeg

Here's your coke-head mate Tommy getting bested by some muzzies..... Allah Akhbar !

Edited by beautifulthailand99

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

Update re Dom-the-Weasel:

Good he can join the no-confidence vote on BoJo when he gets coronated in July as will all the other decent Tories getting hassled by the angry old codgers dreaming of empire. We shall Remain. My betting book is open.......

On a more serious note

Peterborough went 61-39 for leave in 2016 and it's a swing constituency with no dominant party with a 5 figure majority to beat. On average the country went 52-48 in 2016 so the average constituency will have more remainers in it than Peterborough does. Peterborough should have been a fairly easy target for the Brexit Party.

The Brexit Party keep going on about Peterborough being "only" their 201st target seat but it had the 111th highest leave vote of UK constituencies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2016_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum_by_constituency

Based on the Peterborough result my guess is if there was a general election tomorrow the Brexit Party would win something like 50-100 of those top 100 leave voting constituencies which are split pretty evenly between Labour and Conservative at present. The real havoc would happen in the other 5/6ths of constituencies where former Tory voters splitting to the Brexit Party would hand previously Tory seats to Labour or the Lib Dems.

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

That is disappointing..

I'm missing Thailand and it's inherently undemocratic ways......we Remainders can learn a thing or to from the Good General. No doubt a robust approach to visas and tough immigration rules will be high on all your Brexiteers agendas - to keep the riff-raff out of course. 

14 hours ago, evadgib said:

Update on a case currently in the high court:

No comment on the content :whistling:…..

but this I now the best example why I like American English as the best understandable version !! ????….. puzzling to only trying to understand this non BBC local lingo language….:cheesy:

in Pattaya we have such another British you tube star using "chewable" U.K. English....:wink:

Edited by david555

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

No comment on the content :whistling:….. but this I now the best example why I like American English as the best understandable version !! ????….. puzzling to only trying to understand this non BBC local lingo language….:cheesy:

in Pattaya we have such another British you tube star using "chewable" U.K. English....:wink:

Alf Garnett, Steptoe & Son and Only Fools and Horses all came from the BBC but I accept they might have needed subtitles for non British audiences ????

(My ears place his accent in or around East Surrey if anyone is guessing).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Alf Garnett, Steptoe & Son and Only Fools and Horses all came from the BBC but I accept they might have needed subtitles for non British audiences ????

(My ears place his accent in or around East Surrey if anyone is guessing).

Now that is an excellent idea from you coming ????, as I said it is only a confirmation why I prefer the American English..., no sub's needed .

When I call BBC English, I refer to their news and other serious presentations , not specific to some programs as coronation street :wink:

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

No comment on the content :whistling:…..

but this I now the best example why I like American English as the best understandable version !! ????….. puzzling to only trying to understand this non BBC local lingo language….:cheesy:

I'm very sorry that you do not understand anything other than american english....

I'm even more sorry that you have a problem with anything that is "non BBC".....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm very sorry that you do not understand anything other than american english....

I'm even more sorry that you have a problem with anything that is "non BBC".....

no no no I understand BBC English too , as I understand J.R.M.'s English very wel too ,(maybe I would have a problem with "Tommy's "….I never listened , but I guess..., but generally A.English is over the whole line and persons clear .

"non BBC" given as a reference...

Just taken this guy example in particular case as an example , kind of guideline for nice clear English .

Don't feel sorry for me , I just start smiling hearing chewable English , an thinking about that local you tube star in Pattaya :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

Wait a second! Let me get this straight. Read the headlines:

Because I for one would never have guessed that the majority in the EU would resist Brexit and support more pointless delays. And if this shocking revelation isn't enough, we are further informed that we're getting this staggering new information from The Times. What is going to be the next great headline? That smoking causes cancer? 

What is going to be the next great headline?

I hope : Macron stick's on his veto together with Belgium against another extension ….that would be a great headline …..isn't it ?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now that is an excellent idea from you coming ????, as I said it is only a confirmation why I prefer the American English..., no sub's needed .

When I call BBC English, I refer to their news and other serious presentations , not specific to some programs as coronation street :wink:

That's ITV. If I was going there i'd have included Arfur Daley ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

Oh dear dear ...Who would thought that about him ….(must Bojo gave it to him ….,and now taking revenge on his back stabbing  by leaking it..:wink: " Let the mud wrestling go on …"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/08/michael-gove-branded-hypocrite-after-admitting-using-cocaine

Michael Gove branded a hypocrite after admitting using cocaine ...

The former justice secretary and party leadership contender is slammed for legal double standards and may ‘face a US travel ban’

Edited by david555

36 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

Wait a second! Let me get this straight. Read the headlines:

Because I for one would never have guessed that the majority in the EU would resist Brexit and support more pointless delays. And if this shocking revelation isn't enough, we are further informed that we're getting this staggering new information from The Times. What is going to be the next great headline? That smoking causes cancer? 

From that link quote 

"

(Reuters) - Most European Union governments will back another Brexit delay regardless of who becomes the next British prime minister, The Times reported here on Friday, citing a senior European source.

At least 25 European governments are prepared to give the UK another extension, despite statements from most British prime minister candidates that Britain will leave the EU on Oct. 31 with or without a deal, the newspaper added.

“In the end no one wants to be seen as the one who pulls the plug,” the source told The Times."

Surprisingly enough  the "source" seems to have no name and no link to credibility.

• Like 2