Bangkok Bank website problems

I've been noticing recently that the website for Bangkok Bank (Bualuang iBanking) very often just keeps me hanging.  I try to initiate a simple activity (like check for new messages), and thereafter, any activity I initiate just produces a message at the top of the page saying "Loading...", with the spinning wheel icon.  At this point, the website doesn't respond to any inputs.  I can delete the browser tab, and then open a new one and connect to their site, but then I'm immediately reconnected to my earlier process on their server, which is still hanging.  So when this happens, my only recourse is to wait some period of time (an hour or more) before logging in again.

This has happened to me many, many times, and not just nights or weekends, but during regular daytime banking hours.  And I know it has nothing to do with my computer or network, because everything else functions normally, including access to other websites.  I can't believe this company pretends to be a bank.  What a POS.  For what it's worth, their website has been hanging on me during the entire time I've spent composing this message.  Anybody else experience the same thing with their website?

As an afterthought, I noticed that this was happening in my Firefox browser, so I decided to use Chrome instead, and I was able to immediately login and access my accounts.  Browser incompatibility?  In the distant past, I've experienced websites from major Thai companies having the inability to accommodate different browsers, but in 2019?  Really?

• Thanks 1

So, in light of your astounding discovery that it's a browser issue and NOT a Bangkok Bank issue you still manage to suggest that even in 2019, the whole Thai internet thing is a POS?

Firefox is going through all sort of knipshits since they rolled out the latest versions that prevent one from disabling their automatic update notifications. This while cajoling you to link all your browsing platforms across a common Firefox one. In the same way that google chrome has been doing for years, now Firefox can harvest more of your personal information and preferences.

Opera's quite nice BTW.

PS. Just logged into the BB Bualuang online banking page in about 3 nanoseconds using the latest Firefox.

Edited by NanLaew

I used the Bangkok Bank website with FF for years without problems, but definitely problems occur since a while.

As described spinning wheel to the point where you give up or even timeout messages for the site.

I use SCB and Kasikorn (and German bank sites) with FF and don't have similar problems.

I will keep an eye on it.

And just now no problem, spinning wheel ("loading...") for a second or so.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use FF for years, no issue with BKB's regular iBanking site until after a scheduled System Maintenance event last August, 2018.  Right after that is when I started getting these "Loading" spinning events, and the usual is I have to hit "Try Again" button 3 times, and then whatever I was doing finally goes through.  Personal record is having to do that 7 times.  I posted here about it quite a while ago but only got few guys saying they had the same issue.

Sent BKB a message months ago about it.  They said their interbank transfer service was offline at the moment I was trying to do a transfer to my Krungsi account.  They missed the point in what I was saying and I never followed up - too much aggro in that.  Haven't been able to see a pattern, random.... but usually when I'm in a hurry to shoot some money to the ATM card account and leave the house.... ????

image.png.b524b7619f7d780ad045971138a98f91.png

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

The mobile app and ibanking is forever in breakdown and offline mode ! It needs to hire some decent IT engineers !

I've been using the Bangkok Bank mbanking app for about a year now....primarily making payments via bar/QR code scan and occasionally moving money internally...never a problem so far. 

But as mentioned the Bangkok Bank ibanking has had some issues lately when attempting certain kinds of translations....like making an external transfer or bill payment.....can get that Loading wheel and the transaction does not complete....and it's intermittent when it occurs.   And it's sure not because I have a slow connection because I have a 300Mb fiber optics plan here in Bangkok....plus I'm not far from the Bangkok Bank ibanking servers assuming they are here in Bangkok.

Edited by Pib

I noticed I was having the same hanging problem with BKKB's online banking and my Firefox browser this spring... never had any such problems before... Exactly the same as the OP described.  Though my hanging issue with BKKB seemed to typically occur at the log-in point, not at the transaction point.

Lately I've switched to Chrome for other reasons (Firefox was hanging/freezing on me at the browser level far too frequently), and haven't noticed the same problem with Chrome... but my changeover was done only relatively recently... With BKKB, it wasn't my browser itself hanging, but the server connection just never completing.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, NanLaew said:

So, in light of your astounding discovery that it's a browser issue and NOT a Bangkok Bank issue you still manage to suggest that even in 2019, the whole Thai internet thing is a POS?

Firefox is going through all sort of knipshits since they rolled out the latest versions that prevent one from disabling their automatic update notifications. This while cajoling you to link all your browsing platforms across a common Firefox one. In the same way that google chrome has been doing for years, now Firefox can harvest more of your personal information and preferences.

Opera's quite nice BTW.

PS. Just logged into the BB Bualuang online banking page in about 3 nanoseconds using the latest Firefox.

Have you tried the BRAVE browser. Very fast.

• 1 month later...

Automatic mail from Bangkok Bank in the mail at 19.07.2019, 17:48.

"Successful Log-on (19/7/2019 14:13:27)"

Took me a moment to realize why this mail came unexpected at the time.

And it's not the first time that such delays happen.

Can't remember such happening with SCB and Kasikorn.